Having a hard time choosing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SeekerofTruth20, Jun 18, 2010.

1. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Here is the story...
    Starting out on this adventure, i was originally willing to buy with $200 (shipping and handling not included) finally, an MP-04 Convoy...but then i started thinking maybe instead i could buy Masterpiece Starscream and Skywarp instead.
    Then I started looking at the Alternity line and seeing how awesome they were and using that $200 to buy Alt. Megatron (Diamond Black), Convoy (Black) and Starscream and Skywarp.
    I cant decide on what to do lol. I am asking the TFW community to help me with your advice. Thanks all!

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Out of all the options you mentioned I would go for the Alternity line. You get 4 figures for the same ammount of money.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I guess I'd got Alternity, you'd be getting 4 figures for the price of one.

MP Prime still wins the Masterpiece line.

4. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I guess it depends on what you're going for as far as collecting.

I like the MP toys more than the Alt line; so I'd probably go in that direction.. and probably go with Prime.

I like cars, but I like the old fashion look more (closer to G1 look and alt mode). I bought Alt Black Megs last year. It's cool looking, but I don't think I'll be getting any more of the Alt line.

5. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    depends on how you display your figures. If you display in robot mode (like me) the trailer just ends up taking up alot of space and then you could get a mp-01/2oth anniversary for about half the cost. it also depends on how patient you are, I have 3 mp op and I never paid more than 70 for any of them.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I just recently purchased the MP04 and can not wait to receive it! It'll be awesome next to my Masterpeice Megatron, Skywarp, and Alternator Hound. I think the Masterpieces and Alternators go great together.
    If you can fork out the cash, I'd go with the MP04 while you can. I think the rest will be easier to get afterwards. MP04 might not be so easy soon.............

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    jets not cars

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you like alternity, go for those.

but if you really want MP Convoy, just tuck away money in a jar (for some pricey items, i put aside $25- $30 a week until i have enough) and get him.

with some planning, you can have it all.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The only Alternity figures I see worth while are BB and CJ. They work perfectly with MPs and Alternators.

I personally do not like Prime, Megs and the Seekers and sports cars.

I would say PASS on the trailer and for a few extra bucks you can get MP Prime, SS and SW. I know all those figues were released in North America so you should be able to score the US releases for much less than $200.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    For me I'd go for the Masterpieces. They're definitely THE definitive versions of the characters. But I'm not a fan of Alternity whatsoever, so take that into consideration as well.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    For me it would be Prime or the Alternity figures. I have yet to jump into the Alt pool cause I know I would be a completionist if I did, but they do look really nice in person. However, I would hold off for the re-release of Prime in the red colorscheme, unless you are partial to the Black one.

As far as Prime goes, he is the definitive version of Prime IMO, and a piece that can stand alone in your collection. I have the crappy Hasbro version, as well as the Black version in my POL, and will eventually get MP-04. It is a great representation of Prime.

As far as the seekers go, I would hold off on those and try to get them on the B/S/T board. I know you can find people with the US version of Skywarp for $35+ shipping, and although Starscream has gone up in price a bit, you can still pick him up for a pretty decent price on the boards later. They are great figures, but I would hunt around for them.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP-04 Convoy! Alternity is alright and I can't really give you a solid opinion because I've only owned Super Black Convoy but those toys cannot compare to the awesomeness of Masterpiece!

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it were my purchase, I'd go with MP Skywarp and MP Starscream. The Alternity line doesn't appeal to me at all and I'm not a fan of trailers, since I don't have room to display them and they all just end up in a box, so neither of those options sounds as good as the two MP Seekers.

14. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! I think Masterpiece is the way to go on this one. I will look for the cheaper MP Prime and go from there :)  and if i can, maybe even pay a little extra to get MP Starscream and Skywarp. Priority though will be getting Prime! Ill hold out for Alternity for a while. I appreciate your help :)