Hawaii Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Haze Gray, Jan 22, 2004.

1. BrownBoy808

BrownBoy808 I likes "jabongs."

Went on the journey of all journeys Saturday AND yesterday, as Ross is finally starting to get RTS stuff in. I literally went to every store on the frickin' island. TWICE. For goddamn toys. What the hell is wrong with me? :crazy:  Anyways, found Lugnut immediately but Grapple was a bitch to get ahold of. Strafe and Deep Dive should be fairly easy to come by for those who are looking for them, since it seems like most peeps (myself included) are passing on them. HFTD Leader Starscream and Prime are 20 bucks a pop. Random HFTD deluxes are sporadically showing up for 7 bucks a pop. No signs of Windcharger or any other scouts yet though. Also went to Kunia Walmart yesterday and they have wave 3 DOTM deluxes, but all Thundercrackers and Laserbeaks were already raided.

2. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Thanks for the heads up. Any indication they'll be getting more cases after these or have we missed the boat on the scouts and deluxes?

3. tjmd

tjmd Get At Me Dog

No, the Ross stores here in AZ are in chaos as well. I've gone to many and they are all in chaos. I've gone at opening and mid day, and they all look like a hurricane came through. You just gotta sift through it, bad as it may be, to find that lone gem.

4. BrownBoy808

The voyagers and deluxes appear to have come through at least the past 2 weekly shipments so it's not looking good that they'll come through again. But for the sake of those still searching, hopefully I'm wrong. The leaders just came in this week so they'll probably get another round. As for the scouts, there's no indication that I could tell that they've shown up yet, so hopefully they'll show next week or the week after. That's the shitty thing about everybody in Hawaii shipping by boat these days, gotta play the waiting game.

I just thought I'd share a story that my bro told me this morning. He went to Toys R Us after work yesterday to kill time until his wife got off work. He was browsing the Marvel Universe section and noticed that there really wasn't anything new. He wasn't really intending on buying anything but just for the hell of it asks a worker if there's any more in the back. The worker immediately says no, whatever is on the shelf is all they have right now. So as my bro is walking away a guy that he's come to recognize as a scalper shows up and starts raiding the shelf. He then overhears the same worker tell scalper guy that if he's looking for anything specific he has two fresh cases stashed away in the back. To put it lightly, my bro was pissed.

So after browsing through the California sightings thread yesterday and now hearing this story from my bro, I've come to this conclusion. If this kind of shitty behavior is going on with other toylines, it's probably going to start happening with Transformers, assuming it hasn't already started. And whether these scalpers are friends of the workers or they're just giving a cut of their profits is irrelevant. The fact that it's happening period is nails. So I propose that us Hawaii guys need follow the example of the Cali guys and band together to get the drop on these pricks. We need to collaborate and plan out (in person, just in case they browse the forums) hunting trips so those of us who can't make it out on certain days don't get left in the dust. Because speaking from personal experience, hiding stuff in other sections of the stores isn't cutting it anymore. So who's down?

5. agentofprime

agentofprime Well-Known Member

I have heard that same story many times about Toys r us, Target and Walmart. It is just one of the things that makes it hard to collect anything now.

6. ichiboto

ichiboto Well-Known Member

That explains why I can never find anything there. Lame.

7. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

It's not a bad idea Brownboy, i'm down if we can get enough people, only thing is I'm not into the movieverse stuff at all so i won't be going on any hunting trips until new classicsverse stuff comes out if ever.

Also on the topic of the scalper and friends. It's unfortunate that this kind of crap happens. Everybody's entitled to make some extra cash and if they sell figures/toys whatever that's up to them, but as soon as they start getting people to hold back large quantities of product for them that's bullshit. I used to work at TRU almost ten years ago and i would hold a toy or two on occasion for myself or my friend, this was never frowned upon and was ok by store standards as long as you didn't hold an item for too long i think 2 weeks was the max. But never an entire case, let alone two, that would be a huge no-no, especially if you were hiding them. If managers found out about this you would be warned, reprimanded and than ultimately fired if it continued. Stores like TRU put customer satisfaction almost as high as pushing sales, if a customer or many customers complain that an employee is holding out on products that employee's going to be in some shit. Next time something like that happens your brother or anyone reading this for that matter should complain about what they overheard. Believe me TRU managers know each and every scalper that comes through their store and if they see that one of their employees is holding stuff back like this and probably getting paid to do so by the scalper it's going to be hell to pay.

8. BrownBoy808

Thanks for your input senorvandal. I'm not really all that into the movie stuff either. I originally intended to only get Megatron and Shockwave, but ended up giving in on a couple other figures. My main concern with the scalper shenanigans is the current Ross stuff, when/if Generations starts up again, and whenever the hell Hasbro/Toys R Us sets a release on Masterpiece Rodimus (I can guarantee it'll be like Grimlock all over again with this one). Everything falling into those three categories are/will be hard enough to come by as it is, so I feel we don't need these greedy jerks making things that much more difficult.

9. ichiboto

do you know if anyone actually found mp grimlock at tru? or did scalpers hog them all? anyway, i was able to find lugnut at ross, so i'm happy. awesome fig. no grappel tho. :(  which ross did you find your grappel at i you don't mind me asking?

10. 808king

808king Active Member

I was able to find 2 MP Grimlock one for me and my bro. However I have not seen another one at TRU. I have only seen at the stadium swap meet on sundays by a asian scalper f*g who is ripping people off on the price. I think the last time i checked dude was sellin it for $175.

11. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

Certainly sucks with the scalpers as I was able to piss one off at walmart by getting to the box first and stop him from buying a whole case. Sabotage ftw.

Ive only seen a few of the war for cybertron figs at TRU but hardly no G1 things.
    ROSS is getting hard to find actual deluxe or voyager figures too since the supplies seems little to nothing and mostly sell outs at walmart at keamoku Ross.
    Walmart in keamoku did get thier series of voyager and deluxe movieverse.
    Honestly I'm looking for the leader class ironhide if anyone spot that yet here in Oahu.

12. TacticalSamurai

You know I think store should start LIMITING customers how many they can buy a certain fig in one day to stop scalpers from buying an entire case. In japan this one food is so popular but it's limited to only one per customer to prevent scalpers. Why can't toy store put that rule up?

13. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

I'm guessing because the stores are out to make money more than anything, if a person legitimately buys an entire case of figures the more the merrier for the store, toys don't really bring in that much revenue to big box stores anyway hence they're less likely to act if one person buys 4 of one toy. I'd love to see a limit in place but i doubt it'll happen.

P.S. I agree that MP Rodimus is likely going to be a POTA to get so best we can keep an eye out for him. The only reason i was able to secure an MP Grimlock was because TRU.com had him up for sale for all of a couple of days.

14. ichiboto

Good to know some of us got some mp grimlocks. I was never really interested due to price, but i always kept an eye out when I was looking for the animated tru exclusives. BTW downtown Ross had a rts strafe and and rotf leader ss if anyone was looking for those as of this afternoon.

15. BrownBoy808

RTS deluxes are starting to show up. Like Grapple, Wreckgar appears to be the hot target with this batch, as he was the only one missing. So good luck to those who still need him. Also, if anyone is still looking for a Lugnut let me know. Hopefully the stash doesn't get discovered. Again.

I found Grapple at Mililani. Was super ultimo dogshit lucky too because I got there relatively late in the day (after 3pm). And that was the one and only time I've ever come across him in the past two weeks. I know Ross is only getting these various figures in short supply, but given his scarcity compared to the other voyagers I think it safe to assume that he's definitely THE scalper target right now. I was even told by one of the nana cashiers at Pearls that some guy she says always raids their "other Japanese toys" every weekend took all the Grapples the first day they got them in. So I'm sorry to say it but I think that figure may be a lost cause already. As for MP Grimlock I never actually saw it in store myself, but my friend's cousin did. There was only one so he put it on hold for me at the front desk. Then I had my pops got pick it up since I was working late and wouldn't have made there before closing.

I know exactly who you're talking about. I have a friend who sells Hot Wheels at the stadium every once in a while. He's firmly against scalping and all about helping out other legit collectors, so with the exception of a handful of super rare cars or treasure hunt or whatever they're called (I know absolutely nothing about Hot Wheels, was never into them), he always sells what he has for what he originally paid. Anyways, one Sunday back in November that same scumbag asian guy buys a couple rarities from my friend for 2 bucks a piece, then immediately goes back to his booth and puts them up for resale for 10 bucks a piece. Oh, and at the time he was asking 95 bucks for Grimlock. He seemed like somewhat of a grouchy guy. Probably because none of his stuff was selling. Gee I wonder why....:lol 

I gotta agree with senorvandal on this one. The mass retail stores are only out to make money so I doubt they'll ever do something like this. Yes, places like Target do have their bullshit "no pulling from the back for blahblahblahwhatever reasons" rules, but that tends to hurt us legit guys more than the scalpers. To somewhat directly quote a worker at Kapolei Target: "these are 'collectibles' and they come in an assortment so we can't pull specific figures but if you want the whole case that's fine." :crazy:  I still say the best bet is to band together and buckle down. But like I said a couple post back, I'm not that into the movie stuff so after I get ahold of a Windcharger (assuming my little theory is correct) I'll be slowing down on hunting big time until Generations restarts and MP Rodimus is released.

16. TacticalSamurai

*double post

17. TacticalSamurai

18. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Damn, when and where did you spot the Deluxes? Knew i should have gone out today heh. Wreckgar's the only deluxe i'm looking for and of course he's the scalpers pick.

What a douche, sounds like that guy needs to get a real job and stop trying to rip people off.

I wonder what direction they'll take the line what with the movies ending. I really hope they're not going to be piling up with more movie inspired designs for another half a year after these waves are gone.

19. BrownBoy808

TacticalSamurai and senorvandal, check PMs.

20. ichiboto

What!?!? They're getting wreckgars now? Brownboy can you pm me too? I've been looking for that guy forever! Wouldnt mind picking up a g2 prime and perceptor either.