Have I missed out on soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jamz, Mar 31, 2007.

1. jamz

jamz Repaint! Repaint! Repaint TFW2005 Supporter

I live in the Washington DC area. I never saw re-issue Soundwave. Is he gone already? is he still at retail anywhere?

I also never saw alt. Mirage. Has he disappeared?

(OK, bad joke)

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Alt Mirage has turned out to be pretty rare. I haven't seen Soundwave in stores here either, and have been wondering the same thing. Seems like the best way to get either of them is online.

3. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    eBay

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    A week ago he was listed on the TRU website, but it said 'temporarily not available online'. Last time I checked he wasn't there at all.

I bought mine off ebay for $50 including shipping, and the guy I bought it from decided to pay shipping for me so it went down to $40. Brand new MISB. Pretty gnarly transaction.

While we're on the subject, an mp3 playing Cassette Robot sounds like a bad idea, even worse when you're dropping $90 plus for a toy that isnt a masterpiece. As other posters recommended, go on ebay and you should find a new one at a decent price.

-Nerd

5. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are both pretty rare. I never ever saw Mirage or Camshaft at retail. And this coming from someone who makes roundtrips to the local shops. I got really lucky with Soundwave cause the TRU associate who worked near the Transformers toy area somehow knew I was looking for him and had to go to the backstock to get it for me. Best way to get them are online. Better hurry or they become even more rare.

6. volpi1

volpi1 volpi1

Ill sell u one misb for 50.00 shipping included, thx, corey

7. ShadowPrimus1979

ShadowPrimus1979 Hero For HIRE

Is thair a wallmart near buy?

8. jamz

jamz Repaint! Repaint! Repaint TFW2005 Supporter

He's not a TRU exclusive?

I thought Classics soundwave was a TRU only. I drove past three walmarts today. Can he be found at wallyworld?

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He'll most likely continue to be restocked atleast until the movie figs come out. IMO
    He's part of the classics line, and some TRU's are still restocking Classics Prime from wave 1.
    Never seen Soundwave, Classics Jetfire or Alt Mirage yet in stores.

If you want a more definite answer, call TRU and see what they say, then feel free to share the knowledge :) 

11. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I think the bulk of the Classics figures came out late last year. What was left after the shipments is what is appearing now on shelves (with very few surprises).

Yesterday, when I went to the TRU in Brooklyn, I saw a few Jetfires and a bunch of the Primal/Megatron Beast Wars 2-packs. Since I dont really care for any TF series outside of G1, I laughed and walked away.

By the way, classics Prime is a cheap common toy in just about every toystore I've been to. This is why I passed up on the UM/Skywarp 2 pack even when it was on clearance.

12. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are still looking for Soundwave than just hold out. We are ordering 5k more of him to arrive within the next month or so. This will be the final shot. We new this would sell well but had no idea just how well since we are pretty much out at this point (less than 500 in the whole country still available).

13. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Cool! I will definitely keep an eye out for Soundwave.