Have you ever encountered a glitch?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Buster_Witwicky, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

So I was playing Transformers RoTF maybe a week ago.
    I was playing TDM and there was a blip on my radar, but I couldn't see anyone. So I looked around and... somebody was outside of the barrier. I thought it was weird that they made the outside a solid object!

He was just walking around and then he flew up to the top and started walking on air. I wish I recorded it, but my camera was dead. Really wish I knew how this was done too.

There's also the first DS game, which is glitchy as video game hell. I beat Megatron by transforming to vehicle mode right when you start playing as Optimus Prime. Megatron stays in plane mode... on the floor.

So have any of you seen glitches in a TF game, multiplayer or otherwise?

2. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

I know how to get out.Useing skywarp, fly up as high as you can, tehn telaport, you should be out of the map. I also know how to get out of almoost all the maps in war for cyybertron.

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC has a lot of odd glitches like being able to get out of the maps. And one time during escalation in Broken Hope I got stuck in a wall.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

On the DOTM game:

- On Soundwave's mission, transformed in the middle of that bizarre red corridor and I ended up [somehow] ABOVE the freaking map.
    That was...creepy.
    I tried to jump from one map to another, but I fell into the infinite darkness [and I mean "infinite" I spent four minutes falling before I got bored and decided to re-start].

- On Starscream's boss fight, he ended up freezing mid-way through and I was free to shoot him until he died.

- There was also a moment in SS's mission where I clashed against Stratosphere and SS just lost the ability to change directions, and headed to the infinite void of SPAAACE.

- On Megatron's mission I think, the floor disappeared end I started to walk the nothing.

On WFC:

- On Silverbolt/Air Raid/Jetfire's mission, the background just disappeared and was replaced by a bright white light, when I came closer to said white bright lights, they started showing a rainbow colored deformed silhoutte of my character.
    Weirdest. Glitch. Ever.

- Similarly, the above glitch showed up again on the "Invading Iacon" mission of Megatron, Breakdown and Soundwave: A giant cillinder in the game started to show those deformed rainbow silhouttes.

- On the same mission, there was a time when most of the background buildings became twisted and deformed [sometimes clashing with my pathway].

- Also on the same mission, there was a time when the background started showing giant reflexes of the main characters.

- I was playing with Brawl on Megatron's mission, when I transformed and the ground disappeared, making me fall into the space. It was cool as hell to fire into the blank of space and use an A-Team esque tatic to draw myself closer and closer to the stars in the horizon [also nice to have a full-view of SS's space station].
    I died without ever reaching them, but it was awesome nonethless.

- I was once locked on alt-mode on some random mission I don't remember, I was so badass I managed to finish the mission IN my alt-mode.

- On the Kaon Mission, everybordy's color palettes disappeared. Luckly, they returned later.

And many others.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    WFC on the PS3, doing multiplayer campaign I've fallen through the floor many times into space or the core of Cybertron, just falling forever, watching the world I was in shrink away until suddenly I'm teleported and in the battle at a later savepoint with the other players.

6. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About the only major thing I've encountered is my Scout-class AI teammates in campaign (Bumblebee, Sideswipe, etc) using the Leader-class Rockets in alt-mode instead of their own machine guns.

7. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Awesome man, I'm definitely trying that. Care to share any WFC tricks?

That sounds crazy, what did it look like? Was there still detail?

There should be an all vehicle run of WFC.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my favorite glitch is on escalation in WFC, its the map that is like a space station, you can get out of the map and fly around, the outside of the map if you go far enough out turns into a beautiful space map, with an GLORIOUS view of cybertron

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    In WFC I got out of the map in Seed of Corruption. Also, a teammate of mine drove over me when I was scout and he was soldier, and we both got crushed and somehow thrown out of the map THROUGH the floor.

10. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

In WFC Escalation in Remnant, I got out of the map and into space. One of teammates also managed to do it too, and we both flied around the space station for a few minutes. I found that the colors changed instantly when I moved from one area to another, going from dark colors to bright colors in space. Then, I saw Cybertron and decided to fly at it and see what happened. My teammate followed me and we both flied in a straight line for about 10 minutes until we reached Cybertron. It was just like painted there, in fact it was like a huge wall that you could go through. One second it was there right in front of you, and the next you were on the other side looking at space and the space station that was behind. From the front, you could see it was Cybertron, but from the back it was an invisible wall. It was the best glitch ever!

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

They were pretty much black "shiny metallic" versions of the actual guys.

12. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one I see the most for WFC and DOTM is transforming to vehicle mode and your gun's still there floating above it.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    WFC is one of the glitchiest games I've ever played.

14. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    The only ''glitch'' was in DOTM.....It took like ten minutes to kill one of those little Decepticon baby things.....AND I had PERFECT AIM(At least thats what I tell myself)but that's not a true ''Glitch''

15. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

In Berth, if you fly directly to the left of the auto bot spawning platform, and to a smaller platform ajacent to it, you can transform and be instantly out of the map.

In Seed, fly to the side with the train docking station, go to the left and fly into the crevace as silver bolt, seeker, or airade, when you go in as far as you can go, barrelroll to the right, you will then be inside the train station. If you can't figure out how to get out once you're there, then you need help.

In Streets, If you fly to the opposite end of the map from the decepticon spawning point, you will find an odd looking structure that looks somthing like a door. Flying into the places where it's two vertical segments meet will eventually get you out of the map.

16. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

In Orbital debris, I started as an Autobot leader and headed from the spawn point towards node "B" and transformed to vehicle after passing that "alter" looking thing. I got stuck in the floor. I got out of the floor by transforming back to robot but my character moved like POKE was active and spawned a neverending supply of mines. It couldn't transform or use the guns or melee anymore but I did fill the whole map with mines.

Some d00d accused me of being a hacker but I didn't care cause the glitch was too awesome. After the match was over, all my classes leveled up even though I only used the Leader. Strange is hardly the word to describe it.

17. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Oh sure, definately seen glitches. Here is an old one for ya now, maybe you don't know it! I was a beta tester for one of the TFQuake II versions. Did I find some bugs there? I can't remember them in any sort of extreme detail but...

- Sideswipe was wood colored (including grains) in vehicle mode while running in Glide.
    - There was some collision detection issues where in vehicle mode you'd be floating a pixel above the ground, which also meant it was impossible to be absolutely still.
    - Also while in vehicle mode, you could reach near infinite speed while driving in a straight line, which would result in leaving the map. While in the map at this insane speed, driving over a Health Pack would result in it exploding and you dying.

18. TFwheeljack223

TFwheeljack223 Member Of Overwatch

News Credits:
    in dotm my sideswipes head spins and flips on his body
    wfc my melee weapon in keon prison break stays out and i can't shoot.
    and in dotm strangly i was playing as warpath one megatrons level, which was fun but ticked me off. has anyone ever experianced that