HASCON 2017 - Awards Dinner Panel Reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Sep 9, 2017.

1. XBow Nation

XBow Nation I'm too poor for my robot addiction

I hope they still make a Star Saber. I don't want that monkey's dumb goddamn face to be the reason we all miss out on a domestic, mainline Star Saber. Although this gimmick they're doing with the leaders is giving me hope.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. stad

stad Well-Known Member

Not disputing that, at most we'd probably only see 1 of those in the POTP leader lineup. More could come later, depending on what the follow-up line is.

3. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

Yeah, they went with the line wide combiner gimmick again, which I'm fine with. Look at Jazz, you wouldn't know he was a combiner on first glance.

• Like Like x 2
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    If the molds are producing toys that sell well enough...wouldn't Hasbro/Takara take the time to go back and repair/replace them if needed?

Also, this entire thing was built on the complaint that Hun-Gurr was a Silverbolt retool. Which he isn't. He's a new mold with elements of Silverbolt's torso transformation. Similar to same nonsense we went over with Dead-End/Chromedome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Well crap, I have no idea what else to do then, G1 is getting boring, but only G1 sells, damn, well Hasbro did kind of it do it to themselves.

6. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Well, G1 isn't the only thing that sells. Otherwise they'd stop making movies and TV shows. Though that's a bigger issue for a different thread, I do have to agree that G1 is getting pretty stale. Even the alternate universes like Prime and RiD all borrow so heavily from G1... it's like there's only one flavor of ice cream being sold.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

It was so exciting that finally Hun Gurr,one of my favorites, and Terrorcons have arrived in these "Generations"toylines and then appears the first pic ...hm,. at the moment Terrorcon leader doesn't impress me :(  . .Maybe final version will solve something but remains with a weak body,for a dragon,also compared to G1 .At the end if it isn't horrible, I could buy him ,for price of Hasbro version.I love Hun Grr bot especially for dragon body and Abominus.

At least we have Dinobots I'd like so much that they could release them and the Terrorcons in same days.

8. samisham

It's because Hasbro only sees money in what was first and what's happening now, everything from 1992-to 2016 doesn't even bare mentioning, outside of Primal and one or two anniversary figures in Hasbro's world and it's really depressing.

• Like Like x 3
  9. samisham

It was G1 Megs spending all his cosplay money the head and then realizing there's more to Armada Megatron than that. But that's Armada fans get now a days unfortunately.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Has to do with the money train. As long as the fan base keeps buying G1 figures they won't stop making them.
    As far as numbers go i have no idea what the sales figures are on each unit.
    But they do test us "the fans". Now and then we get a beast wars figure or a armada like armada megs. If they sell well they make more. That is how it works.
    As for now they dive deeper into more obscure figures from G1. So eventually they got to switch. My bet is beast wars. Since that is the 1 show they keep making special figures for. Or else it might go into micromasters.

11. MengHao

MengHao Well-Known Member

I don't doubt OPOP is a great toy, at least based on the initial reveal. Everyone knows primal will turn to OPOP if he wins. All I am saying is that I think part of the reason why he won or why people campaigned hard for him is that they expected robot+small monkey to robot+big monkey. I mean I could be wrong but it would probably mix well with rattrap and rhinox figures to boot. I guess it still works for robot mode though. I also know there is an MP version but well not everyone collects MPs.

I looked forward to how they would pull it off but apparently that's not feasible based on what they gave us. Good on the people who love how it turned out and are contented with it as it is still a good figure.

You can think of it as whining or whatever but I think it is a fair opinion to not be 100% impressed. Nobody gets it right all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

Since the release of 10th anniversary Primal in Cybertron, I have wanted a 6-changer Optimal Optimus, with one alt-mode for each planet.
    Truck mode (similar to Highwayman's truck) - Cybertron
    Flight mode (similar to Osprey V-22) - Earth
    Gorilla mode (power-up with a surfer mode) - Beast planet
    Speedster - Speed planet (Velocitron)
    Bulldozer (using those giant hands as blade) - Giant planet

The POTP one might pull off the truck mode, using the Jazz as bottom of truck's front and Optimus Prime's Trailer.
    Will figure out remaining modes after getting Primal in hand.

13. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Until I get the G1 cast I want ( AKA get caught up) I am going to be part of the problem not the solution to you guys issues with Hasbro redoing G1 over and over. However once I get that I will dip into the other mythos and pick and choose characters as appropriate and will be right there on board with you.
    or

Yall could just send me and my sons all of your extras of G1 Characters and get me out of the market to hasten to transition to 90 - 00s nostalgia at retail imma justa sayin..a

14. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

No the prototype was shown in Jet mode. And since the Jet mode was basically put the gorilla in superman pose and put the cockpit over the head, it's an easy one to do. The ground vehicle needed the wheel parts.
    Yeah, I mean it's not like we had Waspinator, Rhinox, Tankor and Sky-Byte for beasts in thrilling 30, or Armada Starscream. Oh and of course we've got the totally identical to G1 RID and movie lines with such classic G1 characters as Nitro Zeus, Cogman, Strongarm, and Bisk. All sporting looks identical to G1.

That was sarcasm.
    And that's the rub. The Beast guys didn't move that well. Yes they are going to have to do something other than G1 Homages. Preferably in the new show line. But I'm not sure we'll be getting anything as ambitious as Animated or Armada ever again.

Generations should find a good way to homage other things than G1. But Beast Wars by itself may not be the answer, and as long as they are doing movie lines, they can put the movie characters there. My original Beast figures still hold up well. I only bought Rattrap because I wanted a deluxe of him, and Rhinox for the twin chainguns of doom. If they do Generations for the Beasties, I hope they don't just rehash the season one designs again, but do something like Sky-Byte where the new toy certainly is recognizable, but still distinct. Hell if they could pull of Maximal or (bw) Predacon cominbers that'd at least be a cool new thing.

Alternatively I'd love to see GI Joe vehicle Transformers.

I suspect a lot of this will depend on how well the Dinobots and Terrocons move. They don't move well Hasbro might decide that the customers don't want that many beast alt mode figures, and we'll continue to be drowned in cars.
    Some GI Joe vehicle like the rolling Thunder or Havoc, I tell ya.
    Remember how Primal got that upgrade, after taking G1 Prime's spark and the matrix into his body...
    Unless the kibble will fold out into the chest armor for Abominous. It really does make me think of Onslaught's turret. That said I can see how it might end up Snaptrap.

15. samisham

Now list off all the G1 characters we've had and guess what Hasbro's favourite son is.

16. peh1978

peh1978 Well-Known Member

Hascon, please make a leader galvatron to rival this leader rodimus.

17. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    quite disappointed that Optimus Primal doesn't transform into a monkey

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Even with the G1 references, PotP has a ton of stuff that isn't G1. At least in terms of who's getting figures and what those figures do.

But he does.

19. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from what I can see Optimal Optimus transforms into a monkey, Optimus Primal transforms into a surfboard

which makes me wonder if in his bio it will be Optimus Primal + Optimus Prime - like in Beast Wars

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Like Optimus and Rodimus, Primal is a figure of his prime form (Optimal). The smaller robot turns into a part of *that*.

The only reason it doesn't seem odd for Optimus or Rodimus is because they have G1 figures that already did something similar to this. Pax doesn't turn into a space coupe and Rodimus never combined with his trailer.

As I said before, Leader Class Evolution figures are Mega Pretenders.