Have there ever been published specs for TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by johnboy3434, Oct 11, 2009.

1. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

Like, how tall they are or how much they weigh? Since scale is screwed beyond repair in the stories themselves, has there ever been a publication that actually gives in-depth specs on them?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think for the movies they released heights for all of them and weight for some. Not a booklet or something.

3. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    on the botcon site there are some published bios for some of their created characters..i don't think anyone has made a site that has listed all the G1 tech specs and the more modern series tech specs...

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yeah, both movie books (hardbacks) had little tid bits for the main bots, such as: Optimus Prime
    Ht: 28 ft
    Wt: 4.3 Metric Tons
    Strength: power level 5
    then little fact boxes as well, with: top speed 250mph, engine: 850HP etc...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  5. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The video games and UK magazines for the 2007 movie also published some stats.

Oddly one of the oldest stats though was published in the old Marvel Transformers comics in 1986, in a scene where Shockwave scans Bumblebee in issue 16. It stated Bumblebee was 15 feet tall as a robot and weighed 2200 lbs. It even said he turned into a Volkswagon, which seemed odd to me that they actually mentioned the car makers name. It also said he was the smallest Autobot (presumable of those on Earth at the time), which is really weird since the official height of Optimus Prime was 18 feet - tallest of the original Autobots. All the Autobots were within 3 feet of each other in the first year?

Of course the G1 TV show bible scale chart said Bumblebee was closer to 9 feet tall, so there was a 9 foot range in the original Autobots.

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

That's...that's so idiotic. 4.3 metric tons is about 4.73 short tons. A Peterbilt 379 is about 8 short tons or so.

But would I love to see a semi blasting along at 250mph.

- Coeloptera