Have you gotten over the cancellation of DOTM wave 6 and Movie Trilogy or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 19, 2012.

?

??

1. No, i have not gotten over the news.

17.6%
  2. Yes i got over it :)

26.2%
  3. Mixed

14.3%
  4. never cared

41.9%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    just had an random thought, have anybody here have gotten over the news of DOTM wave 6 and movie trilogy american/nationwide Cancellation or you havent gotten over?

i myself have gotten over cause i want the Soundwave deluxe toy so badly :( 

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got over it but it still was an awful decision by Hasbro.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Somewhat, but I am mad at retailers. Oh BOY am I mad at retailers.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. I already have the one figure I actually wanted that was canceled (Leadfoot). I can go without having Que and Soundwave.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Meh, there weren't many interesting figures anyways. Wheeljack and HA Soundwave kinda, but not for the ridiculous prices they're going for.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Can't stand how much power Walmart has over the toy industry. Pretty ridiculous.

Never cared much about the movie lines though. I'll bitch when Walmart decides to stop buying Generations stock.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What can I do? While I really wanted a HA Soundwave, but I can't afford the price right now to import one. That pretty much leaves me the option of "deal with it".

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The one Movie Trilogy release I wanted, we got.

If Soundwave had been better looking, I would have wanted it, too, and would have been disappointed we didn't get it. But it wasn't better looking, so they can keep it.

The rest of the announced releases, I never really had much interest in.

9. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I never cared about Que/Soundwave, and barely cared about Leadfoot. Only cared about Mirage, and even that was barely

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd already bought what I wanted before the announcement even happened.

But I still regard it as further evidence Hasbro is doing a lousy job with planning and execution of DOTM (both in marketing and toy execution). Nothing has changed there.

I'm more unhappy with the toys hasbro/Takara didn't do, or didn't do well than I am about this.

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I'm in the EU and I think I've gotten over it.

In the first place ;

I really love the engineering and sculpts of the DOTM line, but
    one of its main shortcomings for me has to be the overabundance
    of Autobot cars. Not enough vehicle variety.

I guess that's one of the reasons why I can live without DOTM
    wave 6/Trilogy.

If the Trilogy line would have included new characters/molds such
    as DOTM Aerial bots, a new Decepticon Conehead trio, a Deluxe Scrapper,
    a Deluxe Grindor/Blackout.... for those, I would have really cared about.

But 'thanks' to the DOTM movie line up itself, it has been nothing but Autobot cars cars cars and cars
    and few Decepticons.

12. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

We got at least 6 different bumblebees and at least as many primes but they didn't even give us the full cast. So lame. Hopefully we get a sub-line like hftd, right?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  13. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Over it.

They're toys. There will be plenty more in their place.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Not going to happen. Not this year, probably not next. You might have to wait for 2014.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Dark of the moon had a condition with paramount making Soundwave a secretive plot point so that pushed soundwave to an end of the year wave 6 case. They could'nt even reveal the soundwave toy until after the movie had its debut.

Legends sold stupidly well. You can't keep them on pegs, so we got to the waves featureing flak, Soundwave, Hatchet, and Guzzle faster than the deluxe line was moving along.

We sold a ton of deluxe product for christmas. But the production run had several different repacks of wave 1 and 2 figures. Rather than having Soundwave and wheeljack mixed in with an ongoing character assortment.

They heavy packed bumblebee, and this is the first time its been noticeable what that actually sacrifices in getting a greater variety of characters out there in a timely manner.

---
    Hunt for the Decepticons was the mainline in 2010. Generations and Power Core combiners were the sublines. Were getting a Generations subline later this year. Also Bot Shots, and Transformers KREO are neat.
    But otherwise Its possible that more movieish things can appear in robots in disguise packageing since legends Evac, a cyberverse soundwave recolor and a mirage recolor/cyberverse weapon retool of legends sideways is planned.

---
    personally though, I'm quite over it. Prime Soundwave and wheeljack have much more personality. Even at their height the movie line just felt like it was hammering the movie action set pieces a bit to hard into the toy line battle packs and not building its universe enough. Granted there is a subset of the movie fandom that view any character that's not onscreen as irrelevant. The enjoyable movie verse for me was the one not shown on screen. But the one in comics, novels, video games, and the back of toy packaging are what engaged my interests for it.

They have to balance their resources between my group who want to see the movie verse get more extreme and epic in its battleground while bringing back more G1 characters for fun, and still reinforce the other group that wants exclusively the robots seen on the big screen.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  16. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Saw it coming a mile off. Got over it by getting the toys on release.

17. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

Yes, but I really wanted a deluxe Ledfoot and Que, didn't much care for deluxe Soundwave but I was going to use those of his part to make a better movie Soundwave. I would also ask why can't Hasbro just could of sold them on their website?

18. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Because HTS is a mess, they're resistant to selling toys direct from their own website, and they're not going to start just for half a dozen toys or less.

19. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I'm pretty much in the same spot. That was about the only thing I wanted, and I can't afford to pay the price to import.

I'd go as far to say I don't want to pay, either; the mark up is more about availability domestically than availability in general, and there doesn't seem to be a massive desire or quality as a figure that justifies the price. Hell, many people on the board were panning the figure because of unusual design choices and a lack of paint.

Otherwise I don't care, the deluxe molds were a wash, anyway. I was really more interested in the Human Alliance class as the movie line dragged on, but most of the efforts after Jazz weren't nearly as strong.

20. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

I was more dissapointed with the cancelation of these guys than even the prime fe line. I've waited patiently 4 ha and deluxe sw ever since I realized he is an sls in the movie! SW is 1 oof my fav characters and sls my fav car so I really was looking forward to this guy!