Have Any Of Your Transformers Ever Taken A Dive?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Mar 7, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Well, let me start by saying a couple of days ago my MP-05 Megatron as wobbly as he is, finally decided to tip over and take a dive on the shelf he was sitting on.

It the process, he took out Classics Starscream, Skywarp, and Ramjet, Movie Voyager Prime, Recon Barricade, And Pepsi Prime.

Luckily, Megatron and the TFs he took out were not damaged. I did a an extensive inspection on each one and as far as I can tell, all seem to be fine.

I guess Megatron got a little fed up with just standing there and wanted to take over my TF shelf by starting an all-out TF battle.

So, that gets to my question. Has anything similar ever happened in your TF collection? Did any TFs ever take a dive from a shelf or curio cabinet? Did they survive? Or did they need to be replaced?

THANKS to anyone who posts

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

My Superion Maximus once decided to see if he could fly.

3. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

I once had my alternator Jazz go flying off th back of my dresser which was backed up to a stairway in a loft.. thankfully.only ball joints and the doors fell off , and I was able to put him back together but it was a good 15 foot drop.

4. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    threw the dog's ball into the collection room, Buster went bounding in the room and I heard a large crash. FAB Frenzy fell over and took out all my Movie figs like dominoes! Luckily no damaged figs. Figured Buster shook the case enough to tip him over.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Drunk friend was hooking up my PS2 and my G1 Dinobots fell off the TV. Grimlock's dino head hinge busted. :( 

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I've been moving stuff and had things fall over. Luckily no one got hurt.

7. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

My Titanium Rodimus has fallen off of my desk several times...thankfully, it was never damaged at all at any of these times and I've since decided to stop displaying it near the back of my desk.
    Titanium Soundwave on the other hand, for a period of time I kept it in the top shelf of my closet and one day I accidentally knocked it down. One the way down, it smacked against the wall and the closet door. There are now a few scratches in the paint. :( 
    Classics Starscream is another one that's taken a few dives but never suffered any damage.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yes, but not very often...as i set up a display, i do a "shake test" where i will shake the shelf, as well as jump in the room in various spots to see which toys move...if they move, i fix them, and try again...eventually i get every toy setup the way i want them, and with no wobbles....

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Beast Wars Metals Convoy likes to jump off of my dresser a lot if he's in robot mode. He's always survived it just fine.

My Titanium RiD Optimus also took a big leap once (well, it was more of an accidental shove, really). Several bits flew off of him, but they all snapped back on, no harm done.

10. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Fortunately, I haven't had any major dives from my collection pieces. All the ones that have actually broken on me did so simply during their transformation. :redface2: 

I did, however, fumble RID Magnus while rearranging my shelves recently and took out 3 already set shelfloads of toys trying to catch the big bastard. :banghead: 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Alt. Jazz fell off my desk about three years ago when I had it in my dining room in my small one bedroom apartment. Since it landed on linoleum the winshield got a small scrape on it, but nothing terrible. My G1 Megatron fell off the top of a shelf a few years ago and one of the plastic leg hinges snapped. I had to buy a junker on ebay to get it fixed. Other than that, nothing major, just mainly my cats knocking Minicons and Spyshangers down off my display shelves with their tails.

12. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    sadly my classics hot rodimus took a leap off a shelf taking some other with him, and the others were fine, but his blade broke. :( 

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My CD Red Alert has fallen quite a few times off my glass desk onto other glass shelves but he's as sturdy as they come. 08 BB falls a lot because of his crappy ball joints but not much has happened.

Like most others seem to do, I display my MPs behind all the others just in case stuff like this happens. It's funny, you're almost more likely to break your TFs by keeping them on display and letting fate take its course than you would if you just played with them.

14. perceptor2.0

perceptor2.0 artist

my g1 inferno took a fall this moring, nothing wrong, and it was a 5 foot drop on to hardwood.

15. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Any transformer or gobot I had that had an alt mode even slightly related to the water has its screws and metal parts covered in rust.

SEASPRAY IS A BOAT HE SHOULD FLOAT.

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yup, my TM2 Megs fell off the tv for no good reason. Busted his leg right off. Funny thing too though is I had/have a Galactus figure and same thing happened to him from the same spot. Hmmmm.....

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    several of my TFs have fell/been knocked over. Indoors and out. Hell, 2 of my most valuable ones (MP Megs and Alt Nemesis) fell the first day I got them. Both outdoors.

Megatron fell off the 4 or 5 foot tall electric meter and on to solid dirt. The only thing that came off was one of those clips on the back of his legs. Nemesis tumbled down wooden stairs and onto concrete. Nothing broken.

Not just TFs too. GI Joes fall over pretty easily when they dont have stands, and when they're placed on a shelf above TFs, Serpentor can easily take out half the Decepticon army.

I used to have my Alternators in a similar set up before they got their own shelves, and so if one fell forward, half the others went went with him. MP Prime's heavy legs could also cause him to tip into the group. Both Prowl and Camshaft's shitty mirrors came off when they fell backwards off the highest part of my desk.

But despite all this, none of them ever broke in an unfixable way

18. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Ohh God this brings back a horrible memory. When MP-01 was first released and I got him I had him on a shelf about 5 feet up and down he fell. After cringing and picking him up he didn't have a scratch on him. Since then he has been on a deep shelf with no more fear of falling.

19. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

not had a fall recently, but I remember when I lived with my parents back in the day, my Tripredicus all of a sudden just leaned over onto his side. I didn't think anything of it, noone else fell over and a few days later i went to stand him back up and one of cicadon's wings had vanished. When I cleaned out that rooms to move still never found it lol.

20. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

My Masterpice Optims Prime decided that my wife was a decepticon, and took an fall right on top of her head, I hear a "Ouch, shit" out of her and went in to find a lump on her head. No damage to optimus.