Customs: Head/Parts molds

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OGoldwings, Nov 1, 2005.

1. OGoldwings

OGoldwings The Lost Little Autobot

The other day I was getting acylics put on my nails for the first time when I had an idea. Has anyone tried making a mold out of wax and using acylic material?

I am pretty impressed with how hard this stuff is. I have had it on for two weeks and I just broke my first nail today, mind you I am very hard on my nails due to work/hobbies. It is also shapeable with sandpaper or a dremel too.

I did notice it seems to dry quickly tho but can be shaped within the first few seconds. Next paycheck and day off I was going to pick some of the powder and liquid to see if I can do something akin to 'lost wax' with it.

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

It might be interesting. I must say though. I love your sig pic! I don't supose that was inspired by Knight Rider legends was it? It was a site that did fanfiction having KITT being a modern Trans Am and having KARR also as a good guy. Whover did that site put the scanner in about the same spot althoguh I think they put it in the vents. Anyway. Sorry to got off topic, btu I had to ask about that.

3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

sounds cool, you would have to do alot of design work and planning, dont jump right in there

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I don't see why that wouldn't work. It is the same concept used when making temporary crowns... and they seem to hold up fine (more abuse than a toy would receive anyway).

To make the acrylic set harder.... throw the mold into a pot of boiling water or if you have one a pressure pot.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have no response to the mold making, but I too like the sig. Only problem is that in 2010, that's not what the Trans-Am will look like. They quit making those in I think 2002. If they start making them again before 2010 ( not likely ), it would be a new body style.

6. OGoldwings

OGoldwings The Lost Little Autobot

Thanks! My friend REX-203 made it for me. ^^ I have never heard of Knight Rider ledgends, but I think I will google it to see if I can find it.

I heard awhile back that Pontiac is planning on bringing the Bird' back. Not sure if they are still going to go thro with it. I really hope they do and not do a shitty job of it, from what I remember it seemed like third gen and up always had really craptastic engineering for the engine; it was plauged. Still, the third gen's body style always have my heart.