Having trouble with Leader Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Recently I picked up DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime in TJ Maxx, and have so far been really enjoying him. I have transformed him several times, but there is one panel that I can never, I repeat, never, get flush with the rest of the vehicle mode. To be specific, it is the right panel with the Rosenbauer logo on it. The rectangular peg and hole (the one located roughly 1/4 in from the front) can't seem to fit together. Yet, the other side fits together perfectly fine. Has anyone else had this issue, and, if so, is there a simple remedy to this situation?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

If you are having an issue with him i would say check out optibotimus' video review. That figure is finnicky and his review can be a big help for transforming it because you may have something slightly off and not realize it.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

It needs a massage. Seriously, that toy has no tolerance clearance. If one of his metal pubic hairs is out of place it won't lock together.

4. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Yeah that figure is a pain in the ass to transform. I got him to vehicle mode and back, and now he's staying on display in robot mode. Forever.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    It's just a matter of adjusting and readjusting. That toy is a literal rubik's cube when it comes to kajiggering it right.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Have you ever tried holding it down with rubber bands when it's close to alt mode?

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    No, it literally will not sit level with the rest of the alt mode, even if I try to push it in really hard.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe some pics could help.

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    It's a bit late tonight, but I'll do it first thing in the morning, if that may help.

10. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

While I don't have mine at hand, I usually find that a panel transformeration issue like this (e.g., one side works, not the other) is because you have a hand or a foot turned just slightly wrong or a ratchet joint is just one click off of where it is supposed to be.

For the longest time, I had issues for ROTF leader Prime's hood. It turned out I had his elbow bent just one click off, which threw everything else off.

11. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Sounds more like the tabs and/or pegs may be just slightly too large to fit, or may be ever so slightly off. The panels he's talking about are the ones that are attached to the shoulders.

But do you mean that it won't go in place at all, or it doesn't stay flush? Because on mine both of those panels will go in place, but never completely flush with the vehicle mode.

12. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine was the same way! I just had to push HARD but I heard a click and from then on it was fine

13. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

Mine is the same exact way. I noticed some plastic that was in the way so I took the dremmel to it. It helped a little but still doesn't quite go flush. I chalk it up to a funky fit and part.

14. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though I think these are useless now that everyone seems to know what I'm talking about, it's this peg and hole.

15. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Is there a round peg on the back of that piece that pegs into the robot mode shoulder? If not then I may be thinking of the wrong piece, but if it is that piece, make sure the shoulder's lined up in the back of the truck. There's a little tab inside that the shoulder panel can tab onto, and then the shoulder itself should point out sideways. I remember that panel being a bit finicky on mine, but I don't remember doing anything in particular to fix it. It might also be a slightly misaligned forearm; in vehicle mode it has to point in a very particular direction so another panel from the leg can tab onto it.

16. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I'm thinking it is an issue of the peg being too big for the hole. The other side is lined up just the same (as far as I can tell), and it pegs in just fine.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

This is actually spot on, with those shoulder panels if something is lined up slightly wrong or a ratchet for the legs is a click off those panels will not sit flush. This mold has low tolerance for things being off and can be a pain to get everything lined up right at first. Not saying thats what your issue is but it very well could be.