Have your Transformers Ever broke

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusScream, Aug 24, 2011.

1. decor1

decor1 Unknown Member

If I even look at MP Megatron, he breaks. Also, my MP Starscream's wing hinge is cracked.

2. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    unfortunatelly, just because of nostalgia I opened this week end a G1 skyquake.

The visor part broke at the first transformation because of the gold plastic sydrome I guess.
    I glued it and hope it won t break again....

3. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Yup, I had a similar GPS incident with Skyquake as well. Folded up the rear stabilisor wings, and I broke the gold plastic tab giving one of them support. Not very visible, but annoying none-the-less.

4. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In fact I broke a little tab locking the grey stabilisor wing and by folding the green wing broke a big part of the gold visor.

I glued it this sunday and didn't touch it since, but hope I will be able to slowly fold the green stabilizor wing. I will live the grey one locked forever as it doesn't affect the aestetic.

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I hope you made him reimburse you. That's some bullshit right there.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Only the peg of one of Powermaster Optimus Prime's grey guns broke off.

7. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I try not to think about toys I've broken. But ones of note:

MP Megatron. Somehow I managed to break one of his red leg pannels off at the hinges. I was sitting with a roommate at the time, and she knew it was a $200 toy. She said "Oh my god, are you O.K.?" That somehow made it all better. The pannel still pegs in and looks perfect, and I'm not planning to sell it, so no big whup.

One of the pointy nubs on MP Starscream's tail fin broke off. I super glued it back on. It broke off again. It is presently taped to a piece of paper, waiting for a better solution.

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    TFTM Stockades arms broke off, with the ball still in it...
    Now I just use him as a dead con in battle scenes.
    TFTM Leaders Brawls cannon broke off.
    Still use him.
    Both ROTF Sideways and Dead Ends wings hinges broke

9. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    It was the joint that bends at the knee right? Because that's what happened to mine.

Anyway, aside from FOC Starscream, my other broken figs are:

PCC Mudslinger: One of his legs fell off.
    PCC Caliburst: One of the ball joints snapped off.
    PCC Sledge: One of his arms broke.

Wow, all of my broken figures are PCCs.

10. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Movie Battle Blade Bumblebee- Head wouldn't stay on; exchanged it for a better one
    Cybertron Thundercracker- those damn tiny supports that connect his chest to his back broke
    Animated Swindle- arm got caught on the bicep swivel during transformation, popped the arm off and cracked the ball joint. Managed to find a replacement in Target months later
    Animated Deluxe Bumblebee- cracked shoulder ball joint, fixed with superglue
    ROTF Bludgeon- fingers on left hand randomly snapped off one day; glued back on

11. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually broke the roof off my Prowl in 1984. When my Mom and I returned him, I was able to exchange him for a Sunstreaker because they didn't have anymore Prowls. Never got another Prowl until last year when someone on here sold me a Universe one. Got an RTS legends one for my son shortly afterward. We are both looking forward to the MP Prowl coming out soon!

12. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    takara walmart deco starscream's pointy tailfin piece was just gone one day..think someone was in my toy room.

wing hinges on both that starscream and mp-06 disintegrated

mini megs gun with mp-01 broke

universe prowl's and smokescreen's door ball cup broke, replaced both

one of classics jetfire's antennas broke when a friend's kid grabbed it

13. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Transformers toys are made durable enough I suppose, but like with anything made of plastics eventually things just break, wear and tear, mishandling of the figure, or epic child-war of Transformers vs. G.I.Joe vs. Terminator vs. TMNT vs. any number of other toylines.

Transformers toys which have broken on me are as follows:

RotF Scout Class Scalpel, many of the ball joint sockets have cracks making the legs uber loose, but he is still semi-functional.
    BM Optimus Primal, his thumb broke on me long, long ago when I still played/transformed my toys more often and didn't have so many to worry about storage vs. shelf space. Super glued it back on though.
    BM Hammer Strike, one of his arms has cracked at some point, considering the nature of this toy and how thin all of the parts are I'm not too terribly surprised, also it was a cleanish break and the part still adheres with friction, so he's still functional and hasn't been glued or attempted glued yet.
    BW Rampage, one of his knee joints broke, friction keeps it on and serviceable.
    BW TM Megatron, do I really need to go into details on how he's broken? Surprisingly enough he hasn't crumbled completely apart yet, I've had him since '98 and hope to have him for a time more.
    BW Magnaboss Compononent Silverbolt, one of the sections of his wings that covers the spring loaded launcher's activation switch cracked and fell off exposing the inner workings.
    PCC Salvage, his Combiner Head broke off at the joint when he rolled off the dresser in vehicle mode and slammed the bumper into the floor. One of these days I'll try and glue it back on so at least his grill and lights are back onto the vehicle, don't care much for his combiner torso mode anyway.
    RotF Legends Sideways, one of the swivel pin joints for his legs caused the plastic to crack, fortunately friction keeps the pieces on when displayed... Considering the nature of the joint I'm not too keen on attempting glue.
    RotF Legends Megatron, his leg also broke off, not at any joint either, the entire leg assembly broke clean of the piece with the balljoint on it, super glued that sucker back together and it works just fine.
    Cybertron Skywarp, one of the tailfins broke off at some point, but super glue got that sucker back to normal.
    Cybertron Unicron, this I chalk up to my own stupidity, snapped his arm off completely when I tried to transform the dude after a year or so of not handling him. Forgot how he transformed, pulled the wrong way and snapped the arm off from near the hinge. One day I'll eventually replace the mold.
    PRID Arcee, one of her foot was so damn tight to fold the tire into the cavity for it that the damn thing snapped after two transformations, haven't gotten around to attempting repairs on her yet.
    G2 Onslaught, I bought this guy three times because his right arm kept snapping off at the joint for transformation, two bloody times it snapped in the exact same spot. Really annoying.

The tragic tale of RtS Windcharger is well documented, my parents went all the way out of town on a Saturday afternoon drive and found the elusive scout in a neghboring community. Two days later while re-organizing my brother's new cat came waltzing in and due to my haphazard placement of figures while I attempted to reorganize the display he knocked Windcharger off the windowsill.

I figured no big deal, I've had tons of toys fall from a similar height and not break.

WRONG on this account, the ball joint on his right hip snapped off completely, the joint was too tight so the leg didn't just pop off the socket, instead if broke the damn thing and to this day, though having had five or so attempts to, I have yet to manage to replace it or even repair it because it just did not want to adhere with super glue. I was angry at the cat for the first few hours, but mostly I was just dissapointed that my brand new hard to find scout broke from a simple fall off the shelf, I mean seriously it was less than two feet.

I'm still hoping to pick up the Takara Henkei two pack so I can have Wipeout as a swell bonus for replacing my Windcharger, but I have to wait paitently until I can have some extra funds set aside for it before I can pick one up.

Not broken, but I did lose Armada Airazor's tailfin through sheer stupidity, I thought it was something else and just trashed it, months later I finally realized where the part was meant to go but it was too late then. Such an idiotic brain fart moment, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who forgot what piece went where and wound up tossing it at some point.

14. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart Starscream is very fragile, I lost and broke pieces of mine but eventually sold it for twice what I paid for it new.

Generations Metroplex is made of weak weak plastic. One of the hinges of his chest ramp broke after I took it out of the box, and I stressed one of his feet ramps to the point that the black looks white. They don't make city bots like they used to

15. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    FE cliffjumper decapitated even though i seldom played with him.

Prime's motto "one shall stand, one shall fall" literally happened to me. After completing my lego powermaster op, i took my decade old reissue god ginrai off the shelf, dusted it and photograph them together side by side.first the crotch piece for cab prime broke, then when i tried to transform it to bot mode , both legs snapped and he's now a paraplegic. As my proud new lego powermaster prime stand tall inside the detolf case, my beloved nostalgia laden handicapped prime is now stashed inside a container to prevent further damage. :( 

16. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As an adult, the only toys that have ever broke on me was a small tab on the hood of Alternators Tracks, a small tab on the chest of ROTF Lockdown, a peg on Animated lockdown that was snapped off after it was moved in storage and the hand of ROTF Bludgeon that snapped when I put the sword in.

17. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Yes the lot of them.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've had a few since 1984. Here's one that I've just forced into my submission:

[​IMG]

Electro - 1994 G2 Transformers - TFW2005

I found G2 Electro at a flea market for $10. While the figure was under a tent there, God only knows what the life of the figure was. This is on top of the amount of GPS that plagues this figure just due to the sheer amount of gold plastic used for this figure. When I got the figure home, I carefully transformed it, and of course there were some breakage issues. I did some repairs, and things were fine.

I go back to the same flea market, and a similar situation (though it was a different vendor), and spotted another G2 Electro. It was around the same price ($10-12, but I can't remember). I already saw a breakage issue, but the first one I had was broken in a different place originally. I figured I could just parts swap if I ever needed.

Between then and now, about 3 years have passed. My core figure has broken on a few occasions, and I just make some fixes. The last breakage was on the cab. In a fit of randomness tonight, I sought out to repair it. The superglue is currently curing.

In the meantime, I grabbed what is now a bag of spare parts and I'm working on restoring a second at least to some kind of workable condition. The breakage issues there are a bit more massive.

Just in case you may not know, I'm no stranger of taking GPS by the horns. While G1 Skyhammer there wasn't broken by me, what I documented there is my preventative measures. My Skyhammer Pretender shell does have the common tab breakage present. It was like that when I bought it, and it's not gotten any worse. Therefore, I can't count that one as something I've broken.

I could run through a laundry list, but I may just pop in to tell a tale about one or two every now and then. I typically don't break much, and I'm very careful with my collection, reasonably speaking. I don't use white gloves, but I don't throw things across the room, either. I also rarely use instructions, so that increases my danger quite significantly. Part of the fun for me is playing with, interacting and posing, and the mental workout that comes with transforming a figure "with my eyes close", so to speak.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  19. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    FOC Kickback. The socket on the the head cracked and I don't know how to fix it.

20. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    G1 Jazz. His roof connection broke on his first transformation, while using the directions.

I've had the legs snap on a couple G1 Primes. Both authentic G1, no reissues.

Heavytread's minicon simply disintegrated on me.

GPS sufferer BW Grimlock had his legs disintegrate.

One of the feet on my G1 Bumblebee broke. Fortunately, this was when early G2 was out, so I picked up G1 Bee as an organ donor.