Have you ever bought something that someone else was obviously hiding?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by NGW, Jan 26, 2012.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    As a retail employee, I'm already a bit iffy with people stashing things away to come back for another time (moreso if that other time is not in the same day, as it just makes more work for me when I go through and zone or do go-backs). I'm also rather...not fond of the hot wheel collectors that frequent the Target I work at, they're pretty much all the stereotypes, and one even caused troubles because they thought an employee was grabbing all the rare cars for themselves before they touched the pegs on the floor (which was just not the case).

So when I was zoning toys last night and happened upon a treasure hunt that was stuck on a peg behind a ton of matchbox cars...well the devil inside me got the better of myself and I ended up picking it up on my break.

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think thats awesome :) , i have found stuff i was looking for that other people had hid obviously....i wanted it and bought it :) 

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, i just hide it somewhere else. Most times ill stick behind some barbies.

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Bought the only Clone Wars Boba Fett that I found behind two dozen miniature propane tanks in the camping section of Walmart. Only one I ever found, luckily for me. Not so luckily for whoever hid it, I suppose :lol 

5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Next time just damage the packaging..... Nah, thats just mean, nvm.

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know where people stash things but I did find an DCUC Azrael Batman stashed behind some Dora toys. It was just by sheer accident, too as I was only looking for something to get for one of my friend's daughter's birthday. Instead, I found something for myself too! Haha!

I've never seen a Hot Wheels collector, or know what cars are desirable. I would really like to see a collector in "action" in one of my stores just for curiousity. :D 

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

If they wanted it bad enough, they should have hid it better ;) 

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've found stuff & put it back on the peg where it should go.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Funny thing about that, the other night we ended up emptying out one of the drawers on a display cabinet that was full of things that no one ever came back for.

And the only 2 hot wheels I've ever bought to just own (as this one I got with the intent of selling) were the Ecto-1 and the Delorean cars that were hidden in one just like it. Only time I ever saw them in the store too.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never understood why people hide toys for themselves. I mean why would you be in the store if you have no intention of buying anything? Why go to Wal-Mart if you don't have $8 to buy the Star Wars toy? It seems silly and kind of sad.

11. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I think the last hidden toy I got was the Power Rangers Samurai Octo Zord, hidden in the rafters above the Sonic toys in TRU. I also got a NECA Ezio Auditore, which clearly had the best paint apps on the floor, but was hidden under a pile of Little Big Planet things.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i buy any treasure hunt car i come across because of crazy hotwheel collectors, even have a super treasure hunt car! :lol 

pays to get to open the case at the Dollar general i work at, i take whatever car i want :lol 

13. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah!

Ever bought hidden stuff? Yes I have and it felt good. Ever relocated hidden stuff? Yes I have and it felt better!

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have . found a Warpath someone had stashed behind a stackof diapers inthe baby section, i was there with a friend who has a newborn son andhe was buying diapers and i noticed one package was oddly placed and i went to put it they way its supposed to be and felt something behind it and there was Warpath. Its possible it was just dumped there as the baby sectionis along way from the toy aisles.

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does this only happen with toys? Interesting thread.

16. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hide things in those store sections that barely much go into, and it always ends up working.
    I usually just find cars hidden. I just leave them back where they were.

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I found a MU Apocalypse partially hidden behind a couple of jars of some cajun crap. I guess it sold better than they expected. :lol 

18. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

You know what, if some jackass can not afford a sub 20USD toy and has to hide it, they do not need to purchase it. Jack that shit with no remorse.

19. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I love your sig, Hulk.

Anywho, yes, this happened a lot when I lived in Houston. The rare TF's were always...somewhere else, aside from the rest of the pack. 2008 Deluxe BB was found behind a buncha Bionicles. I was like 'wut'.

I've...hid some toys as well in the interest of securing funds to buy them with later in the day or the next day. But I don't do that anymore. It's stupid, and I live in a place where toys are plentiful everywhere.

20. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate Hot Wheel collectors. In my time working at TRU, they were all the same, and basically make every collector look bad.

There is no reason to stash a treasure hunt, how much is a Hot Wheel car?

Generally if I see something stashed that I am not interested in, I put it right out in front where it belongs for all to see.