Have you accepted the movie continuity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Recall, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    This isn't G1. Character's looks and overall characteristics are different.

Yet I keep reading really strange posts that like if Unicron/Shockwave are in the new movie they must act a certain way or be like how they were in G1. Why is this? I thought a new universe, meant new things?

Have you accepted these changes yet or are you still clinging to the past?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i always haev accept movie-verse Since they are what introduced to me to TF

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I embrace all changes to the Transformers Franchise. After all, Transformers "change" all the time.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm looking forward to burying the movie continuity once things die down from the third film. Just hasn't been a continuity that appeals to me very much so I can't think of anything that I'd really miss from it.

I don't think it's so much clinging to the past as it is if you are going to change something then you need to make it something better. Sort of like how Animated Blitzwing wasn't G1 Blitzwing but he was such a fun character how could I say no to the change?

If change makes a character less appealing then I'll stick with the past. So Devastator that can be taken down by the humans is not cool, I'll stick with the one that could fight Dinobots.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I accepted it immediately and have no problem with new interpretations of characters.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Are you genuinely curious or are you out to start a flame war?

7. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Yes, for me it is up there with G1.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I am simply curious.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I've never been happier Mr. Bay had the balls to change G1 forever. I don't want to bash G1 in any way, I just prefer Bay's touch. (with the exception of Devs balls.)

Since 2007 up until now the movie designs keep me wanting more, it's just too bad some humor seems to be inevitable in the films.

Although I have to say that some characteristics from G1 which are still mostly part of say, Prime or Starscream, are quite nice homage. . . I Accept.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the 90's and beyond. What made Transformers a lasting franchise is the hard work of Hasbro and Takara-Tomy to refresh it. The past will be fond memories, change is a constant.

Consider it lucky compared to other franchises like Robotech and Voltron. Both never got anywhere and does not have the same lasting power.

11. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

If theres one think i've learned from the Bayverse fans is that this isn't G1. Drawing a comparison between the two whether for love or hate, usually starts something within our community.

Personally I can't wait to get it out of the way and see something better in theaters, kinda like what Ash said up there.^^^

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    One cannot accuse me of clinging to the past. For instance, Animated brought a lot of changes to the table that I happily accepted simply because they were great. I cannot say the same for the Movie-verse. I find hardly any appeal in the changes they've introduced, if at all.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I have, but I noticed I'm really open minded about new things and old things changed, yet really anal when it comes to other things.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This kind of thing perplexes me no end - people will quite happily accept new cartoon continuities but for some reason there's this bizarre notion among many that the movie-verse must slavishly follow G1, eg. Corey Burton must voice Shockwave, the Dinobots have to show up somewhere, Sideswipe must be red.

15. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

of course, after BW/BM ended, none of the other lines (RID, E/A/C, etc) made me buy any toy, but with movieverse, even before I saw the first movie, I had more that one figure in hand... and I loved them :p 
    why everything must be G1? because people wants nostalgia factor, yet... for the ones who have no relationship of their childhood with G1... instead, with BW or BM or RID (E/A/C are too new xD), have almost no nods in any media, leave movieverse alone! xD

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think the difference is/was that people were expecting the movie to be an adaption/translation of the original cartoon, just like a book or comic book adaption, while in fact Bayformers is pretty much a seperate entry, just like all the other not-G1 Transformers cartoons.

Still, that hasn't stopped people from still 'not getting it' after two movies.

And funny enough, in some of ways, Bayformers is actually closer to G1 than most of the other seperate continuities - although there are also alot of differences, yes.

17. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I accept anything new, so no complaints from me at all.

18. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure about that. You liked that "leaked transformers 3 script", whose everyone with an opinion I trust says it's GEEWUN wankery.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Wait, what?

20. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Aw come on, you know, *that* script, where everyone goes back to 1984/5 and change their alt-modes to GEEWUN.

Don't play dumb, I know you're smarter than that.