Have you ever met anyone famous?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jetcols, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Have you ever meet anyone famous? or any kind of celebrity?

I met the President of Ireland once but to the wider world shes nothing, but still! lol

2. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    I met Tyson Beckford, Mark Walhberg, Qtip and Jackie Mason all in 1996, Toni Leigh back in the day, Busta Rhymes in 1997

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I got to meet the Richard Hatch at Megacon once. I asked him if he played as Starbuck, which made me feel dumb but then he corrected me with no problem. I got to talk to him about stuff, like this project (forgot the name sorry) he's on that he was really excited for. We talked about this project and the creative thinking behind it. He acted like a kid in a candy store when he was talking about it. I wished him luck and I went on my merry way checking out other things at the 'con.

Then I played a live action game of Paranoia.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I met Dale Earnhardt at the GM Parts plant in Dravosburg, Pa in like 97. I also met Richard Petty in 93. Couple other NASCAR drivers here and there. I yelled at that survivor chick who married that other survivor Boston Rob at a concert one time. I met Former Colorado Rockies Dante Bichette and Andres Gallaraga. Hmm. Pittsburgh Penguins Ryan Malone, Sergei Gonchar and Josef Melichar. Former Steelers Dermontti Dawson and Bryan Hinkle. Some dude from Days of Our Lives. Ohh and Triple H and Mankind. We'll i didn;t actually meet them, but they wrestled right next to my seat in the crowd at a Monday Night Raw.I met The Fabulous Moula. And I met a guy that looks exactly like Hulk Hogan.

5. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Ha I touched Eddie Gurerro and Rey at a show once at the entrance way

6. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    WOW. Very Cool!

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Dave Murray from Iron Maiden.
    Dennis Muren from ILM
    Brad Bird from Pixar
    The Mythbusters - very briefly.

Two famous people I would like to meet :
    Peter Cullen
    Frank Welker

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I was five I met the dude who played Ron on the kids show Gullah Gullah Island. :thumbs2: 

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Doctor Who actors - Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker & Sylvester McCoy
    Slipknot
    The Darkness (not really that proud of this one haha)
    Tim Armstrong from Rancid
    Roger from Less Than Jake
    Ernie Hudson
    Johnny Yong Bosch
    Eddie Izzard

10. scott2781

scott2781 Well-Known Member

Rob Snyder. He's very very short.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

In 03 i was a projectionist at amc pacific place in seattle, Met Jason lee, Jamie kennedy and few others, Jason Lee was really cool.

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I met a woman named Rory Zuckerman when I was a kid and got her autograph. She used to host this sing-along/puppett show on TLC called Rory's Place (she writes childrens books as well).

Okay... so she's not famous, but that's the closest I ever got to meeting a "famous person".

At the moment, I would honestly love to meet Patricia Arquette and her TV Husband, Jake Weber.

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I met Lacey Chabert when she was doing promo work for a movie. And I also met John Cena in New Orleans while they were filming "12 Rounds." He had really bad breath, but, hey, I met John Cena.:thumb  Ashley Scott wasn't on set that day...:(  Also met a guy named Gary Grubbs. He's been in so many movies, it's crazy. He was the Bullet on the OC, he was in Deja Vu, Runaway Jury, etc. He came and gave a lecture at my school.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Probably not famous, but I met an actor by name of Patrick Gorman. He starred in the 1993 film Gettysburg, and my family happened to meet him when he was participating in the reenactment of the battle(s) at Gettysburg back when I was in middle school, roughly 7th grade or so.

I remember my mom getting him to sign his autograph on a photo of him in his role as Major General John Bell Hood, and when he saw me, he asked, "Little lady, would you like to have a picture taken with me?" I was quite surprised, to say the very least.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i met jackie chan recently at my store, as well as paul ben-victor, from "in plain sight"

i know i've met others too, but i can't think of who right now...

i'd like to meet amy adams, emily blunt and anne hathaway...in the bedroom!!! no but seriously, that'd be great...

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Mr. T at a comic book store years ago. I was an extra in the movie Next Karate Kid, so I met Hillary Swank, Pat Morita, and Michael Ironside. Ironside btw was ridiculously nice. Those are people I've actually met, shook hands, and spoke with. I've seen other celebrities but never spoke or met them.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hulk Hogan, Randy the Macho Man Savage, and The Rock used to shop at Electronics Boutique I worked at and I talked to them quite a bit. In fact, I met Hogan's whole family, which is funny because they were pretty young compare to that reality show they have. Hogan once threatened to bust the back door down to get a game he reserved, thinking that since it came out the next day that it would be in stock already. I would have snuck him one if we actually did have it.

I also met an assortment of video game bigwigs at E3's.

18. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I met Neil Halstead, the creative mind, singer and songwriter behind the 1990's band Slowdive (and also current band Mojave 3). Saw him perform solo last month and after the show he was outside the pub having a smoke by himself. Got to talk to him for a good long bit and probably gushed a little more than I should have, but he's a musical idol to me so I couldn't help myself.

I also met Mirah after one of her shows and my wife got to perform on stage with her.

And yes, I can hear the collective "Who??" :p 

19. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I met Kurt Angle at a TNA show last year. He seemed like a genuinly nice guy!

20. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Mostly bands:

Incubus
    Slipknot
    The Used
    Reel Big Fish
    Less Than Jake
    Goldfinger

A lot of metal / punk bands. Loads more but I can't remember.