Minor/Repaint: Headmaster Brainstorm from Classics Jetfire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by XSilverboltX, Aug 7, 2012.

1. XSilverboltX

XSilverboltX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I made this guy under about a week. Bear in mind, I can't paint at all, I'm VERY bad at it, so someone with better skills will likely pull it off better.

[​IMG]

The head is available on Shapeways if anyone wants to try it. The body is actually one of the chinese knockoffs of Classics Jetfire. I was surprised at the relative quality of the toy, and it was a lot less heart wrenching than working on an official Hasbro toy.

Fully transformable though unlike Chromedome, I haven't figured out where to put the robot head in vehicle mode. If you attach the boosters, it can actually sit in between them pretty well, but that looks weird as Brainstorm.

Once in vehicle mode (picture as soon as I get the guts to actually transform him as I'm worried I'll destroy the paint I put on it), the weapon pod fits in the cockpit hatch and allows to attach both halves of the gun to itself, mimicking the G1 toy's weapons location.

The Headmaster is the same basic model as Chromedome was, but I did remold the arms and the body. The legs are the same, though.

Head:
    G2P-006a - Brainiac Head by Cypherplex on Shapeways

Weapon Pod: G2P-006b - Brainiac Weapon Pod by Cypherplex on Shapeways

Next up... FORT MAX. On a Cybertron Metroplex body. The bigger head will make a cooler mini-robot to transform, methinks.

Attached Files:

2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looks good! Not seeing where your panting skills are bad at all. Btw, does the Chromedome head scale well with the FOC Jazz mold? Been thinking of buying one for it since it would be a good mold for it.

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Cool!

4. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Awesome, I bought the Chromedome set and was extremely pleased with it. Probably gonna spring for this as well, nice work my friend

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  5. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Interesting.

6. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

I do have a couple of spare Jetfires lying around...

7. XSilverboltX

Ebay:
    Well, I would have liked to detail the paint more, breakdown the monotonous feel of it. Maybe one of the Reprolabel kits for Jetfire would accomplish that.

I wouldn't know, I have yet to pick up FOC Jazz. If his head is mounted on a standard 5mm ball joint, then I'd say it should work.

Thanks!

Yeah, I just saw your Chromedome! I can't wait to see how you'll do this guy!

I thought so. Most would have gone for the Universe Silverbolt body for Brainstorm, but I wanted something more in scale with Chromedome, and smaller than Universe Hardhead.

Just be careful when taking their backs appart then. The whole body is built together and held in multiple areas. I went nuts trying to find the screws to take the three torso pieces appart to get the pins out. Not sure if the Hasbro version is built like that though.

8. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool to me!

9. XSilverboltX

Ebay:
    Update: I picked up FOC Jazz and sadly, no, the Chromehead simply would not fit on that toy. I'd have to scale it down further and Shapeways is already complaining about the size of some parts.

FOC Jazz's head is also very inconveniently surrounded by lots of kibble, which not only limits how a square head could fit on it, it also limits the head's position.

10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Love a good Brainstorm custom. And this one looks good.

Good luck with the Fort Max custom!