Have you ever met another collector while hunting?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by autobotblaster, Oct 3, 2010.

1. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

i ask this because i ran into a collector tonight while i was searching for some new PCC figures. I had the rallybots set in my hand and the Guy came up to me with arms full of GIjoes and wrestling figures, and he says "Your probaly buying those for your kids huh? well im grabbing these for myself for some back in the day fun. im gona break the seal on these bad boys as soon as i get home". He was pretty funny and we ended up talking for a little while and it was a cool experience to bump into another collector, so i began to wonder how many times this has happened to you guys. so i ask:

Have you ever met a collector while on the hunt? Was it a good or bad experience?

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I've bumped into other TFW members while hunting, became pretty good friends with them.

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive met a couple and then seen the same person at the next 2-3 stores and we kind of chuckle bout it...no big conversationing really though..and if we do. i usually play dumb....don't want scalpers to know i really know whats going on:) 
    i only claim to know stuff if and when we get to chatting,,,ive talked to some that will be like "i don't join tfw, but i do keep an eye on it to see where stuff is" and then theyhave a cart full of joes/tformers/ and starwars....

4. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

LOL this happened to me at a toy r us at time square NYC. I found the last War for Cybertron Megatron, and he walked up to me asking if that was Megatron. I had to hold it like a baby, he had this look like he would try to snag it if i let my guard down lol. Funny thing is, i then went to my friends house and traded it along with WFC (i forget his name. He's blue but not soundwave) for an opened extra Masterpiece Megatron he had!:D 

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Possibly.

6. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man you people are freaking lucky. I barely find anyone in the toy aisles whenever I go shopping, its kinda depressing really. What do kids not get into toys anymore or something?

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No such thing as any other blue WFC figure - you're probably thinking of Darkmount.

I met an apparent collector once, many years back. I was hunting around a Walmart late one night, getting my TF fix with some exclusives. I think this was the time I bought Universe Ruination, maybe Sunstorm. The guy, a bit of the neckbeard type in a tan shirt, noticed I was looking at the Transformers and asked if I'd seen an Energon Megatron. I directed him to the next aisle, because they were too big to fit in the existing TF space, and went on my way.

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I have, but sadly, they've all been pretty creepy.

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I sure haven't. Kinda lonely in my part of Utah. Though I know there are a few because of the sightings board, but still...

Though I'd probably be my introverted self and avoid eye contact anyway.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rarely, but kinda nice when I do. Met a Star Wars collector a few weeks ago.

11. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Yea it was Darkmount, i always confuse the generations with wfc the packaging is very similar.

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    No. The WFC toys are part of the Generations line. Hence why they have the same packaging.