Headmaster compatibility?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwinder, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Can the Headmasters from the Large (1987) Headmaster figures fit on the Small (1988) Headmasters bodies (and vice versa)?

I'm thinking of getting one of the Junkion Blacksmith figures and want to know what my options for bodies are.

Thanks!

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yes they are all the same size connectors any one will fit on any other one.

3. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. They will all work :) 

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The only previo to that is that something like Fangry or Horribull's head would look a bit odd on the bigger ones as they lack the helmet design that the Autobots have so they can look pin headed on something like Hardhead or Apeface.

But I guess few would want to use them like that anyway.. the Junkion Blacksmith heads probably look best on the bigger body types though..

There are actually some Headmaster Knock Off bodies that have been made the camo Highbrow is especially nice. if your looking for something to use with the Junkion Blacksmith or Headrobots bodies.

Also the Junkion blacksmith heads come with a link bar for their chibi head combined mode when you put a huge head on the tiny body of a second toy. this bar may also be used in some cases to plug into some non-headmaster toys (the ones with screw holes in the appropriate place).

5. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Scramble City limb-bot heads also fit into the sockets of Headmaster bodies... so the bodies could have say a Seacon Targetmaster Weapon mode in place of a head

6. Soundwinder

Nice.

Going to get the Soundwave... I'll worry about getting the body later. For the time being, I'm just going to appreciate having a tiny Soundwave with a boombox mode.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I wonder if anyone's ever thought of releasing replacement arms for Chromedome with movable elbows ?

I'd love to see Hasbro use the Headmaster concept on Voyager or Ultra toys it would be a great way to use the classics idea in the bigger size.

And if they made Snapdragon an ULTRA Triple changer then the triple changing gimic could be the selling point rather than the need for some electronics that interfere with the toys playability.

8. Soundwinder

I'm thinking High Brow's body, if I can get one for reasonably cheap.

I'd like to see them try a Headmaster nowadays. I think the last one they had was Energon Omega Supreme, which was also pretty awesome because it had the backup head. I liked that feature. Ideally, it would have some sort of a backup head, but also compatibility with G1 Headmasters.

9. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I don't think so. I tried to put Stylor in Fangry's body (picked up a headless Fangry from a flea market) and it broke a piece off.

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a word of warning about Fangry, the beast mode's legs end up right behind his head in robot mode, where they interfear with the back of the Junkion Blacksmith heads, which run deeper than a normal heads.

Here is Justice Leader on Hosehead and Nightbeat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cobra Headmaster fits on Fangry, but it does not fit on Cerebros, because it's too wide.

[​IMG]

11. Soundwinder

Looks good on Hosehead. A bit oversized, but definitely not too bad. Thanks!