He wants a refund because " item not as described " wtf?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by PeterNorth, Aug 28, 2008.

1. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Well-Known Member

Just a little rant here. He started a paypal dispute because " item is not as described an has no value ". Its an AFA 85 with subs of B85 W90 F90. One of the highest graded vintage wheeljacks in exsistance. This is about as good as it gets. I have no problem giving him a refund but if your not satisfied with this high grade figure then what whould make him happy? Like I said just ranting.1984 Transformers Wheeljack (pre rub) AFA 85 85/90/90 - eBay (item 170251258511 end time Aug-15-08 16:00:52 PDT)

2. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Dude that suxs. There are just more and more horrible buyers on eBay now. That and probably his wife saw the credit card bill or something.

3. PeterNorth

There's a reason I only sell graded figures because of things like this happening. But now even thats not good enough I guess. Between this and non paying bidders I always have to relist. Oh well as soon as I get it back ill relist this one once again.

4. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

What did he say was the reason it wasn't as described?

How is it of no value?

I know he bought an AFA 85 85/90/85 Wheeljack from my boy MG. Maybe he just got yours because it was an AFA 85 85/90/90, and he thought the figure was in better condition?

Maybe that 90 would satisfy him?!:lol 

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Wow, that's terrible. Unfortunately Paypal historically almost always sides with the buyer. The best you can do is provide Paypal with as much info as possible, especially describing AFA and grading (assuming the Paypal employee investigating the complaint is ignorant to it) to prove the guy is full of BS and likely has buyer's remorse. Depending on how the dispute goes, Paypal may request additional documents from you. If you can squeeze some kind of written statement out of AFA, that may have some potential.

EDIT: Also, I'm assuming this complaint took funds out of your Paypal account. To me, that sounds like someone hasn't paid you...and maybe worth a non-paying bidder strike. With luck, this idiot may not reply to it, opening up some negative feedback rights for you.

6. PeterNorth

Actually he paid me but paypal is holding the money in limbo until he leaves me a poss. feedback or there's delivery conformation. But he issued a dispute so now paypal is still holding the money. I'm not giving him his refund until I have my exact figure back in hand.

7. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I understand completely. Regarding that last part, I was just saying you can justifiably open a non-paying bidders complaint on eBay since Paypal is holding your funds. Inevitably you'll have the figure back and no payment - virtually the same as him not paying, and worthy of the strike for his unwarranted Paypal complaint.

8. PeterNorth

True but with my still growing feedback and ebays rules that only protect buyers, I cant risk a retaliatory neg. At this early stage it whould drop me to like 90%. Even as popostorous as his claim whould be.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Just be careful - Ebay and PayPal are a bunch of dill-holes. They WILL try to give this asswipe his money back and then tell you "tough luck". That's why I only really sell Heroclix there anymore and soon not even that - if this happens to me I only lose $1. They don't give a damn about their sellers AT ALL anymore.

10. Da_Last_2_Walk

Paypal will make him send the item back to you with tracking, if he wants a refund. After paypal concludes you received the item, they will refund him.

He can still leave you negative feedback, that's the bad part!

11. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    Right, but the bet here is that if he won't reply to the payment dispute before you close it after the 7-day period that it must remain open. Only if he replies to it can he continue to leave you feedback. Otherwise you can leave a neg and he can't do anything about it. But remember, that's only if he doesn't reply to it.

It's kind of a loophole in eBay, but to me it's worth exploiting when you get a buyer pulling stuff like this.

12. Da_Last_2_Walk

This guy is a Transformer veteran, he knows the business. I doubt he will not respond.

Sorry, but I must clarify: Sellers can NOT leave buyers negative feedback! Even if the buyer doesn't respond to the ebay dispute.