Have you ever "completed" your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaiwera05, Dec 1, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Nah it's hardly possible due to lucky draws and the like and I always manage to miss some obscure giftset out. or some hard to find item from the end of the line.

Like Energon Quickstrike or Universe Ratchet

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    close to having all of the movie cyberverse that not a repaint.

3. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will probably be imposible for me to complete mine as I generally just buy whatever looks nice and sell what I no longer deem collection worthy. Probably the only way for me to complete a collection is if Hasbro and Takara said no more Transformers and there were no more chance for new figures.

4. transformer8448

transformer8448 The Analyst

As a late starter, it will be a long long time before I am finished. That too when I am just focusing on Movie lines, Classics and Generations.

5. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Actually, for the time being atleast, My TF collection is officially complete. I own every G1 that was on my "To Get" list (including all the expensive ones), every Pre-G1, eHobby G1, BW, Classics-verse & MP/Alt/Binaltech/Alternity. I shudder to think about how much all of that cost me :lol  but for the time being atleast, I'm one pretty content TF Collector. :) 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just completed my G1 collection this year (relatively speaking). Pretty much any other line besides current lines that are on-going and still producing things, I have what I want. My Alt/BT collection will not be complete until I make the customs on my list to make (which will be a LONG time at my current rate).

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Domestic release Classics are complete, except that I've recently been rethinking Lugnut and Hot Shot. G1 Robot Heroes will be as soon as I get Ricochet/Predaking and someday find one of those cancelled Prowl/Laserbeak sets. As soon as the Takara EZ Collection V2 hits, I'll be caught up on Legends.

That said, as long as there are con exclusives and imports, none will be complete unless the line is totally dead and they are unable to do new repaints.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Have you ever "completed" your collection?

Not as long as I live.

9. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've completed my collection of alternators....I have all 27. But I haven't completed my collection of transformers.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Haha, I did say "as close as I'll ever be". There'll always be something new to buy :p 

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I can't really claim I have a complete RID Collection as I'm sure i'm missing a few of the obscure spay changer repaints a couple of the Jusco ones and i'm never likely to have a Gold trim or black Fire convoy or those other rare ones.

If I say I've got a complete set but I don't have them Then I don't really have a complete set.

It's pretty easy to say you have complete show cast figures though.

I can't say I have all the Beast Wars Neo toys as I'm missing few PVC's and I don't have a black Magmatron or a blue Big Convoy.

12. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

I still need to complete cybertron er not complete but there are a good numbers of toys I want from that line like optimus prime and crosswise and crumplzone. Unfortunetly I still need a lot of figures from classics and universe and you guys know how that is.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only series I want to complete is BW Neo, and I am missing lots of Kabaya :( 

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I've got a complete RID show cast, but working on the others - I still need the dark clear plastic Hot Shot, Cryotek, Air Attack Primal and Brave Max. What Spychangers do you still need?

15. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I've "completed" my collection -- all it takes is to declare a "subset" to delimit what you have.

Something like: "All G1 Decepticon combiners released by Hasbro" or "G1 Decepticon Bases released by Hasbro".

Currently working on "G1 Decepticon Micromaster Bases released by Hasbro"....

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Collection as a whole no never had. Finished one part of it for a short time yes. For example right now my HA collection the big ones not the basics is complete until Soundwave sees release so in other words not for long.

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Well. I wanted to buy only WFC Prime and nothing more. Now I need to think about clearing one shelf and lowering everything about one shelf so I can place them on a second shelf so it does not look so crowded. I want them all be clearly visible and no one standing in front of another.
    I just hope I won't need an own cabinet just for the Transformers one day, I don't have space for that ;) 

18. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have the full Armada cast. That's about it.

19. luclin999

luclin999 Well-Known Member

Technically I am "done" with G1, however I am only interested in collecting the various American released combiners along with Soundwave and his cassettes so my collection while "complete" to me is however not even close to the full product line.

That being said, all nine gestalts plus Soundwave surrounded by his cassette army do look pretty damn cool on my shelves.

20. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I "completed" my TFA collection many times. First I need all Deluxe/Voyager molds. When I finish, why not have the redecos? And... why not have the store exclusives? And Leader figures? And some of those that are only released in Japan? And Activators? And Legends...

It never ends