Have you ever quit a fandom?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Mastodon, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if any of you used to be fans of a franchise (any franchise, not just limited to TFs) and one day you decided to drop it. If so, what was the last straw? If not, was there any moment that you genuinely considered giving up?

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

pokemon started to get stupid and childish to me, so now I hate it.

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Hmm. Well the only other franchise I've been a serious fan of is Harry Potter. Overall I still consider myself a fan of that series but I found the last two books to be such downers that my overall interest in the fandom has highly decreased.

4. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I just go back and forth between Transformers and Star Wars. Right now I am much more into Transformers but most of the 90s was Star Wars. Nothing in either ticks me off I just go back and forth between which one I am most into.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm a total Zelda nerd..but the Wii and DS games have been such letdowns to me I'm temporarily cured of my madness. Until Nintendo gives us a new Zelda that's totally radical again.

Oh wait, now that I think about it..this goes for pretty much everything Nintendo. Used to be a hardcore fan, but I'm heavily disappointed with the Wii. I used to play on my old Nintendo consoles and handhelds for ages, now my Wii and DS are sitting there gathering dust, while I play the 360. Doh..

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I used to be ghey 4 Digimon back when it first started. I liked the first three series but then I just sorta grew up. (didn't help that the fourth one was dumb as shit)

I ALMOST quit TFs just after Energon. Luckily I got back into them right before Cyb started.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    When I was a kid I quit Power Rangers fandom halfway through Turbo when half the cast was swapped over (only in later years did I realise the great stuff I missed out on during "In Space").

Same goes for Digimon when series 3 started. I hated the premise of that series.

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Power Ranger, Digimon, Pokemon, but the biggest thing I dropped out of, and regretted doing was Yu-gi-oh. Sure, it was a fun game but only when you had SOMEONE TO PLAY IT WITH!! The only two people I could play were my brother and his minion. And I whupped them EVERY time.

Also, I missed out on many TFs, and I eagerly regret the decisions I made, and now my collection hurts because of it. :( 

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I left this fandom for a total of 2 years.

10. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Pokemon. 'nuff said.

Another one was Gundam. I'm starting to get back in to 00 though.

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I left this fandom in 1986 and came back in 2006.

Also, I left TMNT twice (1996 and 2007). The first time was due to the Live-action series and the 2nd time was Fast Forward.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Marvel Comics.

Joey Q ruined many of the characters to me. I stopped reading Marvel and went strictly DC around '01-'02

13. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    My very fist Fandom was Master of The Universe. I ha to choose as an adult to continue with that or TF's. Iw as so sad I coudln't get any of the new figures, but I am still a breat MOTU fan.

14. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Power Rangers. I was a HUGE fan of Mighty Morphin and In Space, but I eventually realized that they kept doing the same basic idea in a new form and got bored with it. =/

I actually quit TFs too. I blame Beast Machines. The 26 episode series was a huge let down from Beast Wars, which is what got me into the fandom in the first place. I missed most of the figures from Beast Machines and RID because of it. I only have BM Striker and RID Vortex, which have suffered either major damage or are missing parts. Armada brought me back into buying TFs.

15. Mastodon

Have you seen the Masters of the Universe classics? They are beyond awesome.

16. Mastodon

My favorite Legend of Zelda was A Link to the Past followed by Ocarina. I beat Wind Waker but didn't think it was that great. I never picked up Twilight Princess.

17. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I actrually quit after Energon ended. For a year or less. I came back when I heard about the franchise been turned into a film.
    Another fandom I left was Nintendo, twice, I got into Sega's Sonic. But now I go back and forth between them.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Used to be huge into power Rangers until it got too "kiddy" for me. Used to be a pokemon fan (main game-wise, still am. don't like the anime or spinoff games) too. Used to be heavily into bionicle until my subscription to LEGO magazine ended and I fell behind on the Bionicle comics.

19. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    You should have, great game.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've dropped in and out of a few things. RPG Maker was one fandom / community I dropped out of for ages until RPG Maker XP was officially released. And the general attitude of that particular community right now makes me wonder why I carry on with it sometimes. Though I'd keep on creating, mind, just leave the online places alone.

Other stuff was MANTA Force (Does it count as quitting if you stopped because the line ended and you figured to move on anyway?), Power Rangers, even Warhammer.