Have patience. There will be plenty of DOTM toys available.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, May 5, 2011.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I know, i know, thanks for the advice. ^^' Right now there are some DOTM toys available and some for pre-orders in Mercado Libre Argentina (Ebay page ^^) and some are quite expensive, the Voyager class especially. Other online store sells the Leader Class at the same price. :S
    But even in toy stores, prices are getting higher so i am not sure where would the DOTM will be cheaper: internet or local stores. :S
    I am just lucky i want a model or 2. :p 

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know why people would ever get worried about the early waves because the early waves are the bane of so many toy collectors. Stores order way too much of the first waves and about the time you get excited about something in a later wave it's not getting stocked where you live because there is still too much of the early waves.

If you want something to worry about with movie toys worry about the last waves because the cool stuff in those are way harder to find as the mega displays shrink down to normal size displays and retailers try to sell off the slower moving figures from the early waves.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I agree, though Ferraris always hold their value, no matter what. Movie toys especially depreciate in price. You can get ROTF and Movie 1 toys from eBay for dirt cheap.

4. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'm the one that took it. I have it as my ID for him on my phone. Gets me cracking up every time.

5. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For myself it's not a matter of being worried that stores will be out of stock by the time I get to the store on the 16th. It's a matter of being impatient and knowing that they are just sitting in a box in the stock room and not on my shelf. I understand that the manufacturer wants to have their big unveiling/release to the general public to drum up interest in their product. But for the collectors, hell, we're going to buy it anyway, so stinks to have to wait.

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

you sir are a good friend. it should be tagged to everyone on his facebook. lol

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I work at Target..if anyone asked me to pull something from the back, not gonna happen.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I gurantee we'll be still finding DOTM toys till the end of time or 2012 whatever comes first.

Personally i'd like to get the remainiung Generations figures than get any DOTM figures.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tough guy! I'm glad you don't work at my Target.

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well said.I want Warpath.

11. sh002

sh002 Banned

if they have plenty of shockwaves later and discounted, i might buy one to open.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just doin' my job. We're not allowed to pull for collector's items. We're not really allowed to pull case assortments just because a certain one isn't on the shelf. And we're most definitely not allowed to pull street dated items before the street date because some people are too impatient to get their toys when they are flooding the shelves.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm just glad there are still some people like you around. It just seems crazy when they let some Hot Wheels collector go threw the stock because heavens forbid some adult needs that toy car instead of a little kid.

I enjoy collecting stuff like Transformers, GI Joe, and Marvel, but I've never had that feeling that I need something so bad that I have to pester the people that work there for something because I'm a spoiled adult.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Thanks.

We have a semi-regular scalper that comes by our store, as well as a few hot wheel collector's.

And I rather not give them more help than they really should get.

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

I work near a Target and visit near every day. The staff is excellent and I know many by name. I simply gave the DCPI number to the customer service desk and they printed out a location ticket. I then proceeded to the toy aisle and gave the associate the ticket. After not finding it on the shelf and a short trip by the associate to the stockroom, out came my Sentinel Prime. No crying, no pestering and certainly no 'spoiled' temper tantrums. Yet somehow that action makes me a spoiled adult that lives in my mother's basement who pesters associates and threaten's their job security by forcing hourly associates to do my bidding.

Some of you guys really need to get over youselves.

16. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just thought about this.Come May 16th TRU is going to have that monolithic display at the front of thier Store with DOTM goodness hitting you in the face.TRU usually has a very decend display for the big movies(yes,even Speed Racer).Though I fault them for the poor job they did with the Inidana Jones figures.Star Wars,both TF movies and GI Joe all had a great showing at TRU.

17. IcedPhoenix

IcedPhoenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    ARE
    ALL
    DATED

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Street dates are a legal agreement by both companies and when it gets broken, the store in question is open to huge lawsuits from said company. I got nothing wrong with asking employees to check the back aside from the fact that it has NEVER worked not once EVER and for that reason I don't even bother. When I'm at the toy aisle they either have it there or they don't have it. Period. Aside from that, I'm getting sick of the hunt in general anyway. The last round of Generations I didn't even bother I just ordered the case from BBTS. Guess what? I have Thundercracker. Guess who doesn't have it? My local toy stores. And it'll be months before they do. If ever.

As for DOTM crap, I want a Shockwave and the rest of it can rust as far as I care. All the ROTF toys were a big pile of fail and I've yet to see anything from DOTM setting me ablaze.

Having said all of that, I'm still gonna go into Target and other stores on a frequent basis because well, I'm a toy collector and I would be there anyway. But I ain't gonna bug anyone for stuff that isn't on the shelf.

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    [sarcasm alert]

Don't you just love it when people speak on behalf of Hasbro, like they're fully aware of how much product big box stores have ordered?

Still, there are some nuggets of truth to what you say, Waverider. No telling how many of us had buyer's regret over the 2007 and ROTF movie toys. I jacked up my credit card in 2007 buying the movie toys when they were first released, and so far I've sold or traded about a third of them for less than retail prices. I got too caught up in the hype, and I won't make that mistake again.

My own speculation is that big box stores (especially Walmart and Target) were hesitant with their initial orders of DOTM product due to stagnant and underwhelming sales of PCC, ROTF and TF product in general over the last year. TRU, however, may have huge front-of-store merchandising displays that are contracted promotion for DOTM with Hasbro/Paramount.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ If that's what the big stores are saying, they are crazy. I don't think it is. Movie was a license to print money, RotF more so. There's a difference between a movie year and not-one.