HASCON 2017: New Bumblebee Film Details Revealed At Transformers film panel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, we learned nothing new and did 100 posts:D 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well nothing new in terms of news really but glad to know it's in a different direction from Michael Bay. I am cautiously optimistic it could be a decent movie.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wonder if Lorenzo di Bonaventura is really the best guy for Paramount to use as the front person for this movie?

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is linked to a lot of really bad things at Paramount over recent years not just bad things connected to Transformers. Sure we have a new director with a really good movie under his belt but to bring out the people associated with the past films is just a reminder that things might end up just as badly as everything else Paramount has been putting out because it's the same people with the real power at the studio. The same people in control that don't seem to have learned anything from their past mistakes so can we really hope this time will be different?

Also Lorenzo di Bonaventura isn't exactly known as Mr. Friendly when it comes to the old fans of anything. If the idea is to tap nostalgia to lure back or lure in an older group of potential ticket buyers then do they really need to parade out the guy who thinks old Transformers fans should take a long walk off a short space bridge?

If they want to sell the idea of new and different they need to put forward new and different front people. Also while I know it's still being shot it kind of feels like Paramount dropped the ball not being able to start the it's different buzz with this con. Even if it was just concept art or a pre-recorded message from the director it seems like they could have pulled off something better than Lorenzo di Bonaventura to start some buzz. Heck look at how far in advance some superhero movies start their buzz from Comic Con.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    Hats off to you sir! I wish more people were getting it as much as you do.

But, how can one blame Hasbro for being on auto pilot, if the fandom is filled with people who just buy anything as long as it says Transformers on the box or the poster because they are "true fans" and "collectors"? Why does Hasbro need to improve, if people buy their stuff either way? No other fandom would have stood for such ball-dropping. Yet, 10-15 years after, here we are. And still neither Hasbro, nor the fandom appear much wiser. Meanwhile, the rest of the world thinks of the idea of Transformers as something catering to the lowest common denominator. Which is sad.

After 10 years, it's time to demand a change of direction and a hard reboot, without the involvement of Bonaventura, or Bay. No soft reboots and cheap tricks.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Not everyone wants a total reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  6. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get it and I agree with Ash but your response I don't agree with.

Seriously, we're not stupid. We buy what we buy because we like what we like. The toys are fine....

• Like Like x 4
  7. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I second that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    If Dragonball fans were like that, Dragonball Evolution would be in its 5th sequel now. Slow clap.

9. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But this is Transformers, not Dragonball. The movies are not disliked by EVERY fan on its fandom, as opposed to the Dragonball fandom. Hell, even the Dragonball creator hated the movie itself. As for the case of the Movieverse, Hasbro still seems to be patronizing it until now. The only Transformers "creator" I could think of who actually outright said that he hated the movies would be the Wyatt guy from Animated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    That's exactly the problem! Dragonball fandom has a unified voice, quality standards and a common understanding and wouldn't just let someone take their favourite franchise, take a dump on everything genuine and authentic about it and misrepresent it to the masses. Do you think the writer of DB Evolution would have publically apologized if the movie had made a billion? Of course not. We have allowed them their cockiness. Let Bayformers flop and see what happens.

11. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But then again, MUST it be disliked by every fan? You really can't force anyone to dislike something.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    You can't force anything, indeed. But what you can do is engage in discussion, voice your informed opinion, bring forth your best arguments and hope that you get through. I believe in discussion. I believe that a healthy mind can adjust their perspective and stance when met with new information. Isn't that the purpose of discussion? And I think there are several very urgent discussions that need to occur in Transformers fandom. "I like it" or "dislike it" are not very compelling arguments, into what I think is far above a matter of preference, but rather a matter of consumer ethics and morality.

Simply put, if we don't ask for better, we'll be getting worse.

13. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're bringing up ethics and morality? Jesus Christ that escalated quickly. If it doesn't harm anyone, then it's not unethical or immoral. It's still a matter of preference, man. It's just a movie. Not some important life decision.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    As an artist, and a fan of cinema, music and human art and culture, I wholeheartedly, absolutely disagree. That's the problem with these movies and their audience, exactly. That's why they have been described as "critic-proof". Well of course. A large part of their audience can't read, and many that do, don't value reading. Or criticism. Or discussion. Or arts, entertainment and culture. That's exactly what "lowest common denominator" means. You must have seen that phrase come up a lot for Bayformers. That is what it means. So, "morality" and "ethics" are not just some out there concepts. You have a moral obligation as a consumer, to vote for the best with your wallet. Because corporations have no moral obligation to improve if they can take their audience for granted. That's as basic as 1+1, but apparently, it flies over the heads of many in Transformers fandom.

15. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fine then. Have it your way. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  16. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

• TV advertising revenue is expected to grow from $70.6 billion in 2016 to $75.2 billion in 2021 (1.3% CAGR)
    • Video game revenue was $21.0 billion in 2016 and is forecast to hit $28.5 billion in 2021 (6.3% CAGR)
    • Internet access revenue expected to rise from $140.3 billion in 2016 to $189.8 billion in 2021 (6.2% CAGR)
    • Book publishing revenue is expected to go from $36.6 billion in 2016 to $38.3 billion in 2021 (1% CAGR)
    • Magazine revenue is expected to go from $30.2 billion in 2016 to $30.5 billion in 2021 (0.2% CAGR)
    • Newspaper revenue is expected to decline from $29.6 billion in 2016 to $23.9 billion in 2021 (-4.1% CAGR)
    • Radio revenue is expected to rise from $22 billion in 2016 to $24.1 billion in 2021 (1.9% CAGR)
    • Out-of-home advertising revenue is expected to rise from $9.2 billion in 2016 to $11 billion by 2021 (3.7% CAGR)

Media and entertainment is as trillion dollar enterprise, making up almost 30% of total world revenue

Seems pretty important dude

• Like Like x 1
  17. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the numbers. Makes me see which kind of business industry seems the most profitable and the most ideal to invest in. But what do these have to do with Transformers? It's not the only form of media that's out there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

It's an important industry financially with important effects on the mind, or we would not collectively put 30% of our resources into it

This is a Transformers board, so we discuss Transformers media

What more do you want here man

• Like Like x 1
  19. BumblebeeNotOP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's a crowd (e.g, myself) for the movies, hence why we still placed 30% of our resources on it. Are you saying that we should not patronize what we like?

20. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    I think that he means that you should "like" (and financially support) more responsibly, because everyone is affected. It's not "just movies". It's the value of culture and entertainment and a huge industry. People's jobs, people's art, people's culture. When you and some other people vote with your wallet that you want to see more of Bumblebee's pee, Devastator's balls, Jetfire's farts, or Wheelie humping a girl's leg, the bar lowers and you deprive the rest of us of an alternative. And you've had this for 10 years. Enough.