Customs: Having to sell MP Ironhide by Jaf

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rick_Coronel, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:

Attached Files:

2. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

you paid $600?......... jesus christ why!?
    Its just Alt Skids painted red with a slight modded front section. Aside from that its nothing that cant be done easily by $60.. $600 however? man...

3. Rick_Coronel

Ebay:
    It's a complete reshell that usings alt prime, alt skids, valkfan Ironhide head, and a Nissan C20 Vanette kit.

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um...no, it looks like a complete reshell using a model van as the shell. Certainly not a simple repaint or even slight mod.

5. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

come on its NOT worth $100 let alone $600.
    Its Alt Primes waist/Legs and the Arms of Alt Skids with a different fron body from a 24scale model van which can easily be purchased off many model car/plane stores. Im sorry i just dont see anything special here that most people here cant do themselves for less than $600

Alot of people figured making custom Devastator was hard but really most people here can do that with alittle time along with custom menasor so long as your willing to look for the parts and spend roughly $200 rather than speding over $8000 for 4 classic figures worth $12 each and 1 cybertron figure worth $30 with afew other parts from bots and a repaint

sorry i just cant see for the life of me how this ironhide sold for $600, seriously the guy who sold this to you for 600 must have been laughing all the way to the bank

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    clearly he does not. I doesn't matter if others can do it, the cost of styrene, paint, brushes, thinner, clear coat, epoxy, scupting putties, junker parts, model kits, whole TFs, and alllllll the hours of labor do NOT stay under $100. It cost ME $300 to make my OWN Menasor.

8. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

well considering i and many others made the custom Devastator off your design fairly easily...

Ive also seen some people manage to make custom menasor off your design as well. Its a hard thing to do but many people have been able to do them because the comminity has shown each other how all the energon connectors ect work to make it all hold together.

This MP ironhide just seems fairly easy to me to make. Its just Alt primes Legs/Alt Skids roof/Arms with a new model car front body and doors.
    Im sorry but cosidering what we have seen especially from you....
    well i just think this looks fairly simple and no were near worth 600

Also Redline you say you made your OWN Menasor? was that the CLASSICS one or did you make a copy of FrenzyRumbles?
    I already have a ton of paints and spray cans already and getting Cyb prime and afew classics and junkers didnt cost me $300. Most i would say was $150 but im working in GBP and not $ so roughly $150 is like 80GBP yet FrenzyRumble sold his Custom menasor for a monsterious price on ebay. seriously i was shocked how much that sold for

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    let's see some of your work then. You make it sound so easy. ;) 

10. Rick_Coronel

Ebay:
    I guess I shouldn't have posted it here. I got a reply to post it here to help get more interests.

Mods can delete if they want.

11. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    He dosen't know what a perfect and a really hard work is!

all i read from him is envy!

i admiring all these gods of kitbashing!

all dollars they got for they're work is i very hard acuired.

he payed value is the real value for a good, cause somebody in the world say: "yes this is my price i bet for it!"

this is supply and demand and market economy!

To this masterpiece:

awesome!

it must be hard for you to sell this!

you are a good guy! family at first :) 

12. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok but PM me about it in a day or two because im off on Tuesday so i can hopefully add something like Classics Dirge i did awhile back and maybe afew others. Im busy for the next few days thanks to my arsehole of a boss making me work DOUBLE Shifts..sigh...
    So im kinda looking for new work now because im not happy in current job.

Gimme a day or 2 and i wil post Custom Alt Trailbreaker/Ratchet and Classics Dirge. When i finish Custom Devastator and Menasor i will post up pics of them as i havent finished them off yet as so far ive only sprayed them all white and changed/added the connector ports to afew of the figs

Also rick dont take it seriously. i think the figure is nice i just dont think its worth 600 thats all. 100 maybe but 600 no. i think it is a nice model but just not my taste.
    Seriously good luck on selling this because you do need the money and im sorry for whats happened to you and your family and hope you get back on you feet really soon

13. Rick_Coronel

Ebay:

Yeah, it's hard to sell but family should come first, I know they would help me if it was reversed.

I actually had money saved for a MP sideswipe as well as a few other mp's, but that's not going to happen now.

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Not a great first impression in my book.

You have no idea what JAF is capable of. He's been doing this for many years, and his work has always been top notch. You can't rip off ideas from customs like this ironhide, it's just impossible to figure something like this out without having experience. The figures alone cost well over 100. I can stop there.

But, let's be fair - Tell you what buddy; if you can make that ironhide by JAF for $100, I will buy 10 of them.

15. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Certainly materials are just a fraction of the cost of what many customs sell for. But time and effort comes at a price. And really, when you break it down to per hour labor cost, most people get maybe 5 or 10 dollars per hour for their work. Not much if you ask me. But you know, if someone has time and can make their own customs, more power to them. For others, at least they have the option of buying some of these stuff. Would I pay the amount that some of these customs go for? Probably not, but what’s worth it to me is of course different to others. But at least have some perspective to know that these aren't "easy".

16. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

dude that guy is uncool and FR and redline man your guys menasor and devys rock and JAF is an inspiration he is amazing I am sorry you have to sell that beautiful piece of art but I hope you get what you need out of it...

17. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I used to say the same thing when BC Thundercracker came out. But afterward, I was kicking myself for not getting him. So when Takara made him an exclusive, I decided to buy him. I also got Skywarp so all three of my seekers match. Granted they are all repaints of the same mold, but it is a matter of personal preference. I congratulate you on your purchase. Oviously you felt it was worth the money you paid for it. It does look nice, BTW. And if it is worth it to you to buy it, then more power to you. Like I said, it is simply a matter of choice by the person.

If you need to sell it, then you do so. I'm sure someone will pay what you are asking for it. Family is the most important thing in life...

18. Rick_Coronel

Ebay:
    Thanks guys.

I think the only way I wouldn't have to sell him is if my weekend sales go good.

As I sell furniture that me and dad refinish. Yup, I work in the furniture business.

19. guarddog8471

Ebay:
    I agree 1000 percent! RL and FR, great job on your customs. BTW GhostPrime, Redline's Menasor was revealed before Frenzy_Rumble's. Just so you know.

20. guarddog8471

Ebay:
    :lol