Having problems with Diablo II files.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot Burnout, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I need some help, and I can't find anything online that can help me. It all started when I popped in my Diablo II: Lord of Destruction disc to start playing. For some reason, the window "please insert disc" comes up, and I don't know what's going on, so I search up the internet and find that with a latest patch (which I know I have), I just need to get a file off of the Diablo II expansion disc and I can play without the disc ever again. So I go do that, only my computer now won't even let me copy the one file I need because of some "I/O" error.

What the hell is going on?! The drive itself isn't malfunctioning, since I've already tried running Warcraft III and a few other games and had success, but why is it being such a pain in the ass with Diablo? I'm willing to have to uninstall everything (I only play on Battle.Net since there's better stuff on there and I can reset all the bosses, so no worries about loosing my characters), but only if there's no other option.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Er...nevermind.

Not quite sure, but somehow the problem has been resolved. The CD player is working perfectly once again after a cord was disconnected, dusted, then reconnected to the drive.