Have I missed something

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by sketchprowl, Oct 31, 2008.

1. sketchprowl

sketchprowl freak of nature

Is it just me or is it just the original series where is was suggested that the autobots had relationships (settled down had kids etc) I know that Prime in Animated seems to have feelings for Alita 1/blackarracnia as she does for him but the relation isn't really confirmed and no one else seems to have a female bot in his life in any of the series.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's basically there to put more depth into the story line. At least that's my opinion of it so far.

3. sketchprowl

weird

i think to be honest it would be too weird if one of the main characters "settled down" with someone.

4. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

I thought Alita 1 was Sentinel's girl. That's what Sentinel's big beef with Optimus is. Isn't it?

5. sketchprowl

could be the reason why sentinal has a problem with Optimus. He could want Alita 1 himself but knows she's after Optimus

6. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Not sure about the settling down and having kids part, but in pretty much every continuity has some sort of relationship storyline. The only exceptions so far are the Movie and the Unicron Trilogy (well, there is, but restricted to human characters). For more detail see this link.

Then there's this. Or worse: this.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Eh, personally a bunch of space bridge repair bots(as they originally were) wouldn't be too big on the femmebot's ranks.

now after they've fought a butt load of 'Cons and won(or survived at least) I think there might be a spot for a girl or two with them.

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

maybe no, because ROBOTS ARE ROBOTS.

They don't settle down and make a family because they're MACHINES

9. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

They can still like each other, just for the sake of it. They have complex minds and are capable of feeling all kinds of emotion. It's just going to be more platonic than human-relationship would (in most cases) be. :D 

10. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Um dude they are mechanical machines with souls only difference between you and them is your a biological machine.....its not that they are mechanical that makes 'settling down and making a family' unlikely its that their makeup is such that doing so makes sense.

A good example is foget them being mechanical and take a theoretical biological species one that doesnt require copulation to reproduce, one that doesnt require incubation within an existing member to reproduce and they dont have the same kind of instinctual nurturing we do and you get a species that doesnt settle down and start a family its not because they are mechanical but because their makeup doesnt predispose them towards it.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Well, it wasn't exactly clear who's "girl" she was. Though during that episode, it did seem as though she was "with" Sentinel. However, she did seem chummy with Prime as well. (we've all seen that romantic situation in movies, tv, and life.)

The problem is, Optimus was (as always) the smartest of the three of them and told them to avoid the spider cave and lose the Energon because it wasn't worth it. Neither Elita or Sentinel would listen, and they went in anyway.

Prime ended up saving the day, but Elita didn't replicate his wrist mounted grapplers, thus falling back into the pit, while Prime was able to rescue Sentinel.

The spiders immediately dogpiled her and she was silent. For as much as Prime knew, she was dead, but Sentinel wouldn't have it. Prime won out and they weren't able to rescue her. A guilt he's carried all of his life.

That's what Sentinel's big beef is. But...he also feels guilty for what happened, because he knows deep down what really happened and he just can't face the truth.

12. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Actually, she did replicate his grapplers - but her download ability only worked for a limited time (she admitted so herself), and said ability timed out halfway up the cavern, which is why she fell.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Wall-E and Eve would like to discuss this point with you in depth.

If a being has sentience then it has feelings. How evolved or complex these are depends on the being's level of evolution.

So a few other points related to that are thus. If the Cybertronian race can trade information instantaniously why have an alphabet? Or perhaps they're not words, its artwork. So that can cover the development of a language, an art in and of itself, and concepts of creativity, beauty and even vainity.

The robots of today's world operate on pure (if sometimes obtuse) logic. Our movie characters do not. They display anger, sorrow, humour, spite, irritation, self sacrifice, hope, ego, sadism, humility (false even), and even perhaps psychosis. So don't stand there and say they can't feel love, or a desire to be with another. Won't wash Stan the Man. Sure the 2.5 kids, white picket fence, place in the burb, Saturday games/performances and Sunday golf might not be on the menu but I can see no reason why desire for home, hearth and family would be foreign to them.

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I know that a fact that Elita One is Optimus' love in the G1 Cartoon, but in Animated Cartoon Elita One bacome Blackarachina is hated of Optimus and Ti..I mean Sentinel she try to ride her's spider half to become Elita again and why Blackarachina stuned Ratchet?

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Giddy up?

16. sketchprowl

going back to the original cartoon

there were a couple of flash backs in the original cartoon where there was what looked like a town square filled with bots and there were young (child like) running about. And if they didn't start off as children or child like why are there young and old bots, and why do some of the older bots call the younger ones kids. Coming from a planet that apparently doesn't have kids how would they know what a kid was?

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's be honest, it doesn't matter if they're robots, they're really just big battle-ready humans after all.

18. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I actually thought about going back to correct that post. I should've. I look like an idiot. lol

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Lithone. According to the profile books, a world more advanced the Cybertron, a different species altogether and with little know about what they are. Maybe they were cyborgs or something.

As far as the young and old bots go, go dig up an old appliance like an NES or a Pentium 90 PC. Then take your shiny Nintendo Wii and whatever you're typing on now. Old tech manufactured years ago, new tech relatively recent. The "old bots" just came off the assembly line years earlier, and technology does age. Components suffer wear and tear, capacitors simply don't hold the same charge they used to, components fail and need to be replaced. Advanced mechanical lifeforms suffer the same way I guess.

And the old guys calling the young ones "kid"? That's just the writers putting it in a way any casual viewer can understand. Ratchet says it to Bumblebee, and you know right away who is older and who is younger. It's characterisation anyone can grab. I don't know about you, but I'd rather suspend disbelief for something like that then put up with some complex terminology that I have no hope of understanding.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Wow, Arcee is a slut:p