Having trouble posting pics in my posts

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by x BlackMagnus x, Jun 1, 2010.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Exactly what the title suggests. Everytime I do, I must not be copying the right URL or whatever, what I get in place of the pic is the address. What I end up having to do is post it as an attachment, which garners no attention b/c its a tiny ass thumbnail at the bottom of my post. I want them in the post grr! Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

BM

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Are you using IMG tags by using the [​IMG] icon? If you use the URL [​IMG] icon it will only post a link.

If you are, just try to post them in this thread and I will try and see what is going wrong.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  3. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    I probably should have metioned that I'm trying to upload them directly from my PC, not from Imageshack or Photobucket etc. Is that where the problem lies? I will try anyways and see. I'm such a doof, it's the only damn thing I've had a problem doing.

4. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, for one, you can't upload directly from your computer unless it's an attachment. You have to use a photo hosting site like photobucket.

For two, your image link has "http://" twice. The image button adds that automatically, but you are putting it in again. Clear that out before pasting your link in the box. I removed the first "http://" from your image and it worked for me.

For three, hotlinking to sites like you just did in your example is against the rules. Just save the image and host it in a free site like photobucket before linking in on the boards.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  6. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    Ok, guess I'm off to create an account.

Ahh, didn't even notice that when I copied the image.

And well, I had no idea that I was "hotlinking", I was trying to find you an example and it was the first thing I found, sorry.

Thanks alot GD!:thumbs2: