Have any relative or friends been able to recongize a Transformer due to the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Dec 11, 2011.

1. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    My mother knows Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, as well as remembering Rattrap and Cheetor from ages back.
    My sister only knows Optimus Prime, but she often has "the one with the..." names for the others, for example, Megatron is "the one that was frozen", Blackout is "the Hecaclopter" (she's 21 By the way) and Jazz is "the one that talks like a black person". I always laugh when she says that last one.

2. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

What I do is tie my family and friends to chairs and make them watch all the movies with me, and I point out all the main characters. Then I give a test to all of them and if they pass then they are free to go. :lol 

3. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Nothing wrong with having taste. :wink: 

My father liked the cars when he saw the first movie, especially the Camaro. He has a photo album filled with all of his past cars and trucks. He was also fascinated by my TFs and how they transformed. But I doubt he remembers their names.

My best friend knew nothing of Transformers. I just showed her the first Transformers movie last week and that was her first exposure to them.

4. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    My Dad:

"First one was okay."

"Second one was rubbish, it didn't make sense and I couldn't tell whether they were good or bad."

"I'll watch the third one when it come out on DVD."

5. ricanhornet

ricanhornet Well-Known Member

See, I think that is going to be the issue with introducing a new villain (since Megatron and SS are "dead"). Most non-fans recognize OP, Bee, and Megs. Now, with Megs out the picture, you really want bandwagon fans to develop an emotional attachment to Lord Straxus or Scourge or etc, etc.

That's going to be the difficulty in the next films. Bad guys are just as much of the story as the good guys.

6. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dad knows bumblebee...

way to go hasbro

7. dino52

dino52 Well-Known Member

my 2 year old brother knows bumblebee but since he cant pronounce he says bublbee

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mom knows all of Prime.

9. frenzyXprime

frenzyXprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My mom can name all the first movie Autobots, Jetfire Skids/Mudflap, Megatron, Starscream, Sentinel Prime, and Wheelie. Ironhide and Ratchet are her favorites.

10. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

my dad can recognise Optimus and Bumblebee

11. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

My dad kinda watched G1 so he recognises Optimus.

12. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    None of my family or family friends know any characters, they know Optimus, but not his face (and by that I mean the entire commentary through DOTM was, "Is that Optimus, did Optimus just die? No? Is that one Optimus?? Still no? Oh, no Optimus Died! What, that's not him?" :redface2: ). I had to pass around my leader Ironhide to explain that it was not Optimus Prime that got rusted in DOTM, but in fact, "the grumpy black pickup truck". I've begun referring to the toys I'm looking for by colour and car brand, not by name. My school friends know only of Bumblebee and Optimus.

13. Badwolf00

Badwolf00 Wrath of Everblight

My dad knows Bumblebee, Ironhide, Optimus simply because he's a mechanic and sports car fanatic so he automatically likes most of the Autobots and recognizes them because of their alt modes.

My mom on the other hand can name just about as many as I can, G1 to now. I had two older brothers who both liked TF so she knew all about them before I came along and then like my brothers before me liked them as well. She even knows all the words to The Touch and Dare. Best childhood memory ever was seeing the 86 TF movie for the first time and turning around slowly when my mom was naming all the characters and singing the songs.

14. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    My sister knows Bumblebee, Optimus and Starscream somehow, and a surprising number of students in my year know who Optimus and Bee are too

15. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

My mum knows prime and bb .. And that's bout it
    In dotm she didn't know who sentinel was from one scene to the next (not because of "bad memory" but cos they apparently all look the same ) an kept asking me "who's that now ?" I think it got confusing wen he went from that brown colour from the moon and then straight to the red without seeing him change into a firetruck

And no one in my family can tell the decepticons apart cos they are mostly all silver/grey