HASCON 2017: New Bumblebee Film Details Revealed At Transformers film panel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Sep 9, 2017.

1. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

TLKs failure is proof that the crowd is thinning... much like the hairlines of the bay movie audience as they enter the real life non-toy oriented stressors of adulthood

• Like Like x 3
  2. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Why it got to a 5th movie is your misunderstanding.....
    You failed a decade ago... If this was problematic since 2006, why on Earth did it have to be?

Now Transformers Animated has Bumblebee and Ratchet reintroduced.
    Now Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starscream have design cues from their movie counterparts in Transformers Prime.
    Now Drift is in RID 2015 thanks to AOE somehow.
    Now the name Barricade rings a bell for a Decepticon police car.

You never learn what you're saying to people, do you? Do you post these to expect people attacking you? Your stance is already clear to us.
    What if the TFW2005 you visited was this?
    Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM

So if the movies mean a lot? Does that mean the Resident Evil movies are actually more important than the games?

That's why the Fast and Furious and Mission Impossible movies changed the game. To me the failure is what happens when you don't let anyone else takes the directorial reigns for too long or change the vision.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jumacas

Jumacas Well-Known Member

Wait... You are blaming the fandom for now being oracles? That is insane. If anything, it should actually prove to you, that all the fandom welcomed this abomination and actually saw the first movie as a stepping stone, hoping for improvement in the future. Which was promised 4 times and each one disappointed worse than the last. And we have to thank this abomination for spawning other little abominations like RID 2015 and getting your grown butts even more toys? What about the rest of us who just want some quality fiction and entertainment? Should we be happy for scraps in exchange for our support?

The fact alone that you mention another turd series of movies to defend the turd that we're getting is a vacuum of pointlessness that I guess @drbeakman knew better than to step in, as will I.

4. drbeakman

Baron DiBonaventura Hasbronnen is back at it again

1t9zoe.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think perhaps Hasbro looked at what happened when other companies tried to have all the eggs in one basket like the world would never change. That might have scared Hasbro into the idea that hey maybe we need to be more than just toys. I'm sure Marvel comic books getting turned into successful films didn't hurt the idea of hey there are more ways to make money.

So while the results haven't always been everything every fan could have hoped for I can see why Hasbro has working so hard to be more than just toys.

Although damn I sure wish at least a part of this big media push was aimed at me. It's like Hasbro hasn't quite figured out how to cash in on nostalgia outside of the toy lines yet. But hey look at how long it took superhero movies to really find their stride so I can't exactly rip Hasbro apart for still finding their way as a media force on par with their toy sector of the company. (Although a really cool kick ass GI Joe cartoon might pave over a few hard feelings)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jumacas

That is a very interesting angle. Do you think that this might be a phase for Hasbro that is going to pass like '60s Batman or Marvel's efforts prior to starting the MCU that we now look back to with a sense of irony?

7. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yep. Perhaps the Live Action films are our 60's Batman - it's a good way to look at it! The problem is that Batman will always still be associated with 'De-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne'. Alternatively, I've always considered the Sunbow series to be our 60's Batman against the far superior comics and animated Movie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jumacas

I liken G1, as a whole (comics, cartoon, toys, animated movie) to the golden age of comics. In the sense that, if you look at it today, you'll almost definitely notice all the flaws and overall silliness, but its greatness lies in that it created something genuine, authentic and with a beating heart, out of thin air. People take that for granted today, unfortunately, even among the fandom. Where the difference lies, in this analogy, between the golden age of comics and G1, is how their legacy has been treated by subsequent media. Marvel has treated their beginnings with respect and never miss a chance to celebrate their legacy, while Hasbro, never misses a chance to drop a royal dump on it, for some reason. A good adaptation/continuation, honours the spirit of the original and enhances its quality retroactively. The fact that G1 is looked at today, by many, as something "silly", is absolutely, 100% a failure of the adaptations of it, like Bayformers, which have followed and which highlighted and amplified all its flaws and understood nothing of what made it appealing and enduring.

In that regard, I sincerely hope that Bayformers and Kiddieformers, the general direction that the franchise has taken, is the equivalent of 60s Batman and it will pass sooner than later. Until a more competent captain takes ahold of the ship and takes it to a more genuine and respectable direction. Until then, I believe that our role as a fan community is to ask for improvement and not compromise. That would be, I feel, the healthy thing for a fandom to do, as many other fandoms do and thanks to that, achieve many great things for their respective franchises.

9. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Just to say, I do love 60's Batman (and Soccer Spiderman)!

10. Jumacas

Actually, yes. 60s Batman, while as much a misrepresentation of the character as Bayformers is to Transformers, at least it was genuinely fun and had a heart.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

They are giant transforming robots, how is that a misrepresentation? There is no one true version of Transformers,

• Like Like x 7
  12. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

People like different things. People will always like different things. People will always demand and hope for the opportunity to consume different things. People will always have highly specific, yet often difficult to quantify or articulate, subjective criteria for what constitutes "it" for them. It all boils down for me to, "I like what I like, leave me alone." And I choose to do the same for others.

Enough said as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Does this make you think Bumblebee will be the only Transformer in this movie?

14. Jumacas

That's all there is to Transformers for you and the other 5 that liked your comment?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017 at 10:31 AM
  15. drbeakman

If "giant transforming robots" is the only thing defining Transformers, we may as well call it Gobots or Macross or Megazords and so on and so on and so on

Obviously what defines transformers are the CORE CHARACTERS

Those who disagree are devaluing the brand that gives transformers the edge over its competitors

• Like Like x 1
  16. InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer The Fastes Thing Alive

Then you are 10 years too late.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jumacas

Then, you are an oracle, I presume. You are blaming us for not seeing 10 years into the future, 10 years ago? Can you try to comprehend how insane that is?

18. drbeakman

Back on subject, the newly revealed details of the Bumblebee movie seem to indicate that nothing has changed and this is just business as usual, once again betraying the statement that Bonaventura made that this would be a more heartfelt undertaking reflecting the foundation of Transformers

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is ''good'' news indeed. Meaning the movie will probably be a big failure, because the audience won't be fooled by all the false promises from Lorenzo and Paramount. Almost certain Aquaman will eat this movie alive next year.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jumacas

Go Aquaman! :D 

• Like Like x 2