headmaster enhanced combiner teams?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jun 1, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question
    when it comes to the g1 combiner teams some of them happen to be mentally slow or otherwise unintelligent or in the case of menasore outright psychotic r dim witted in thier merged super warrior combiner form

what might these combiner teams be like if they were to be enhanced with headmaster technology through the addition of a new character being added to the combiner team?

with this new member theirself forming the actual head and intelligent mind and conciousness of the combiner super warrior form while still retaining the mental link to the combiner team members who form him thus making it possible for the combiner's mind to draw on the experieince of the individuals who form the combiners super warrior form.

while at the same time it would also make it possible for the combiner's mind to successfully avoid experiencing the mental defects of the individual combiner tema members du to the headmaster partner theirself serving as the mental go between between the combiners mind and the minds of the individuals who form the combiners body.

how might this benefit the combiner team in their merged form?

2. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

I'm liking this. Other people may not be that into it, but I am

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Sounds like a good idea. The minds of the members could fall into some sort of sleep mode and may have installed an emergency feature if the combiner process is interrupted by failure, so that they are awakened and can turn to robot mode again and defend themselves, instead of being defenseless body parts lying around. You could completely avoid mental defects and giving the headmaster 100% control over the team. But the members should better trust their headmaster 100% ;) 

4. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

The headmaster, in my twisted yet simple way of thinking, would accelerate the connectivity of the less-performing module while also regulating the whole system while merging takes place. It's about optimizing the overall output of the gestalt through endless feedbacks from individual modules.

now that's technology yeehaa

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The reason the combiners are so stupid is because the psyche of the combiner is made up of all the individual robots that make up the combiner. This is ESPECIALLY true of Menasor, who actually has a so-called "equal" balance of psyche distributed to each Stunticon, but since all the Stunticons hate Motormaster that causes Menasor to go insane.

Then, in the case of Computron, obviously THE smartest combiner, he's just slow because he needs to compute all the psyches of the Technobots and perform on the action he comes to after computing five seperate inputs.

What's interesting is that RiD Runination technically SHOULD have this same problem for the exact same reasons, but the team all turn control of the combiner over to Mega-Octane, so essentially Ruination is just one big Energon Optimus Prime. But cooler and with more repaints.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

as a headmaster enhanced combiner team i could easily see bruticus the combaticon combiner superwarrior as being the smart hulk among his fellow decepticon combiners

7. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Hey we have a Targetmaster combiner (Piranacon) so why not? =P

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

very slow land speed on dry land aside i could easily see piranacon be the perfect mix of smart hulk and instinct driven savage if he were headmaster enhanced as well

in other words a suitable supperior opponent to predaking

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

while each tcombiner team would have a new guy that would form the head for the combiner form he would only provide the combiner form with its own mind and personality seperate from the mind of the person who forms the head of the combiner form
    but with the combiner form asa person being able to draw on the memories and life experinece of the individual combiner team members who form that combiner's body without falling victim to any one members mental or psychological negatie traits in doing so

in a manner of speaking the combiner theirself would live and experieince life through each of the combiner team members when they are their own seperate persons when not in combiner form.

and while the team members are in combiner form when the combiner has awakened and is active he would be able to draw on those experiences as his own person

basicly for the person who is the combiner it would be like a person living part of each day of their life in a dream state but with that person still being throughly aware of the deviding line that seperates dream from reality and being able to use what they have learned during dream time experieince in real life in real time reality thus making it possible for the cobiner as their own seperate person to evlve asa person coindependently of the person who make up the body of the person who is the combiner

if the combiner team was originally a 5 member team but has been enhanced to be a headmaster combiner team while the new guy would make the team 6 in number it would actually be 7 due to the combiner having its own individual mind and personality as a
    person

10. Bashaa

Bashaa Well-Known Member

But wouldn't the Headmaster also suffer from some sort of mental problem do to the massive amount data being recieved from the individual components?

11. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Problem:

for the Scramble-City combiners, they mostly combine using the limb members heads as the connection pegs. Using a headmaster, like a nebulon or human, that would likely either risk leaving the heads lodged in the torso-bot with headless limbs, or kill and mutilate the headmasters.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Hey guys, you know that technology where we're having all that trouble with merging consciousnesses effectively? We should try throwing in ANOTHER consciousness of a completely different species. I bet that'll clear our problems right up!"

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WOW! I think your totally on something. honestly speaking if Animated had gone one step further and introduced Devastator thats probably exactly what would have happened.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

think of it this way

the headmaster would theirself literally be the combiner being when fully merged and when seperated as individuals as well.

the other team members would only form the core body arsm and legs of the fully merged combiner form

but the headmaster their self would actually be the combiner being itself as a individual person

think of it as being a a kind of hybrid headmaster brainmaster and transtector as well

the smaller bot who is the headmaster would be the combiner gestalt entity itself as a seperate person when the combiner entity has seperated into its individual team members

but when the team merges together to form the super warrior combiner form the headmaster would be in full control of the combiner form body

basicly it would be a case of the combiner team merging together for the very first orignal time to create the hybrid mind of the gestalt itself and the mind link between the team members

then with the gestalt mind being seperated from each of them and given its own individual body so that the mind of the gestalt can exist as its own individual person and can more thoroughly interact with its individual teammates who form its physical body while also allowing the gestalt mind as a single person to evolve more naturally over time as its own unique person

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is that like a project manager?

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I THINK I get what you're saying, but broken down all it is you're suggesting is putting the combiner mentality into a smaller robot form when not in his larger mode. Wouldn't it be easier for the individual limb robots to just hand total control over to the core robot? As in RID Commandos/Ruination? Or do it like the PCC figures and just have the limbs be formed from drones while the core robot has total control all the time and bypass the trouble of getting a bunch of different robots to agree to work together? Or hell,GaoGaiGar style where the "combination" is essentially just giving the original robot a super mode with flashy combination effects?

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

that could work too i guess but i thought i would try to make it just a little more complicated as my idea is how i think the combiner teams would be handled over time in the idw series or transformers prime for that matter

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    more chef's in the kitchen does not mean better soupe.

19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Prime is an automatic write-off for combiners. There's no way they're going to be able to reasonably pull combiners off, what with the demands of CGI and how much work is needed to go into each unique individual robot character model.

And IDW seems to be focusing much more on the big indivudal Decepticons instead of the combiners right now anyway. plus, wasn't Scrapper killed some point a while back? that kinda rules out Devy

Bingo. More complex usually isn't the best way to do things. Especially not with combiners

20. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Victory gave us 2 combiner teams that also had a "Master" gimmicks. Brainmasters with Road Ceasar (Hey, it's ALMOST a Headmaster) and Breastmasters with Liokaiser.