hate the new guy at work... (aka Idiot Chronicals)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Dec 21, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok last week we got a new person back in the lab where i work. The guy is kinda creepy. I trust him less than the last guy we had. In fact I wish for the old guy bac.

The new guy... well a lot of what he says seems like bullshit or it contradicts other stuff he says. For example He had said to me his car had a dead battery, but someone else had said it was repossessed. Hmmmm. He thinks he is funny but neither me or the other lab person think he is funny. The lab manager likes him.

One time he did some "impressions". Worst f***in impressions I've heard in a long time. Says he did impressions for a living but it stopped paying the bills. Uh huh. Yeah maybe he did his impressions on an open mike night, but no way he ever got paid for it. another time he made a joke and neither one of us (me & other lab lackey) or a retail girl laughed. We kinda just stood/sat there with blank stares of "was that supposed to be funny?". He just goes. "Oooh tough crowd tough crowd." WTF???

Also I don't think he understands the concept of "other people's stuff". We have a dry erase board in the lab we use to keep track of when thens need to be changed or cleaned. The girl in the lab (the other lackey we will call L) drew a nice snowman. I added a nice scarf. Looked nice and festive. Since he saw us drawing on there he has added (and erased from time to time) his own little artworks.. They include: A bodybuilder Santa flexing, a flexing guy with big...pecs, and now he screwed with L's snowman by adding flexing muscles. Ugh. Guy is an idiot.

Also he is unoriginal. I had, when I worked at the other store, made a little alien head out of a lens. I tinted it green and used a sharpie to add eyes and a tiny mouth. When I went to this store I stuck some tape to the back and put it up near check out. It had been there for a few months. Well a few days ago I come in and see he had made bigger eyes and added a fucking smile to it! WTF!! I took it down and used alcohol to clean it off. and can't get it back to how I had it. Well later he tore a piece of a polish pad and made it green and made his own little alien head and stuck it up. I later threw it away because it was made from TRASH! Well I found more again made from discarded crap in the lab. This time it was stuff we wrap lenses in. Can't he come up with his own crap?

Another time he found some bouncy balls that had been in the lab since long before I got there. He had to play with them like they were his. He dropped one. I just put my foot on it and he just played with the other one. I threw the first one away. He also poked around the cabinets and found a magazine. didn't ask if they belonged to anyone and just took one and went back and read some. I leave my shit locked in the car because of this. I had planned on taking a Stikfa in sometime, but no chance now.

Also he has mentioned several times he "grew up with out a lot of money" and "Grew up poor". How many people (REAL comedians and politicians excluded) bring that up in normal conversation? I never say "I grew up rich and always got what I wanted" or any thing like that. I never hear anyone say "Well I grew up poor..." in normal conversation. If it was said once, I wouldn't think much oof it, but he mentioned it several times.

Also L and her husband are going back to school and she is pregnant. He said "If I have a baby I just hope it is breathing. I don't care if it is retarded or anything..." WTF? Also he asked what R did. She told him. He works in a bakery. He asks does he want to do that for a living. No she says and that he is in school. What for he asks. Dentistry. He asks 'oh so he is gonna take care of you then...' What business is of his really?

He has barely been trained to do anything so far. The lab manager is the one who teaches him because L & I are not paid enough for that. Well the guy has barely been walked through how to do stuff. Well lab manager leaves early and I'm stuck with 'idiot boy' for an hour an a half till it is time to go home. Well idiot boy tells me that I can go home if I want that he can handle the lab. [uh huh. Not a chance. You can't handle jack shit alone let alone the entire operation.] Granted we had nothing to do, but still. No chance an hell am I leaving early and getting my ass chewed out for leaving him by himself.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Everybody works with douche bags.

At least he doesn't tell management made up shit that you never did or said.

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

sounds like you got a little vendetta against him........

he sounds annoying but not incompetent, and you seem to be taking the alterations of your doodles very seriously.

id say chill and dont let people get to ya so much, otherwise you go postal.

I worked in a lab for 5 years, and yours sounds a lot like mine. And at mine, the people who constantly complained got the boot, because it eventually became more of a problem than someone being a bit childish.

4. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are idiots in all places of work. I'm not in a lab, but I do work in an office and there are plenty of idiots there that I can't stand. I just ignore them and concentrate on my work.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

His last name isn't Morgan is it?

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    no...

7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Good. I was afraid you'd ran into Dexter by accident, which'd make you Masuka by default. :puke: 

...and no one will get this reference.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Unfortunately for me, the biggest douche bag at my job owns the place. :mad