Have YOU ever worried that paedophiles need more encouragement?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus Sledge, Feb 3, 2010.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wut.

2. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I always tell people, female emancipation is the real anti-christ. Let's put them females back to their laundry and cooking so they don't act and look like whores in their eternal battle for the utopic perfect alpha-male, poisoning small girls with their ridiculous feminist influences.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Jesus Christ, that's just gross.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I am a father of a six year old girl. And I'm sorry to inform you/him that I have the power to tell her to not wear shit that I feel is innapropriate. It's like saying I don't want to drive cause my car might catch on fire. The benefits of having childen by far outweigh the negatives.

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I'm not questioning you or your power to tell them no. I was talking in general about the situation. I have seen a lot of people out there who let their kids wear just about anything. Some people just don't care.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Oh I agree that it wouldn't have happened in the 70s. My entire point was that this has been a steady progression since the 70s, and it really shouldn't be a surprise that it's finally now hitting the little girl market. I can't remember the name, but the first wave that little kid make-up store where they pretended to be pop stars with the head-sets (this was pre-Miley Cyrus). So we can act all shocked and appalled, but we (as a society) really don't much moral high ground to stand-on because we've been letting this very thing, in one form or another, go on for decades now. Maybe this will be the straw?....I doubt it though.

I feel blaming the "fact-paced life of today" really is a cop out to lazy parenting. Though I don't have kids, I have many friends that do, and I see the differences in parenting styles. The ones that make time despite modernity tend to have better adjusted kids, while the ones that rather emerse themselves in modernity when they get home from work tend have crazy heathens.

This idea is gonna make millions of dollars. Parents and little girls are gonna eat this shit up.

Intentions really don't mean much in the end when you look at their entire cultural contributions. You can hate Miley Cyrus all you want, but I'm sure she didn't get into it for the clothing lines either. None of these kids get into entertainment (whatever the form) for the clothing lines or products, they like band/singers get into it for the fame. Ironically, it's these kids younger siblings that ride the success of their older sibling. Can't really blame, so in a way this little Cyrus girl is just a young entrepreneur.

7. Deathnoble

Deathnoble Aristocratic Assassin

I only care if Miley's gonna be donig any of the modeling.

Oh don't act disgusted with me, everybody else is thinking the same thing. :p 

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Actually, I am not in the least bit interested in Miley. She really does nothing for me.

9. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

what's wrong with just buying your 9 year old a 6-pack of hanes or fruit of the looms so they can avoid leaving streaks in the back of their pants? i mean really, is this crap necessary?

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I feel dirty just looking at pictures of her.

The kid is 9...she's a kid dammit!!!!!

one of the issues I notice in todayss North American society is that they are introducing sexualityt to kids WAAAAAAy to early.

Thanx
    transbot90210

11. smkspy

No, just that is no healthy medium to teaching kids about sexuality. It's either smack in your face, or it's completely denied as something terrible. Our society openly flaunts sexuality, while at the same time denying it's existence. Therefore the problem lies in the mixed messages that we send our children.

12. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, lots of mixed messages. Either by your decision or... you know... sectial beliefs... Sexuality is just really messed up in Western culture, and there needs to be something done.

As for being on target... yeah, Billy Ray... get your daughter under control.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    trash.. pure trash..

14. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Terrible.

Just terrible.

15. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I barely remember that I think it was back in the 80's or the early 90's. I hadn't been keeping with toy trends since after the TF ALTS came out and I hadn't been through a real toystore since 93 I think....so I barely remember what you're talking about.

I see your point there about laziness but I still have to say that when you work 12 hours a day like I did for awhile and thats not including getting up, dressed, and traveling to work, parents are more frazzled these days esp. when someone else is raising them. Life is harder now, not that thats an excuse either but its what you gotta do to bring home the bacon. But yeah I do see eye to eye with you on this one.

:lol 

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  16. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    OMGWTF!!! :puke2: 
    i am deeply disturbed by this.

17. smkspy

Try early 2000s, they were located in Dillards department stores. Little girls would have birthdays there, put tons of make-up on, and wear these headsets like they were pop singers. Hell, probably where Disney execs go the idea for Hannah Montana to begin with. My ex used to work at one, and it would freak me out going visit her back then.

I definitely, and it's a battle. But then my best friend and his GF, they work hard, but when they come home it's always every man, woman, and child for themselves. They wouldn't admit it, but it does hurt their family life and they only have themselves to blame.

I would say life is more complicated and more technical now, but it certainly isn't harder. I think that's something we tell ourselves to rational just how much technology has opened our consciousness and our everyday realities to the larger world. Not to say that isn't harder for a lot though, especially those that choose not to educate themselves.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That's... just... wrong. Very, very wrong.

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    A store in England called Woolworths got in trouble for making a line of furniture for young girls bedrooms called "Lolita".

20. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Dakota Fanning.

[​IMG]

HOW HAS THIS SLIPPED PAST THE RADAR