Have you ever given a person a tf that can't transform it?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwave47, Jul 7, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

People who cant transform Transformers tend to break them. While transforming Leader Megatron, it feels like we're breaking him. Therefore, he automatically becomes the easiest Transformer for the mechanically declined amongst us. You could be like, "Here, break this", and they'd prolly transform it no problem. I wouldn't try that line with Fort Max or Overlord, though....

~Z

2. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swear that handing a TF to a person who didn't grow up playing with them, is little different than handing them a rubik's cube. So much frustration and shame...some of my friends won't touch them any more out of sheer embarassment.

Admittedly, there are so many common design elements among most transformations, that a "new" toy is pretty unlikely to be novel enough to be any challenge. Still, some of the more bizarre ALTs made me feel like a newbie the first time through as well :p 

3. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

I think for almost every single one of my alternators I had to look at the instructions first. Actually, after I had to do that with my first two, I probaly just looked at the instructions for the rest of them first, figuring they were all just as difficult. I probably could have figured out Hound and Windcharger. Grimlock is a freakin' pain in the ass to TF to robot or alt mode. Anybody else ever have a frustrating time getting Smokescreen's (or any of his repaints) back in to alt-mode?

The movie bots I figured out without any instructions. Ironhide is still the most complicated of the ones I own, and can be a pain to TF back into a truck.

I brought movie Starscreamn, BB, Barricade, Jazz, Robo-Vision Optimus, Ironhide, and Bonecrusher to a party a few weeks ago. Pretty much everybody would get them halfway, give up, and give it back to me to finish the bot transformation. One or two people figured out Bumblebee (I made sure that they pushed the button!!), but he is the easiest.

7-year-olds with TF experience are much better than a 20-something with little to no TF experience. A lot of the time they simply haven't done it in 10-15 years, and don't really remember. Unless you're a TF fan, you most likely haven't been buying and transforming them through your teens, twenties, thirties and so on.

That's why I love TF fans vs. Star Wars fans. SW fans don't take any of their toys out of the package! What's the point then?? It's boring!

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    When i gave Brad,Cybertron Scattorshot I showed him before i transformerd it,anyways,I should of see how he does without instructions,he's good at transforming without Instructions.:p 

5. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have successfuly transformed every one of my TFs.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    A couple of my buddys who were into G1 when they were kids have tried to tf some of my Alternators...they get frustrated because they're so complex, so it's up to me to get it back to one mode of the other from the mangled, half-transformed mess they get them in.

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    My brother had a hard time transforming TFTM Ironhide. He can't transform it back at all

8. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

This topic is so relevant and funny. Recently I got bitten by the toy bug after digging out all of my old TFs and decided to pick up all of the movie figs and a few of the classics. Needless to say, my sister's boyfriend, being a younger lad, got interested, and still shows no ability to transform these buggers, even with instructions! I tend to think it is due to the horrible drawings in the newer instructions, and also the fact that many of these "guides" fail to indicate all the steps or facts, like how Ironhide's pelvis is at a horrible angle when he is finished, or how Brawl's tank treads on his legs actually pivot backwards. Also, I would guess that most outsiders rarely make it to the end because so many of us enthusiasts and collectors halt their progress when we start to hear pops and cracks from the plastic!