Have you ever "completed" your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaiwera05, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Exactly what the title says. When I started collecting, I only wanted to get all the WFC toys they had released and when I got all of them I actually felt like I had completed my collection. Then I bought more toys and now my collection will never be complete :p 

What about all of you people?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Complete = you are not a collector anymore, imo. The whole point of collector is that we are collect"ING". Not collected. When it's finished, if ever, it will only be a past time.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Geez where does it end.

I have finished parts of my collection but as long as Hasbro keeps putting out outstanding series like Prime I am not done.

Then there is 2014 to worry about and what TT has planned for the future of MPs and Encore. Does it ever really end?

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This is the hobby that doesn't end. Yes it goes on & on my friends. Some people, started collecting it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue buying shit forever just because this is the hobby that doesn't end...

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I will be nabbing TFA Jetfire/Jetstorm soon, which will effectively 'complete' my Transformers Animated collection, as far as I'm concerned.

Unless new toys come out :lol 

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Only when I get the full cast from G1 Seasons 1 through 3 in "Classics" form.

Until then, no.

7. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only been collecting for a year, so I'm far from complete.
    Started out with Classics and now I'm branching out to G1.
    Don't really think it ever stops, 'cause they'll keep bringing out new toys.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you can be complete with a line or whatever, but as long as the tf franchise is kicking (and the movies say it will be around for a long time :lol ) then there will always be new things to get.

alternators is the only line I've completed, and it felt pretty good to finally finish them this year since they got me back into tf's in 2005. I'm almost up to date with classics as well, but there's a few gaps I'm missing there.

but yeah as long as you're still enjoying TF toys then you will still be collecting, lol. that new plastic hotness is always just around the corner.

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Nope. There are several figures from different lines that I still have to get such as: Universe Hot Shot, G1 Hot Spot with Defensor parts, Movie Deluxe Brawl, Beast Wars TM2 Dinobot, HFTD Breacher, Galaxy Convoy, etc.

10. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

I'm close to completing my "released" classics collection with just about three figures left to obtain. However, there is so much goodness coming out with 3rd party stuff I'm a long way from complete. Also, lots of g1 stuff to get. I'm glad I'm going full on crazy when Prime comes out. More money for other areas.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I don't think it ever ends. Really, it is the most addictive thing ever. Just when you think your done is when your the most screwed.

For instance.
    - I finally got all of the classics figures I wanted.
    - I got all the alternators I wanted.
    - I got all the MPs I wanted. So I didn't buy anything for like a month.
    - Then I was like, you know what, I should get duplicated of what is the stores now. Boom, did that.
    - Sat around for 2 weeks. Was bored and started reading the comics. All the sudden I decided, screw it, I am going to start a comic classics collection. Bought another 10 figures or so. Thought I was done but needed to get Nemisis Prime.
    - Went to NJCC to get Nemisis Prime. Saw G1 Grimlock and G1 Omega Supreme and fell in love.
    - Bought full set of Dinobots
    - Bought Omega Supreme
    - Stumbled upon a pic of Prime Megatron. Researched the line. Fell in love.
    - Bought first 3 Deluxes
    - Started looking at my classics and said, well, some of these G1 things aren't that bad with classics. Bought G1 Megatron (for gun mode), Skylynx, Metroplex and Predaking.
    - I am currently eyeing the Crazy Devy Predaking parts.
    - Waiting for entertainment pack and voyagers for prime
    - Waiting on iGear stuff
    - Waiting for Hercules to complete
    - Waiting for the Giant to complete
    - Then I will be done, honest, honest I will be done.

Moral of the story, it doesn't end.

12. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ha! Now I'll have this stuck in me noggin all day long.

13. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    My greed has no end.
    That said I'm more interested in some retrospective figures than forward looking ones and am slowing down in my race to have them all.

14. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I was close to finishing the G1 figures I wanted (mostly KOs) then I decided to throw caution to the wind and got Overlord and Star Saber this year. Not only that but I decided to start collecting Braves which has been great fun but way too expensive.

Despite not collecting animated I found myself getting more than a couple this year. And I thought I wasn't collecting movie figures but I had to be honest with myself and admit it. Now I've bought almost the whole DOTM line.

As it stands I'm casually collecting Unicron trilogy/RID/Animated and I'm almost done with my G1/movie figures. But I still want more Braves and classics and have already started buying TFP figures.

15. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I think you can "complete" lines or subgroups, but it's nearly impossible to complete a collection.

I just completed my PCC collection in so much that I have every figure offered in the line. Somehow that doesn't stop me from buying multiples.

16. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I saw what you did there...LOL

17. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat. But I also have three G1 Japanese Juniors to go as well.

18. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You both lie, it will not end I tell you.

19. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    will say the same to anyone thats says to me will you ever complete your vinyl collection! no never lol anyway pretty much new to being a tf collector so got a long way to getting a half decent collection going

20. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Well, my TFA line is complete (Except for Voyager Thundercracker, still hoping through some outlet, even CHMS KO) But as far as Im concerned right now, it is done. And Im happy with it. However, if TFCC or CHMS KO or Hasbro makes some more, I will happily add to the collection.

I think just because you have a complete collection doesn't make you any less a collector, I think it just means you have accomplished something. But you are always looking and seeing what is on the horizon to see if anything piques your interest.

My Classics is complete as far as released figures go, waiting for the 2012 announcements.

MP and Alternity are both up to date as is Prime.

I guess if no more transformers were to be made after today (the horror!) I would consider my collection 'Complete' Doesnt mean I don't wish for more or certain figures were made.

I suppose I could hunt down United Megatron if I really wanted to, but Im on the fence about him and couldnt care if he was in or out of my collection.