Minor/Repaint: Head Swap on NYCC Arcee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Demonss, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So..
    My friend and I got to discussing the new Perfect Effect Arcee that is coming out. And I said I didn't care for it.
    My friend then told me it's because I need to get over the fact that she's not a car and a motorcycle is fine.

To which I responded.. No that's not it at all. I could care less she's not a car.. I just don't think the bot mode has a shred of feminine character outside of being pink and having an arcee head. If I were to replace that with any other head and give it any other paint job thank pink she'd be as feminine looking as terradive is, if not less.

As it stands she just looks like a skinny male bot (like wreck-gar) wearing a flak jacket, and the motorcycle doesn't even look good.

I then mentioned, the Prime Arcee nails it, as the bot mode is much more feminine, and the feminine curves of the sport bike alt mode really fit arcee. I then said.. I bet the pink NYCC Arcee would look pretty great as a "classics" arcee.

So I stat and stewed on it, and realized I had about 4 arcee head's lying around for other projects I had planned and scrapped. So I ordered the NYCC set and had at it.

Over all.. I'm content with it. It's a simple head swap, the head fits in her alt mode so she can still transform. It looks significantly different than the blue prime version.
    The only thing i'm not 100% content with is the hands and the neck feels a little thick.. Which ultimately don't bother me THAT badly. And in the case of the neck, at most angles doesn't register with my head.

Attached Files:

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Is that the G1 head?

3. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

There was a G1 head?

4. Demonss

News Credits:
    It's A G1 style head.
    I can't remember if someone cast it from the Impossible toys arcee or if it was custom created.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Works a hell of a lot better than all those terrible "G1 Arcee head on Animated Arcee" solutions. She actually looks like a classics toy at first glance. I don't even think you need to change the hands as they fit how most Generations do the open-hand thing now.

6. Demonss

News Credits:
    I am tending to agree with this. I think it may be the long/beefy forearms (is that the part of the body between elbow and wrist?) that throw it off a little.. But I agree. I'm glad you like it!

7. Nemesis Maximus

Nemesis Maximus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn fine! One of those heads 'lying around' wouldn't be going spare would it?

8. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

i would like to know that as well

9. Demonss

News Credits:
    I offered one to Nemesis Maximus, I've got one left that would need some cleaning up. If you contact me I'll send it to you for the cost of the materials to ship (Ie the padded mailer) and the shipping cost.

But I've ONLY got one left. And the last one would need to be a) dremeled out to fit the post of this arcee, and b) some of the flashing from the person who cast it for me would need to be sanded down.
    If you want it contact me.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Super effective. I have one of the 3rd party Arcees sitting on my shelf holding me back from putting a new head on my NYCC Arcee but this has go me motivated. I have a couple Arcee head laying around too. The one you have is nice though.

11. Demonss

News Credits:
    Thanks man!
    I've got the igear arcee (which I love), but the thought of this simple mod was too tempting.. and it's not like she can't go back to being a NYCC complete arcee down the road! :) 

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Could work out.

13. unlikelyhero

unlikelyhero FOX HOUND RETIREE

Just have to agree with you regarding the perfect effect arcee is too masculine for my tastes and way too expensive.

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I almost want this to work, but I can't get past the overly long neck. That just throws the thing way off. The head feels like it can work just fine with that body though; the styles match well.

If the neck were modded shorter, that would probably make it work fine.

15. Demonss

News Credits:
    I can agree with that. and I think the next lends itself to being sanded down such that it could be made skinnier.
    But in the interest of keeping my NYCC Arcee intact, I wouldn't do it.

But on the other hand in view of Arcee from the G1 tv show..
    The prime Arcee's neck is about the same thickness as it's been drawn on tv. At least relative to the face and chin on this picture:
    [​IMG]

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I'm gonna attempt to custom fit an Animated Arcee head on mine.

It should look loads better, and more proportionate.

17. Demonss

News Credits:
    Glad you think so.
    But the animated Aestetic doesn't work for me on this body.
    Personal choice type thing.

And the ani arcee head is far too large to fit if you want to let her turn back to alt mode.

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Well I'll tweak it for sure.

I just feel in general that her head is too small. it's not you it's how they designed it to fit.

I'll figure out a way. I plan on trying to add a little more of a robotic look to the animated face too. maybe go for a War For Cybertron look. not sure yet.

Still looks amazing for what it is man. nice job. :) 

19. Demonss

News Credits:
    No worries dude! I didn't take your comment as a slight or anything. Everyone has different tastes. I look forward to seeing what you do with the ani head. I've got another arcee head that I got from uuser a while back that I might paint up and see what that looks like. The only thing is the way the head needs to go into the chest cavity you are VERY limited in size. And the arcee head I'm using just barely fits (the side of he head actually rub a little on the inside of the chest). I don't think it can be carved out too much without things not fitting together properly.

But I wish you luck on your ani arcee endevor! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

20. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Thanks it's gonna be super tough as I've never attempted a mod like this before.

The most I've ever done was make a Paradrone out of animated arcee and made a custom face for her out of epoxy. I may have to go that route again except I may have to recreate the head entirely or mold it over the Prime arcee's original head sculpt (to make sure it fits in the chest cavity). I'm gonna stew over it a bit. you gave me some serious inspiration for sure with your mod. :)