Customs: Head Suggestion

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I bought the Human Alliance Skids primarily for the Mikaela figure to go with Sam and Bumblebee. I keep hearing that Skids is actually a very good figure. I haven't opened him yet to verify. My problem with the twins is the ugly heads. As much as I liked the movie, I just can't get past it enough to want to own either of these toys in any size class. If they had normal heads, my opinion might be different. Anybody have any suggestions for other heads that would look good on them? Particularly on HA Skids? If I do a head swap, I just might want to keep this toy.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    All I can say at this point is that I'll be exploring this same option too in the future :)  I'd imagine voyager-sized heads would work, or some deluxe heads that are a bit larger than normal since he's a smaller 1:24-1:25 sized figure.

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I couldn't agree with you more! Both of their heads are so hideously ugly that I haven't bought any of their figs either. Although, it's not just the toys, I really couldn't stand the characters at all, save for one line in the movie "It's an ass kickin, it's supposed to hurt"
    Other than that one line though, I HATED them! And we all know that hate leads to the dark side...which is good, because maybe I can force choke both the twins. lol

As for a head swap, I think it's a good idea, as the figures from the neck down, aren't all that bad looking. (first time I said that and wasn't referring to a female) I don't know who you'd use, but it's a good idea.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Can i just ask...rather than randomly guessing at heads, can you just tell us what you want in the end? Are you planning to repaint it in G1 colours? Are you keeping it as ROTF Skids?

Coz it's kinda hard to keep it as ROTF Skids if you change the head. :lol 

5. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    For some reason unbeknownst to me, I think that the head from movie Incinerator would look fairly decent on the figure.

Of course, like Treadshot, I have no idea what you want of this figure in the end.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I really don't want to paint the whole toy. He's more a mess around with toy like Bumblebee. I don't transform my customs very often. I just want him as he is, with a new head that suits the body. He won't be movie Skids anymore, just a new character with the exact same alt mode and body as Skids. I'll have to look into the Incinerator head idea.

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

SQ7, didn't you recently have a thread with lots of pics of heads on Skids? Or was that one of the other mods?