He Man Statues???

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Johnator, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I saw the new King Randor He Man Statue and was curious. Are these "statues" actually toys like the line or more like figures that cannot be posed, played with, etc. but just sit? Forgive my ignorance in this but what is the difference between these and the regular toys?

2. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

the 6" ones are the 'staction' line and no, they can't be posed. When the figure line ended, the Four Horsemen sculptors continued the line of characters they were never able to make into action figures en masse into limited statue versions. There are also huge 12" to 15" versions of a few of em from NECA too.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    they can't be posed, although the sculpting on them's amazing. there are some tutorials on heman.org for how to articulate them. basically it involves boiling the figure and popping off limbs, and then drilling and inserting brass rods to reconnect them. not exactly something I want to do with my $25 pieces, but it is an option. here's a link to pictures of my figs:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v687/ckhtiger/masters of the universe/

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Thanks for the replies. :)  Answers it totally. Ckhtiger you have an awesome collection!

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I have em all. Very cool! Looking forward to Fakor and Kahn.