Have you gotten over the cancellation of DOTM wave 6 and Movie Trilogy or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 19, 2012.

?

??

1. No, i have not gotten over the news.

17.6%
  2. Yes i got over it :)

26.2%
  3. Mixed

14.3%
  4. never cared

41.9%
  1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just really want Deluxe Leadfoot for my Wreckers...

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    We have a Hot Shot, Combiners, Shockwave, Jazz, the rest of the Prime line and 40 Generations toys coming soon. Of course I got over it.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never really cared in the first place. I got the only figure I actually wanted (HA Soundwave), so I'm happy.

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    DotM was underwhelming but did have some gems, yet the canceled figures did not seem to be among them, so getting over it was never really even a consideration for me. Never wanted them to begin with, but I do feel bad for those that did.

Then again, once the upcoming Prime and Generations figures start hitting, the canceled trilogy stuff will be easily forgotten.

5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot Kingdom still has some for ~$30, probably the best price you'll find. That's where I got mine.

For me, I'm mixed. Who knows what a "Movie Trilogy" line might have contained, I can't really feel cheated if I don't know what I didn't get. As for the unreleased toys, I managed to get HA Soundwave for a decent price. Sure, paying retail would have been nicer, but no major loss. Same goes for Leadfoot, I've bought a number of United toys before, so I can handle that price point. Still miffed I can't find a Que for under $60 shipped.

I think I'm more mad that Hasbro managed it so poorly than I am that I had a harder time getting the toys. I can understand that Soundwave was kept back as his alt mode is a spoiler for the movie, but there's no reason Que and Leadfoot couldn't have come out earlier. They really should have put them up front and pushed back non-appearing characters like the twins and Jolt.

As always, who I really feel for here are the kids. I, as an adult collector, can go online to get my expensive imports to complete my DotM line. Your average kid however is left without a Soundwave toy - one of the big characters in the movie. I also feel for the toy designers, they made some pretty decent toys here and many people won't get to enjoy them.

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm over it, though I was never really upset, since the only ones I wanted from the DOTM wave 6 were Wheeljack and Soundwave, and I can get the Takara Tomy releases.

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I can't get over Wheeljack/Q being cancelled :( , but for the others I don't care

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I managed to get what I want (Soundwave and Leadfoot), but I'm upset we won't get a Mirage in some deluxe form...

I packed up the "Autobots that survive the trilogy" and just left the Wreckers. Made some space for TFP.

9. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really wanted HA soundwave. I'm a huge HA fan. I got over it. The Prime line has helped ease the pain. I was more upset about not seeing the Prime FE figures get a full release...but I'm over that too.

10. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I got over it pretty quickly, since the figures that got cancelled were either ones I was on the fence (... which made my decision easier, certainly. This included both Deluxe and HA Soundwave) or didn't care about at all (Que, Wheeljack, the rest). The only exception is the Soundblaster repaint... but I needed more info to decide on that, too.

That said, Hasbro's been handling this very poorly. I don't blame the retailers as much as Hasbro's insistence that they're handling everything perfectly.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotten over it.

I really wanted a Soundwave, but since my display space is limited and mostly dedicated to Classics, the movie toys have been moved out mostly and PRiD has taken the few extra available spots.

SW would have seen very limited shelf time and it's prolly better that I didn't get him.

12. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at all the DOTM stuff still clogging pegs everywhere, you can see why the last waves were cancelled. The molds for these toys will be used. We might see these figures sometime in the future.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm still not over the cancellation of the remaining DOTM toys, as well as the fact that we may never get toys of Dino/Mirage and screen-accurate Deluxes of Crowbar and Hatchet.

But I should be thankful... I managed to get both HA Soundwave and DOTM Deluxe Soundwave off of eBay for reasonable prices.

14. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

over it but it was complete BS!

15. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only thing I wanted was HA Soundwave. Ebay helped.

16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Just wanted a Deluxe Soundwave and bought him on eBay.

So yea, over it.

17. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'm over it because I ordered and have received all four toys. Man, they're awesome!

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Got over it pretty quickly. All I really wanted was Soundwave, but then I remembered I'd mostly just be paying for a giant MechTech weapon I'll never look at again.

19. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I got over it.

Its just toys anyway, I still have TFP.... its something...

20. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Semi over it. Don't wanna pay import prices for HA soundwave, hoping Hasbro decides to make him an sdcc exclusive, ill either order it from hts or I won't buy it at all.