Have patience. There will be plenty of DOTM toys available.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, May 5, 2011.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just some advice to some of you new to collecting.

A lot of you are running to Targets and Walmarts looking for broken street date toys or pestering the store employees in fear of toy shortages. Based on the last couple of movies, there will be plenty to go around for the rest of the year. The retailers will order tons of DOTM related items. In fact the toys usually go on sales a week or two after the release date and when the movie is released.

But then again, where you live also have a role on what you get. Big cities usually get stuff constantly replenished, while smaller towns will be sitting on wave 1 and 2 stuff for months.

Each film had a hot toy. The 1st film was "Concept Camero" Bumblebee. ROTF had the ice cream truck twins. People where buying them at inflated prices in the secondary market. But but once they reached saturation to all the major retailer, you could buy one off the pegs with plenty left.

Buy the figures you want without letting hype get in the way and you will have a fun TF summer. :) 

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    it wont help.... it never does...ppl in generall lack paitentce.....this comes because we live in a society were everything needs to be now, now, now.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I've been saying this for months. I'm going to sit back and let the masses take their fill, then when the inevitable sales hit, I'll pick up the odd figure or two. These will be the most widely available figures since...well, around this time 2 years ago :D 

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good post!

I admit that I made a brief detour to a Target the other day just to see, but going to a lot of effort makes no sense to me when I can wait a couple weeks and marvel at the onslaught.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is good advice, listen to the man :) 

6. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah It's funny seeing some of the worrying or inpatient people on figures we know will be by the hundreds in stores. There not gonna be like RTS at all. In less then two weeks we'll get them but people are acting now more then before like we still have a long wait.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Tell that to the people who paid through the nose for the shady early versions on eBay. I will never EVER understand the need to have figures before everyone else, when they will be common as muck in no time at all.

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    just as you dont really need a Ferrari car, or that 60" TV in your two room apartment..It is nothing more then show of and a attempt for attention.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Yeah, that's a syndrome that boggles my mind. Unless you're a toy reviewer.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Very good advice. :thumb 

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Mods, move this to the front page; it NEEDS to be heard.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

To be fair, if I had a Ferrari, I wouldn't care if no-one saw it! :lol 

But srsly, a lot of it does seem to be about bragging rights. The problem is, those people who posted on here with stuff like "oh woe is me I can't work out how to transform DotM voyager Megatron 4 months early *wink wink*" don't seem to realise that practically no-one cares that they got the toys early. In fact, they lose cool points because they're boasting about having something that thousands of people will own very soon and probably get bored of even quicker.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Patience? What's that? Can I buy it? Is it the newest super secret figure from the DOTM? Line? Where can I find it so I can have it before everyone else in the entire universe? How much is this patience? Can I find it on eBay?

Seriously though, I pretty much ordered everything I wanted minus a figure here or there from HTS. And that's only because of the free shipping + 10% off deal at HTS.

At $4+ for gas, I am going to NOT hunt as much as possible.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    before i fouond this site i was so obliviously pateint (because i had no idea what was coming) now i have to admit i get kinda stalkerish about the new stuff getting released.

when genereations blurr and dirge were first spotted i bet i stopped at my local walmart every day for a week checking to see if they had them

but i remember the shelves for revengge of the fallen being swamped with voyagers and end caps on the same isle with even more of the same figs.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OP, I think you're missing two key points.

The first is that the people who are getting stuff pulled from stock rooms are the collectors, as new people wouldn't really know all about that yet. I think we should group that more as "The entire TF community".

The second is the fact that people are doing this because they are worried of a shortage. Most members on here who have bought stuff already didn't get it pulled from the back early because we were worried of not getting them. We did it because we wanted our toys. Yeah, plenty will be available on the 16th. But it's nice to get them early when you've been anticipating them for a while.

Just my opinions.

16. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    :lol  seriously tho, just leave them to it, they soon realise theres plenty of toys for everyone, and their brother, their cousin and...............you get the idea

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Interestingly enough, getting toy early = getting attention is something common. Toy reviewers are not exempted from it

18. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    My god, a single, lone voice of sanity appears!

There are still ROTF toys in my local Asda. I'm confident that, in two years' time, thos ROTF shelfwarmers will have morphed into DOTM shelfwarmers. For everything else, there's the internet.

I'm not worried. Good things come to she who waits, and all that. =)

19. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I was at target today getting baby food and asked the stock guy if they had any in the back, told him all i want is Bumblebee. 5 minutes later i had Bumblebee. im happy now

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I genuinely believe that's a huge part of why they do it. I have far more respect for a youtube reviewer (for example) who reviews older toys because they are not trying to earn points or look cool on a TF forum.

:2c: