Have these films made Sixshot obsolete?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 28, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Sixshot: a Decepticon ninja who has the ability to take on SEVEN alternate modes: a robot, a tank, a spaceship, a gun, an off-road vehicle, and a winged wolf. Sixshot - Transformers Wiki

Now with Bayformers being able to scan and take on any mode that matches their size (Frenzy, Laserbeak) it seems Sixshot might end up redundant. Shame, because a Decepticon ninja would be really awesome to see in the movieverse.

2. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Laserbeak filled his role.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Half of Sixshot's modes you had to take his word for, anyway. What are you now? A futuristic tank? Uh, okay I guess. And now you're an offroad vehicle? You sure this one isn't the tank? Ooooh, a winged wolf. Yeah, I can kind of see this one.

Sixshot's modes were kind of like looking at constellations. He tells you what it's supposed to be, then you try to see it.

I joke, though. I still like that toy. But yeah, not much point to him in the movies.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Frenzy had to lose the entire lower half of his body to turn into a cellphone, and Laserbeak is supposedly a master ninja spy [who can only turn in one alt-mode at the time, while Sixshot can turn into all six].

5. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    yep. just like wheeljack filled drifts spot in tfp.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I suppose on-the-fly reformatting has indeed done for multi-changers. Sad really. They could always redifine what his SixShot name means if they used him. His six alt modes could operate independently and then combine to form his robot mode. Have him essentially be a DuoCon in nature. Well, a Six-o-Con.

But then there'd likely be uproar from SixShot fans.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He kind of already did that in Headmasters.

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was gonna mention that as part of his abilities as it could've been a cool thing to see live-action. But I didn't want to confuse things further beyond the splitting idea for now.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Have the films made Sixshot obsolete? Nope, I don't think so. I like to believe that regular TFs in the Movie-verse can only scan up to a maximum of two or three altmodes. Sixshot therefore would still reign supreme.

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I would hope. But there appears to be no hard set rules within the movieverse with regards to anything so just because it's not happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And it seems like they can only store one at a time. They scan a new one and that's their alt mode. They can't go back to the old alt mode without re-scanning. At least that was my impression.

12. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Have any actually gone back to their previous alt mode though?

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Not that I've seen, which is why I think that. For example, you have the Twins in RotF, and they're two halves of an ice cream truck. Then they return to base and scan the cars they then remain for the rest of the movie. If they could retain multiple alt modes, it seems like they wouldn't have had to scan anything to turn into the car modes we all know and love [/sarcasm]. They would have already had them stored and could just switch over at any time.

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    That's one way to look at it I guess. If they knew disguise was going to be a part of their life on Earth then having a handy data file full of different scans to call on at any time would've been a given. As well as when in the middle of a big battle and not caring about disguise they'd be ditching the sports car alt modes and going for something a bit more robust and then going back to a car alt later. The fact that they don't do that (ignoring the real world moviemaking reasons of budget) would suggest that they probably just hold one alt at a time. But then there's Stealth Force alts with gun popping out for that.