Haven't played this game in a while.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Mechafire, May 30, 2011.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    However, I recently dug it out to try playing again. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but there's three issues that annoy me to absolutely no end.

- No host migration. I simply can't figure out what they were thinking by not adding this. It's absolutely ridiculous. The only legitimate reason I could figure out is that they simply forgot to add it, and even that is a pretty lazy excuse. It's such a killjoy when you're booted back to the title screen after kicking ass in multiplayer, or laying waste in Escalation.

- You cannot harm AI while they are transforming. I cannot even explain how fucking annoying this is. What perplexes me is that I've hardly seen anyone talk about it. Only two of my friends have even acknowledged this issue's existence. But make no mistake, it's real. I haven't really tested it out that much in the player versus player modes, but in both Campaign and Escalation, the AI is completely invincible while they are in the process of transforming. What's even worse is that for some reason they seem to be able to shoot at you while they're transforming. Even worse is that sometimes there will a bunch of them at a time you'll be fighting, and they just all do it at once. And even worse is that sometimes they just don't stop transforming. They go from robot to vehicle, then from vehicle to robot, then from robot to vehicle again. And by the time you actually can damage them, you're usually dead or nearly dead. It's almost like they know they can do it. It's bullshit. Easily the most annoying issue in this game.

- Unlike the above two points, I hadn't encountered this issue until I recently started playing again. It's a potentially game-breaking glitch: Sometimes when you go into Escalation, the group you're playing with will appear as enemies. Yes, you read right. You can sometimes actually kill your own teammates in Escalation. There's no name above your partners' heads, so it's difficult to tell at first if you're attacking an enemy or your teammate. And sometimes you'll hurt your teammate by accident when you're using a weapon capable of splash damage. I'm also pretty sure you can't revive them when they're downed. If you do kill them, it even says in the kill-feed "(username) killed (username)" instead of "(username) killed Brute (for example)", which I find extremely odd, almost like it's not a glitch but instead implemented on purpose. But that's not all. When this glitch occurs, aside from being able to kill your teammates, you can also go past the barriers and exit the map. So far I think it's only happened to me on Broken Hope (More like broken game, amirite? (Credit to SPLIT LIP for that joke.)), but I wouldn't be surprised if it can happen on other maps.

Sorry if this post comes across like I'm mad as fuck, but I just got finished playing a few games of Escalation with SPLIT LIP, and I wanted to get these points across. I still like WFC, but I'm seriously hoping they fix these issues in DOTM and WFC2.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    In addition to the third point, I've also had myself placed on a mystery "third faction" in multiplay.

It's kinda fun just flying out into space...

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I played a ton of PvP multiplayer when the game was released, and it never happened to me or any of my friends once (as far as I know). Seems like a more recent glitch to me.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Here's another one, kids. As we speak I've started a game of escalation. I'm stuck as a disembodied floating camera that can't move from just above the map.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I STILL haven't had many online issues with this game, even after I went back to try and cap off the achievements.

I swear I didn't bribe High Moon to give me the best server or anything, either.

6. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

The "third faction" thing happens when you join in the middle of a game with a party, I believe. For some reason the game won't put you on separate teams to keep the sides even, so instead you just end up as this third faction that looks like an enemy to both teams.

7. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love this game, but I could never find this part of the forums. Why would it be listed under non-transformers?

Anyways, host migration is a must, Escalation bots abuse the hell out of invincibility transforming, especially the damn shotgunners with their overshields, and I can become a disembodied camera sometimes. I've never been able to attack my teammates in Escalation, though.

One of the weirdest glitches I've ever had was when I got disconnected or something in multiplayer and I got my error message in fricken german. What glitch in programming leads to THAT?!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It wasn't originally. However as the traffic died down they moved it here under Videos Games

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I just bought the game and I was wondering if there were any patches? Because the link on wikipedia takes me to Transformers: Dark of the Moon - The Game, but there is only this:

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to post something similar. I dove into the storymode this weekend for the first time in months... and I forgot how much I fucking love this game. This is Transformers in the way that we only dreamed of a few years ago. I really hope we get a sequel.

11. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    As far as we know it's still scheduled for summer next year.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I hope so. Only time I've double-dipped and it was worth every penny.

13. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    You're still gonna get DotM? After hearing about the slight improvements from the panel I'm glad I preordered it now.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I texted Smasher this weekend that I was going to be getting a review copy this week. I had to rub it in, lol. I would have bought it anyway. Alas, it's the PS3 version though.

15. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I havn't played this in awhile either but I am stuck right now at the moment and gave up on a mission on the autobot side.