Head cannon?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by trey carter, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trey carter

trey carter Sky Garry

Did you see the ant-man and the wasp trailer?
    Ebay:
    We all have some sort of head canon, which is where something that might not have happened in the orginal show like a particular character showing up in scene with another character, seems like it did happen. Mostly head canon comes into play when we talk about scale but there are other instances:

1. For me it occurs when something isnt clarified like who cyclonus really is. I know its an ongoing debate but for me its bombshell. It just makes sense in my head.

2. Just for pretend. Like for instance i like to pretend the coneheads are a super elite task force of depecticons and therefore theyre much stonger and are made of more advanced cybetronian tech than starscream and other seekers.
    B. I like to pretend Ramjet due to his red black and white color scheme was actually the sixth member of the aerialbots, thus he was once an autobot but was persuaded by Megatron to join the decepticons.
    C. I like to think prime, Rodimus, star saber, ginrai, and Dai atlas were all aware of each other and were autobot leaders that each protects a sector of the Galaxy.

Im interested to hear what is head canon for anyone willing to share!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

Lockdown :) 

• Like Like x 12
  3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron DOES-NOT-REPLY-TO-EMAILS

News Credits:
    Beat me to it.

No, I don't have "head canon"

4. trey carter

trey carter Sky Garry

Ebay:
    Assholes lol smh

• Like Like x 2
  5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I got a few. Rodimus is a sports car, Japanese point blank merged with my g1, Galvatron and Megatron are together, Skywarp is Cyclonus cause the “bombshell” one was and insect clone, got movie lockdown retconned there too as well as Bludgeon

• Like Like x 2
  6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Whopper Neutrality

News Credits:
    Why is this in... 3rd Party?

• Like Like x 9
  7. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

My head canon tends to be a mix of the g1 cartoon and comic. Basically whichever one I think did it better. For instance, Primus made the Autobots and he is Cybertron. The Quintessons don't exist. Grimlock and the Dinobots were on Cybertron during the war and were not built by Wheeljack. The war shook Cybertron loose from its sun and it was a rogue planet. The ark mission was to clear a path through the asteroid belt of the Sol system, not to go look for energy.

Huh. Seems my head canon is mostly the comic. All the characters' voices sound like they did in the cartoon. Most of the events of the cartoon fit in my head canon except for the ones that directly contradict the comic. Arcee is a character even though she never appeared in the marvel comic (yes I know marvel did an adaptation of tftm: it doesn't count).

The Japanese series never happened nor did the UK exclusive marvel comics (sorry UK, but I'm talking about my head canon). So it's Powermaster Optimus Prime, not Ginrai.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree a lot with you but I like the Japanese Headmaster origin so I went with that. I mix in War Within and WfC/FoC into it too. Love the fact that it’s so fucked up that we can do this type of shit

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blacktimus

Blacktimus TFW2005 Supporter

Because this is where the party at!

• Like Like x 6
  10. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Indeed. But the third one.

Though I wouldn't mind an actual 3P head can(n)on thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dmarsee

dmarsee Well-Known Member

In my head-canon:
    - Combiner team members don’t “grow” when combining.
    - Characters from diverse seasons/series can be in the same groups: for example, Archenemy/Scourge is an “evil” Prime who co-exists with G1 characters.

• Like Like x 4
  12. NovaP87

NovaP87 Wing enthusiast.

YouTube:
    That some autobots and decepticons (Prime and Megs, Blaster and Soundwave, Magnus and Cyclonus) sometimes get together after a battle in private and just exchange friendly banter and stuff (how stupid some of their respective troops are, funny things their cassettes have done, how crazy and stupid their leaders are) and actually get along really well.

Makes posing more interesting, instead of only fighting poses, I can have them do crazy and hilarious things.

• Like Like x 3
  13. trey carter

trey carter Sky Garry

Ebay:
    Its funny cuz i can actually picture them orchestrating some secret organization like the illuminati and while the others are out fighting for their lives, the memebers of the secret group are treating their battles like some big elaborate game.

14. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I like to pretend I'm not a middle aged man-child wasting his money on plastic toys rather than saving and investing the money in more sensible ways.

• Like Like x 14
  15. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

A-yup. This.

Combiner = sum of all parts. Mass shifting is ridiculous.

I do not mind TW Devy at all though. If you wanna throw in some arms or thighs for that itty bit of extra height, that’s cool with me. As long as the individual figures are the correct scale/size.

As for my headcanon, I have none of it for the G1/198X toon. I do have headcanon for IDW though. The raptor bodies for the seekers were always my favorite, and that’s how I’ll always prefer them.

I do not like when Hasbro wants to be cheap assholes and sell repaints, thus changing how they look in the comic. Sometimes a character will have such a nice unique body/altmode, and then Hasbro will want to re-use something from the past (Armada Starscream) or repaints/retools (of IDW Jetfire) of existing characters/molds.

Absolute no-go for me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    my head cannon is the Fallen corrupted vector prime and they went time hoping corrupting a few primes into their nemesis ver. and some none primes wanted to join up so they killed other primes in other times or Grimlock in Nemesis Prime(big convoy repaint) case and brought back trophies to prove their worthiness, as each was deemed worthy to be a "Nemesis Prime" they were given a combiner army(ninjaseticons in PE aranea's case[which i still haven't picked up smmfh]), and there you have my dark 13 counsel, when i replace one with a better figure it's either the Fallen has Unicron(waiting on that mythical 3rd party Unicron to ever release) give them more power which cause them to evolve(when it's the same figure.....example RiD Scourge evolved into MT Nemesis) or they are murdered and the murder takes their place(when it's a diff figure like Strike Noir killed Prime Nemesis Prime), currently i have 13 but it's not perfect, I want Devil Stinger so that the head bot can be the minibot leader, he'll kill Shadow Commander, and U.Nemesis Prime needs to evolve into that PE Big Convoy they teased, at least i got their armies good to go, though i want fallen to have Apocalypse and Devil Stinger would count as an army all himself, that would knock out have 4 Bruticus armies, don't even ask me how i explain that theirs 4 of them smmfh

17. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

My G1 headcanon is that the Quintessons' backstory is all lies, which they told because they're insane. I much preferred the mysterious, horrifying Quintessons in the film to the Saturday morning villains in the show.

The canon is in a third party head.

18. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Must be a bootleg one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, these things are based on a show?

• Like Like x 1