have you ever Moved from your House To Another House?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 17, 2010.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i want to ask you guys if you you ever moved from your house to another?, aslo fi you like moving or you hate moving?,

Well i moved alot of times and i hate it, aslo i might be moving to another hosue this year mad:

this is a random question

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes. Most people move from a house to another house, as opposed to a cave, undersea dome, or non-euclidean pocket dimension.

In short, it's a pain in the ass and it sucks. You have to figure out what you want to keep, sell or otherwise dispose of what you decide to part with, pack up the rest, move it over and pray nothing got broken, paint/decorate the new rooms how you want, then unpack, again figure out what stuff you want to keep and what stuff doesn't work, and then get used to the new place as "home".

To say nothing of the whole thing with leaving your home and everything associated with it behind to go to a new, often strange place and trying to get used to it, making it feel like home. But often, there's new opportunities, new people, and new places to explore, so its a change, not a step backwards. At the very least, its often something we have no control over, or at the very least something that is necessary, meaning we just have to deal with it.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well many people also move to an apartment, flat, bedsit, mobile home, sheltered accommodation, the streets, prison. A lot of people have never lived in a house.

yes. it is.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only part I hate about moving to a new place is packing and unpacking my collection.

When I moved from California to the DC area in 2007, I nearly went insane having to bubble wrap every damned figure I owned and then unwrapping it all when it got here.

Moving within the same city isn't nearly as bad as moving across the damned continent. When we bought a place here in DC after renting for about a year, the move was much more pleasant since I didn't have to bubblewrap everything again.

Hell, I've even moved and lived in China for six years.

But each time I did have a huge move, I kept everything in a positive aspect. I loved exploring each place that I moved to.

5. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I suppose that's true, but I figured most people already living in a house would be moving to another house, at least around where I live. There's numerous exceptions to this, I imagine, as with kids moving out on their own, elderly people "downsizing" to a condo/appartment/etc., as well as some of the less pleasant options you suggested. I just found his wording strange, I guess.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    His wording is always strange, lol. You get used to it.

There's also all the foreclosures you hear about. I suppose the unfortunate reality is many of them don't end up in another house.

7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Also true. Hear that, eagc7? Things could be a lot worse for you!

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    what you mean?

9. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Even if you end up moving, you'll still have your family, and a new house to live in, new places to explore, new people to meet.

There are many out there who have to move and aren't that lucky. There are some that have to leave their families behind, there are some that lose their houses, there are some that end up in places that aren't so nice. Having a positive outlook is important, as even though moving can be tough, there's a lot you can look forward to and be thankful for.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I moved a hell of a lot during the first half of my life, not just from house to house but from country to country. This was a result of my father's job in an international insurance firm.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Well, moving does suck, but I haven't moved since 2003.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two months ago I moved to another house. It took me nearly four days to finally get it done and it was cold in those four days.

The reason it took me four days is I moved my stuff all by myself and I have a pickup truck. I only had help to move my couch and chair. Those were the only a couple of things I could not move myself.

13. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I really, REALLY laughed at this. :D 

14. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I do what I can.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm moving up to Scotland in June. As much as I am looking forward to moving in with my fiancee, I am dreading trying to work out how to move everything up there....

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've actually enjoyed moving that past few times for the most part. They were all 'Jeffersons' moves. The worst was Ohio to Florida, for a couple reason. One, my wife was pregnant at the time, and she had all kinds of crap that needed sorted, thrown away, donated, and otherwise not taken along. To be fair, I did as well, but I did all of the sorting for both of us. Secondly, I was leaving an apartment I'd liked quite a bit to live at my parents' place briefly in Florida while we scouted other housing. Still, every other move I've done has been to a better place. I'm hoping that trend continues in a year or so.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I've never moved in my life, though at one point in time my dad had wanted to move to Iowa.

I'm hoping to move out into an apartment when I transfer to Eastern Michigan University in the next year or so, depending on how soon I complete my Internet Professional program and earn my associate's at the college I'm currently attending.

Also, I'm thinking of eventually moving out of Michigan, but that just depends on if I can find a job outside the state -- preferably somewhere warm -- and can afford to make such a move, so this may or may not happen.

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I've lived in 4 houses.
    1 was my grandma's.
    2 was a full house with a crappy landlord.
    3 was a flat that was probably the best aside from being haunted.
    4 is my current home since 2005 and is the downside to it is that the builder of the house was cheap and used HIS materials to make the home,My well hated Grandma comes here and messes it up from time to time,My phycho auntie knows where I live and my old father has keys to the house.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I only moved three times in my life, the first time being fairly screwed up. I was like 9 and in the beginning of summer break me and my brother go down to Florida to visit family down there. We come up towards the end of summer and find out we're in a new house. Yea, it was a big wtf. Worst part is since I didn't get to pack myself I ended up not having most of my toys move with me. And I had a lot of toys (mostly TMNT and G.I. Joes) as a kid seeing as one of my older brothers worked at Toys R Us.

Second time I was like 13, moving in the middle of january. It sucks moving in the middle of a school year and I most certainly didn't wanna go. But in the end it was for the best, we moved to a bigger house in a (imo) 'nicer' neighborhood. Financially it wasn't a better town, but people and location wise it was a lot nicer.

Third time was about 4-5 months ago when I moved into my own apartment for the first time. That move I was eagerly looking forward to and so far have loved my new place. But that's mainly because of all the peace and quiet I can get living on my own finally being able to have my own personal space to spread out in.

Long story short, moving sucks most of the time, but when you move to a better place it's totally worth the trouble.

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm in the middle of moving right now and it's driving us insane. we sold our place in January and are sitting on the money, but we can't find the right house. we have a place under agreement, but I just did the inspection yesterday, and there's a few more issues than we're comfortable with, since the house will drain most of our resources. we've got all of our stuff in two PODS for storage, and are living with her parents. that's not much of an issue, thankfully.