Hawaii Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Haze Gray, Jan 22, 2004.

1. BrownBoy808

BrownBoy808 I likes "jabongs."

Nope, tore up the whole toy section but found nothing. I did manage to hide the Lugnut and Strafe pretty good, but that particular Ross had like a bazillion security cams so I wouldn't be surprised if I was spotted and some worker went and put them back in the toy section afterwards. And in addition to the other two there actually was a Deep Dive as well, but he was snatched up first by some little Chinese girl :confused: 

I may just be in denial, but I honestly don't think the scout batch ever showed up here (yet). Because even though the voyagers never showed until about a week and a half after they first popped up on the mainland, I had already started making the Ross rounds immediately after the scouts were first reported, which was about a week before the voyagers started surfacing up there. So considering how ridiculously often I've gone hunting in the past few weeks I think there still would have been some kind of sign, like at least a couple of the not so hot figures being left behind here and there. Yet there's been absolutely nothing. So I've concluded that it's got to be one of two things--either they never did show yet (and at this point I'm starting to think they won't show at all), or this was one of those so-super-rare-that-it's-practically-unheard-of instances where we actually got them BEFORE the mainland but a combination of dogshit lucky scalpers and deal-hungry soccer moms snatched up EVERYTHING before even just one of us could find something and post it.

2. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Which Ross's would be a good candidate in receiving these figures? The only Ross I normally go would be the Keeamoku one or Ward. I can try check Fort Street Mall's one if it still exists.

3. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

I've only seen RTS stuff at the Pearlridge location. I've been to the Pearl Highlands, Ward and Hawaii Kai locations on and off when i get time off and nada, although i'm sure they got shipments at the same time as the others i just didn't see anything when i went, usually too late in the day. Up until last year i was working in downtown and the Fort Street Mall location was still humming so i'm sure it's still around. Toys are on the bottom floor and i've found stuff there from way back when, parking is kind of a bitch if you don't work in Downtown though.

4. BrownBoy808

I don't mind being open with this now that things are starting to look grim. Pearlridge is gonna be the best bet. Keeaumoku, Fort Street Mall, and Mililani are 50/50. Kapolei has potential but I have yet to see them get anything beyond HFTD deluxes and leaders (I was surprised to actually see a Terradive there one day, then it was promptly snatched up by some teenager kid). Hawaii Kai, Ward, Kaneohe, and Pearl Highlands are all doodoo.

5. ichiboto

ichiboto Well-Known Member

Just picked up a turbo tracks at Ross the other day. Just my luck the part where the weapons attach is warped/molded wrong so the gun attaches crooked on the side. Lol. Oh well can't complain for 7 bucks. BTW I did see an insecticon last week I think. Can't remember which Ross tho. That's the only scout fig I've seen at Ross. Looks like the Ross deals are drying up. :( 

6. freezah

freezah _________________________

News Credits:
    Any places to hunt in Kauai? I am from Chicago and already hit the walmart. Also wouldn't mind recommendations for a good oyster bar or anything good! Will be in Hilo at the end of the week.

7. terry981

In Kauai, I dunno. I heard that when RTS wasn't discontinued, there was a Kmart there that carried waves of them. Not sure of Hilo though. Besides Oahu, I say good luck on the other islands because they are more country-like rather than commercial. Oahu rocks the night life but just feels too congested at times.

8. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

Walmart has the new human alliance figures.

9. BrownBoy808

Shit, thought today would be the end of the hunt for a while. Came across some scouts at Kap today. They were from an older wave (there were couple Brimstones and Oil Pans, a few Breachers as well) so I don't think I got scooped on a Windcharger, but I think it's a good indication Ross isn't quite done with Transformers in general yet. So for those still in need of certain stuff stay on the lookout, and stay ahead of the scalpers!

10. BrownBoy808

The Lugnut I hid a few days ago is still intact so if anyone is still looking for one let me know. Strafe on the other hand went byebye.

11. TacticalSamurai

Was at Keamoku Walmart and they had ONE of Sergent Kup and Blur. Others were the Generation Scourge, Cliffhanger WFC , Soundwave WFC, Megatron WFC, and Brimstone...
    Still no sign of the Cyberverse ARK set or the Leader Class Ironhides...

12. Schnafe

Schnafe .-. --- -... --- - ...

News Credits:
    Toys R Us has the Cyberverse Ark set in stock for $31.99. A few bucks more expensive than it will probably be elsewhere, but since they are doing the free movie ticket with any purchase of $25+ I figured it was worth it.

13. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Space Case yet?

14. terry981

Thanks Tactical Samurai, I went to Keeamouku and it still had Generations Scourge, I bought him to build my sweep army. Now to get United Scourge. Thanks once again.

15. 808king

808king Active Member

Ok guys i did some hunting yesterday. TRU had absolutely nothing as expected when they have any big sale usually nothing on the floor or like the case yesterday all old wave one stuff. I hit up pearlridge, pearl highlands, and kapolei ross all had practically nothing. There was a turbo tracks i hid at the pearlridge one so if anyone is looking for that figure lmk hopefully no one finds the spot. Walmart Kunia had one generations scourge so if anyone looking for that one check there. GOOD LUCK HUNTING GUYS!!!

16. Liberty75

Liberty75 Well-Known Member

Visiting Hawaii

Hey Transformer fans, I will be visiting the island of Oahu and was wondering if there are any good transformer stores to check out. Possibly if they have United, G1 stuff, etc. Is there a Toys r us in Honolulu/Waikiki? One last question, Does the Aloha swap meet ever have any good sales on TF's Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my first visit to Hawaii with the family and I want to plan some transformer hunting excursions :) 

P.S. I am from Las Vegas, so if any of you ever come our way just post in our Nevada sightings and we will more than happy to provide any information. Also we have a small club in Vegas called the V.T.C. you can check us out on facebook.

Many Thanks.

17. terry981

There is a Toys R US if you are heading towards Aiea side, next to PearlRidge shopping center. I'm figuring you might go there cuz you are going to Pearl Harbor right? There is a Toys N Joys about two long blocks from Toys R Us. If you see a Ana millers resturant, it is across the street. You may find G1 reissue figures in there or whatever Henkei there is left. I haven't gone there for awhile so I don't know if they have United and stuff. There is another Toys n Joys in Kaimuki if you go to that area. For other figures, stop by a Target or Wal-mart. Not much to go about here in Oahu.

Don't go to swap meet, so someone else can take it from here.

18. TacticalSamurai

I'll add on,

In Kaimuki/Waialae there is a store called Sean's Shop. Its behind a parking lot behind a Chinese Duck restaurant. He doesn't have a lot, but the store owner is knowledgeable in customs and carries some nice things.

In Dole Cannery, there is a card shop, called ideal 808 and they do have several G1 items including watches and other things.

BTW Walmart had Leader Class Ironhide and restock of Leader Bumblebee

19. Liberty75

Liberty75 Well-Known Member

Toy stores in hawaii

Thanks Terry981 & TacticalSamurai. I definitely will add those toy stores on our agenda of things to see in Hawaii. Thanks again for your help

20. 808king

808king Active Member

Well our TRU never ever restocks when they suppose to, toys and joys is WAAAAAY over priced, our targets if you want something from the back you will here all kinds of ridiculous excuses about their so called "policies". As for our swap meet well lets just say the sellers forget that they are at a SWAP MEET and not a retail store. Most guys who sell there are scalpers who don't give a rats u know wut. there is these guys there every once in a while with a banner saying westside collectables who are willing to negotiate. Cool local bruddahs.... Its kind of a task to get good transformers here on oahu. For what my brother and I have been going through in this past year just to try and get to the good stuff before scalpers its EXHAUSTING. I hope this helps you plan you strategy when your here. GOOD LUCK HUNTING GUYS!!