Have Megatron be the main villain again!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Megatron1, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Everyone is always speculating who the new villain will be. Honestly, I don't want any new main villain. I want Megatron as the main villain again. I know, I know, he was decapitated, but you have to think hard. They always have ways to bring Transformers back to life. For example:

Dark Energon (as in Transformers: Prime)

The Quintesson (used to bring Optimus back in G1)

The Matrix of Leadership (used to bring back Sentinel in the movie).

They could use one of these ways to bring Megatron back and make him strong again (instead of as weak as in DOTM)!

So, what do you say, guys?

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    No.

Megatron was crap in BayFormers. Why would I ever want him back?

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Well put.

Megatron is dead. Let him rest in peace.

That being said, I'm quite sure he will return just to troll the fandom...

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Back from the dead wasn't a good idea the first time so back from the dead yet again is an even worse idea. If the movies want to reuse villains then maybe they should stop killing them off left and right.

Back from the dead works for the Friday the 13th movies and South Park's Kenny, but I don't think that constantly back from the dead Megatron would work very well.

5. Megatron1

But...You can't have a Transformers movie without Megatron. That's like making Super Mario Bros. without Bowser or making Jurassic Park without T-Rex.
    [​IMG]
    And look how well that turned out.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I enjoyed Megatron in the movies, but to be honest, him dying twice tells me that it would probably be best for a new guy to have a go.

While he is the most memorable, Megatron is not the only big-shot Decepticon, and it would be cool for someone like Lord Straxus or Overlord or something to show us what they can do.

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    If Bay used these ideas, we'd have the new wave of Decepticons, around the corpse of Megs, shouting, "I believe in Megatron. I believe in Megatron! Now, the audience! Believe!"

8. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Nah. I do agree with you that Megatron should be the villian again. But they made a mistake by killing him off, it would be stupid to have him revived for the 2nd time. Bay should've let him live in TF1. So they should just have a new villian for TF4.

9. Megatron1

A Transformers film without Megatron is also like making Oliver Twist without Bill Sikes.
    [​IMG]
    Or Fagin.
    [​IMG]

10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Stop comparing other, completely different things, to the films. Oh, and one last thing, you can have a Transformers series without Megatron, see Rescue Bots,

11. Obliterator999

Obliterator999 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well that's the writers fault for not getting that what defined the cartoon series was the Optimus and Megatron rivalry, not some nobody most people won't even remember. Optimus is nothing without his memorable villain and the movies, except maybe the first one, failed miserably by having a weaksauce Megatron. And now they wrote themselves into an even worst bind by having Megatron die again. His character is pretty much irredeemable at this point and can't be brought back a second time. In my book, TF4 is doomed for failure based solely on that. The only way I can see them salvaging the movie is *maybe* having Megatron being reformatted into Galvatron.

12. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    They should resurrect Megatron as an Autobot, and make Sam the main villian in TF4. Like, all this running from explosions and hookups with girls way out of his league just turns him into some evil mastermind.

No one would see that coming, anyway.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Yes, you can have a Transformers movie without Megatron. He is not the be-all and end-all of the franchise. Is he the most famous antagonist of the franchise? Yes. Is he the only antagonist of the franchise? Not in the slightest. They managed to make four Spider-Man films without The Rhino. Or Electro. Or Black Cat. They managed to make seven Batman films without Killer Croc. They managed to make dozens of live-action Marvel without Black Panther (so far). There's hundreds of characters that make up the franchise. I think a Transformers film could survive without Megatron.
    2.) You can make Super Mario Bros. without Bowser. He is not the only character in the franchise. (see above rant)
    3.) They haven't made a Jurassic Park without a T.rex. All three have had a Tyrannosaurus. The third merely had a decreased role for the Tyrannosaurus; arguably a similar situation to Megatron's slightly decreasing role in Bayformers. Yes, JPIII was the least successful film of the franchise. It "only" made about $370 million (in 2001, mind you). But I highly doubt that "having less T.rex" was the reason that JPIII wasn't as astronomically successful as the previous two.

Your argument is invalid. On several levels.

14. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

No, I don't want Megatron to come back. Have someone else take the spot as the antagonist. An antihero sounds good too.

15. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    This is all Michael Bay's fault. If he had just gone along with Kruger's script like a GOOD director would, then there wouldn't be all this talk of wanting to have Megatron back and so on....

16. MandarinQuake

MandarinQuake Well-Known Member

Sorry but that is not gonna happen.

17. gokuz23

gokuz23 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like Megatron to come back but not as a total weak ass, other than that i would like a separate from Megatron Galvatron, Overlord, Rat Bat, Turmoil, or Straxus

18. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leave him dead. Megatron is my favorite character, but leave him dead. Let someone like Thunderwing, Overlord, Straxus or Liege Maximo get the villain role. Show Megatron in a flashback or something, but leave him dead.

19. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    umm there were Mario games without Bowser

20. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Megatron could return in Galvatron's form,created by some ancient Decepticon power or also an alien entity...I know just movies not relative comics,so I don't know if it could happen.

If not, better leave him dead.