Have any web series tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transformervic1, Feb 29, 2012.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Bottom line is, I someday want to be either a director or actor. Right now while I'm still young, Iv'e always thought of having my own show. So I asked a few of my friends and they want to be a part of this, and I already have the first Ep plot down and we will film very soon. Now, I'm curious about "target audience" and want to see what you might want to see in a show, even if it's unprofessional. I also want to know how to get word out of said show. I promise this isn't :spam  , just a 15 year old with a dream :) 

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    1) Be consistent: If you want to do monthly, do monthly, or weekly, or daily. Whatever. But set a schedule, and STICK to it. An unpredictable release schedule will piss off your viewers.

2) Be original: Come up with something people haven't seen before. Even if it's just a new twist on a classic formula. By trying to capitalize on the success of others, you will limit your own in most cases.

3) Be polished: Go through drafts in your scripts. Multiple takes for shoots (or rehearsals, if its done live). Edit out errors and mistakes. Put your absolute best foot forward in your work.

4) Know your limitations: Be ambitious in your projects, but be mindful of what will work and what won't, given your resources, skills, and medium. Try to find ways AROUND these limitations rather than being trapped by them.

5) Learn to take criticism: Noone great was great at the start. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, but be even less afraid of people calling you on those mistakes. Take what they say to mind (even if you don't take it to heart) and use it to improve what you create.

If you've got a plot (and presumably a script) already, what kinds of things are you looking for people to request?

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    ... We share a mutual dream, friend.

4. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Thanks Aernaroth! class A advice! and unicronFTW, why don't you start a show? for me I have thought that i could never do it, but I'm filled with new ideas that no one has ever seen and now I'm sure I'm ready to share it!

5. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I've been thinking of doing a monthly video game review show on youtube. (I'd even do TF reviews)

6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I would also like to be a movie director and writer when I'm older. The only problem is that all my ideas would s probably require a massive budget. I think I have one idea that could work on a small budget, but I think I'd have to hone my skills first before trying it.

7. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    have you thought of adobe after effects?