HASCON 2017: New Bumblebee Film Details Revealed At Transformers film panel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Sep 9, 2017.

1. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Thats what im saying, these people dont realize that the things we're criticizing and suggesting are for the hopes of bettering our favourite franchise, not just quenching our personal tastes

• Like Like x 2
  2. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Norm West, this may be the first time I've ever seen you say something sensible. :lol 

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Regardless what happens to me or this thread, myself and many others gain the knowledge and confirmation that this site appears to be a propaganda house for Hasbro to press out its news and hype, and any dissenting opinions will be silenced or turned into discussions of a personal nature, and then blamed on the people they want gotten rid of

Anyways, outside of the fandom, no one cares about the superficial details provided about this Bumblebee film. Clearly the marketing team thinks they'll pacify us, the fans, and then through word of mouth we can help rekindle interest and credibility outside of the fandom.

The general public have already been turned off by the 5 existing bay films. Unless we see evidence of a proper sincere change of direction for this Bumblebee film (ie dumping the bayverse and starting something brand new) I will keep calling them out on it, and keep my $$$ in my pocket

• Like Like x 4
  4. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok we get it. Keep your money to yourself then. We won't force you, and there's no need to. I'm still giving out my money though, cause it's my money, and I can do whatever the hell I can do with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think Transformers is bit more than just robots from another planet that change from robot mode to some other mode with two factions fighting it out both before and after getting to Earth.

If it was just robots that turn into cars, planes, or animals then all the cartoon series should be equal since they all have those same basic elements. Yet we've seen that the cartoon series vary wildly from series that fans love to series we all sort of pretend never existed. If all the cartoons have transforming robots from another planet that fight it out then the deciding factor between good Transformers cartoon and bad Transformers cartoon would have to be something like some series have great characters with lots of appeal while other series have poorly crafted characters with little or no appeal.

While I agree there is no one true version of Transformers I think it take more than just robots to be Transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  6. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    It takes a lot to be a good representation of transformers. But as long as it has the basic elements of robots turning into other things, then its transformers. How good the show, movie, or comic is doesn't determine whether or not its transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    I disagree. Not any transforming robot franchise is Transformers. Then, what are GoBots? Bayformers differs from the original Transformers as much as Gobots, or even more. Heck, in many aspects, they are night and day.

Bayformers is a terrible adaptation of Transformers, AND a series of terrible movies regardless. They could be a good adaptation of Transformers and a series of terrible movies, or the opposite. But they fail spectacularly on both ends. Usually, understanding what worked when you are adapting something, is essential. Marvel does it just fine. Why can't the Transformers franchise? It might take a lot, yes. But, why settle for less?

• Like Like x 1
  8. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You could say that about Beast Wars or Animated. You are not actually saying why it's a bad representation, you just don't like it so that makes it a bad representation.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

It's a bad representation because transformers aren't starring. It's a bad representation because characters aren't given any more than 3 lines unless you're optimus or megatron. It's a bad representation because characters are not distinguishable. It's a bad representation because the cgi sucks ass. People won't believe a duck isn't a duck. Hasbro and paramount are wasting money

• Like Like x 2
  10. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no way for those Academy Award and other nominations.

Name a character not Optimus or Megatron that has more than 3 lines....
    I think there's a variety to chose from.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Arguable. I'd say in AoE the story is equally about Optimus and Cade.

And how is that different? Are you going to say that every character had full pages of dialogue in every single episode? Mostly it's about Prime and Megatron.

Opinion. The average non fan won't tell the difference between the Seekers or the Datsun triplets either.

Opinion. Go watch "The Autobot Run" or "City of Steel" and tell me how awesome the animation is in those episodes.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And to add to that, look at Animated, which was released right after the 07 movie

• Like Like x 1
  13. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    No kidding. That should be the definition of shitty artwork.

14. electronic456

News Credits:
    I disagree. I like Animated.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's your opinion, and that's good. It's what makes the fandom very diverse. We should respect each other's decisions, and not force it down upon people who disagree with you. You can diss it all you want by yourself, but you don't have to accuse anyone of having poor taste or anything. You don't even have to call them "uneducated" or "uncultured".

• Like Like x 1
  16. electronic456

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know that. I can see that the series is not for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    I like Animated too, but it doesn't even almost hold a candle to the skill and effort that is put into the movies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Opinion. Autobot run and city of steel are better than anything Bayverse. The bayverse is slightly better than the armada cartoon.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nah, Animated just put all their effort into storytelling, characters and real world building.

All the useless stuff, obviously.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    Special effects wise. Yeah, of course. Story wise? Animated actually had a storyline planned from the beginning. Bay and the movie writers post-TF1 fully admit they just think up cool action sequences they want to do and then come up with some MacGuffin based plot later to tie the scenes together. The movies WISH it was Animated when it comes to plot.

• Like Like x 2