Have you ever Locked yourself outside of your House?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 20, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yes!, IT HAPPENED TODAY!. Just me and family got locked out of our hosue today that we had to ask my Uncle to Open the Door But he Instead Broke a Window of the door becasue ti was impossible to open the door

Did it ever happened to you?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Yeah, I forgot to put a key out today, and had to sit outside for about 30 minutes, waiting for my dad to get home from work.

3. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I've always had a key hidden to avoid such a situation.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Yes. It freaking sucks, don't it? Last November, my mom went to the ER to visit a relative. This left me alone with my dog and brother. My brother was sleeping for work and when I say he sleeps like a rock, I mean it. Anyways, my dog had to go outside to do her business. After hearing her go nuts at something she was barking at, I went outside to see what her problem was. Unknowingly, the back door was set to lock and I foolishly shut it all the way. I banged on the door, hoping my brother would wake up and answer. He didn't. I frantically pounded some more. Still no answer. Then I sat on the back porch for about a half an hour with my dog, waiting. After getting impatient, I went to my next door neighbor's (we live in a duplex) and asked if I could use his phone while he keeps my dog company. Finally, after about an hour of hassle, my mom swung by to open the door and go back to the hospital. I felt like such a dumbass the whole time.

Whoofta. Sorry about the long story but yeah, that was one of the most idiotic moments of my life lol.

5. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I stepped outside to get the mail one day and my 14 year old sister locked the glass door. I was in a pyjamas and no matter what I said to her she just smiled and said bye bye. The window was opened (thank goodness) so I took the screen off and climbed into the house. Yes I do have sister too and rich_prime (older brother)

6. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    parents locked house keys inside house when i was 7-8, dad had to pop the window open & pull the screen out of the frame outside of the dining room & i had to climb through & unlock the front door for them.

then one day last year i locked myself out when i accidentally locked & closed the front door all the way, thank god i left the backdoor unlocked. since then i stashed a spare key outside just incase.

7. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Last year, in early January, in the freezing cold at 8:30 at night. My friends dropped me off and nobody was home, my parents were still out and wouldn't be back 'till 10:00. I forgot my key inside, had no other choice but go around to the back of my house and open up one of the basement windows. Didn't break when I pushed it open, but it shattered into pieces when it hit the floor.

So now I'm in the basement, pitch black as fuck, trying to make my way through (The staircase was on the other side of the house) knocking shit over, tripping and nearly falling flat on my face several times. I finally found the light switch and turned it on, and I wish I didn't because I knocked over a box of Christmas decorations we had just put away a few nights before and quite a few of them broke. I spent atleast 45 minutes cleaning all the broken ornaments and what was left of the glass window. I stacked a bunch of cinderblocks infront of the window outside and inside I taped a few layers of cardboard over the window and then taped a few layers of newspaper over it. Hey, it worked :lol 

My parents weren't mad at me, and I offered to contribute to a new window for the basement. On one other occasion I accidentally broke my key off inside the lock :lol  but I only had to wait a few minutes because my parents were on their way home.

8. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I only lock the deadbolt. That way I can't lock myself out. It does, however, make it so I don't regularly check to make sure that I have my keys on me when I leave.

About a year and a half ago my apartment flooded and I had to move out for a few weeks. The maintenance guys locked the knob lock and I locked myself out the day I moved back in which was a Sunday night. Had to climb up the balcony to my third floor back door which sucked because I am fat and not a climber. The sliding door was unlocked because...

Apparently if you lock the sliding door while it's open and then close it, it stays locked. It's pretty easy to accidently do it and I've locked myself on the back porch a twice. That was when I was living somewhere you couldn't climb to the balcony so I just got the joy of sitting on the back porch for a few hours until my roommate got home.

9. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Way back in my single digit years, I came home from school to find the door was locked. For whatever reason, I thought my family was dead and began crying. Oddly enough, the neighborhood bully chose that as an opportine time to come taunt, and threaten to kill me; needless to say he conveniently left as soon as my Dad showed up. Definately NOT the proudest moment of my life.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I have. I just hopped the fence, took the window screen off, opened the window and crawled in.

I used to never carry a key, and when my dad was last to leave the house, he locked that shit up good.

Mom didn't ...

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup, I do it all the time, but I can 1. pick some locks. 2. Break into most windows. My friends used to lock windows around their house and challenge me to get in. :lol . I would 90% of the time get in. I left damage 5% of the time. I'm classy like that. Just need the right tools, flat head screwdriver is my best friend, plus knowing where to hit a screen in the right spot to pop it out without damaging it.

My neighbors have come to me in the past to help them when they get locked out. They probably see me climbing through the windows all the time.

12. Deemar

Deemar Banned

I absolutely refuse to close the door behind me until I pull my key out of my pocket and physically look at it so I know I have it. I've been doing that multiple times a day for 15 years or more. However I did get worried I would one day break the key off in the lock so I put one of those steel hide-a-keys on the door frame and it requires a code to open it so I can always use it to get in the back door.

One day my roommate was out walking the dog and I had no idea if she had a key but I had to go, I couldn't wait 5-10 minutes for her to get back. So I locked the front door and left the back door open, I figured she'd be smart enough to check it. I got home an hour later and she was sitting on the curb all pissed off. When I told her the back door was open the whole time, she was even more pissed off.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I didn't exactly lock myself out, but a little over a year ago there was a break in at my house. The next day, I had the locks changed. The day after that, I tried to open the front door and the deadbolt had jammed. We drilled out the lock and still couldn't get the door open. the bolt itself was what was jammed. I had to open the garage door the next night (didn't have it with me when we drilled) and take the door off to remove the bolt. I was replacing the door anyway so we just put the new one on and changed the locks again. Haven't had a problem since.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    One time while we were gone, one of our cats wanted out and jingled one of the flip-locks over. My dad kicked the door in. :D 

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Back when I was a kid, I used to get locked out all the time, my mother locks everything. I'd go out to get the mail then come back to the door find my mother had locked it and driven off somewhere. The mailbox is 10feet from the door. Also she took the extra key we hid, because she lost her own keys .....again. So I learned to break into my own house. To this day I won't leave the house without having the keys. .....and sadly my smart phone......I swear I'm addicted to it.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've locked myself out of my apartment at least thrice before. Fortunately, the superintendent is a very friendly and infinitely patient lady who is always willing to lend me her spare key.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never. I keep my keys on my person at all times, even when I'm inside my apartment.

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I took a really long crap today, did this ever happen to YOU?

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when I was 5 or 6 I did. My dad was like, "no no no don't!". Luckily it was Summer so we had the kitchen window open. I was small enough to crawl through it and unlock the door.

20. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never locked myself outside, but my sister has on occassion. There's a spare key behind the house, and whenever my sister leaves she'd often lock the door with it and take it with her instead of putting it back. So when I come home from school and find the key's missing, obviously I have to wait until dear little sister comes back so I can kick her arse.