Have you ever noticed...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by The Constructicon, Feb 11, 2007.

1. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

...in Transformers: The movie when Prime shows up to aid the Autobots and he runs over several Decepticons along the way, it shows an in cab view with a steering wheel, later when he opens his chest cavity to remove the Matirx there is no interior or steering wheel?

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well... yea, duh, but where else would you have put the matrix in? of course his chest. most likely, it moves in to the back when he is in truck mode.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    in a nutshell, yes.

have you noticed your text is all purple-y?

4. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Actually I have.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you look at how the 20th anniversary edition transforms, you'll see his Matrix cavity drops down underneath the driver's compartment in vehicle mode, and that in robot mode the whole section rearranges. It just folds out of the way.

I doubt anyone ever though of that at the time, though. It's one of those things you're not meant to question.

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Good point. Its amazing how many of those types of things I "overlooked" when I was a kid. For example, the G1 Ironhide show character looks nothing like the G1 Ironhide toy...for some reason I never really questioned that as a kid and just assumed that the toy technology required to make a show accurate Ironhide didn't exist.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    see also: every single thing that's ever happened in a sci fi themed story or children's cartoon

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    In a way it kinda... didn't.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    ...in Transformers: The movie when Prime and Megs are duking it out and Prime finds some random small laser gun in a pile of debris and uses it to take Megatron down with a single shot even though he has "no known weaknesses"?

That's what I love about TFs -- whenever the writers were in a crunch, they just wrote whatever plot twist they needed to suit their needs, especially if it defied conventional logic. Not unlike how children would also be creating adventures when playing with their Transformers toys they bought because the TV shows and movie were really nothing more than extended toy commercials.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes, yes I have thank you.

Also, Voiceroy, you got Prime and Megs mixed up.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

It's funny but I also believed Ironhide and Ratchet were too complicated to be made into show accurate toys at the time. I was trying to find ways to do it in my mind but I just thought it's not possible to do it given the technology we have.

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I blame it on dyslexia. I meant to say Optimegs and Primatron.

Back then, I thought the reason those two toys looked like that were because they "borrowed" them from the GoBots toy manufacturers.

My brother and I made our own show-accurate Ratchet and Ironhide out of Legos, and they actually transformed too. They were a little clunky, but at least they didn't have freakin windshields for a head.