Have G1 Robot Heroes been canceled?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by highlander3000, Apr 22, 2009.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I heard a rumor that the upcoming Prowl/Laserbeak, Predaking/Ricochet and Deathsaurus/Star Saber Robot Heroes have been canceled. Is there any truth to this?

2. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    id say pretty much everything g1, non-movie has been cancelled for now..

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I think we'll see them. The molds are far enough along that a few guys in australia got them. When hasbro invests in new molds they do try to release them.

In fact It may be a bit early for retailers to have these in the U.S. because I only got sharticon/snarl and hardshell/perceptor from hasbrotoyshop. Hav'ent seen those at retail at all.

This is mainly do to a "do not replenish" thing in a lot of retailer systems during the past few months.

maybe when universe has room to breathe again we will see them in the U.S.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

hi

I asked this same thing, apparently the general consensus is that they only were released in Singapore, and another member on this board or another said he found them in Australia.

I passed on the Primal set and the Sharkticon set, so I hope they still have these somewhere stuck on the shelf. Since they do not seem to be restocking.

I really do not understand why they canceled them they seem to sell well where I live.

I only see the Cheetor set, Cheetor Beast machines, and Rumble set now.

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I think I saw some of those newer ones at a local K-Mart last night (either Sharkticon or Perceptor/Hardshell). I wasn't really paying much attention since I was looking for something else.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Perceptor/Hardshell is supposed to be out, I believe, but all others are cancelled/on hiatus.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The wave with Cheetor/Tankor, Hardshell/Perceptor and Snarl/Sharkticon was released late last year both online and in stores.

A wave of Tigatron/Inferno and Ricohet/Predaking made it out in Malaysia, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. No US release is planned according to Hasbro.

The other sets unaccounted for (no reported releases ANYWHERE) are RID Megs/Prime, Prowl/Laserbeak, Desaurus/Star Saber, Optimus Primal/Jetstorm, Hasbro said in the last QnA that there were no plans for them to be released.

I did post a feedback thread on that last Tigatron, Predaking, etc. wave though, here, as I caved and got them on Ebay just in case.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure they will make it out in the US at the very least as a store exclusive.

9. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

My guess is that they've been delayed until after the ROTF line is done along with the rest of the Universe line.

10. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    That's very disappointing. I was hoping for that Prowl/Laserbeak. :( 

11. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

hasbro email

So I e-mailed Hasbro, luckily I am going to get the Predaking set from Specimen-17 , this is the response I got from Hasbro.

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding Transformers. We appreciate your interest.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to produce those products.

We will share your interest with the appropriate personnel.

Thanks again for your interest.

Does this mean that the UK, Australia, Singapore releases were from Takara not Hasbro since they say produce those products not release?

I know most products that Hasbro produces are released in the U.S., and Takara products are not.

Just bothers me that I will have to import that is all