HasbroToyShop Rant!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by stevez0r, Aug 15, 2008.

1. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

I've got Galvatron and Animated Soundwave on the way, and "5-7 days" is rapidly turning into "12-20 days".

Plus, nobody at Hasbro, USPS, or FedEx actually can tell me which service my tracking # applies to. There's a page at https://spportal.fedex.com/sp/track that DOES track my #, but it's saying that my package is in Orlando, yet it'll take 5 more days to complete its 2.5 hour trip.

AAARRRRGH!

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Almost zombied, but ah hell

I've got part of my SDCC stuff still unshipped, and each day I check, the expected ship date has moved up. Upon e-mailing they said they're addressing the problem, and I've heard nothing back since.

Some of the stuff that did arrived came in *horrible* shape, with boxes that looked as if they'd gone through a meat grinder. I sent them back immediately and about a month later I've still had no refund.

All my problems with them were minimal until now, but this is it, screw em.

3. zgraham

zgraham Well-Known Member

I have had nothing but bad expereinces with HTS. I ordered the SDCC Cobra Commanders and had my order "lost", but I was sent an order confirmation number and was charged. Then I was able to order a Black CC on the second day, only to have my order cancelled. Then they put the figures back on the website for sale. So screw HTS, I will never order from them again.

4. Wingspanky

Wingspanky Well-Known Member

I only used them ONCE when I order the Protoforms to get them early. I felt like an idiot because of the shipping I didn't get them for two weeks. I said never again

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah HTS is an epic fail 9 of 10 times. If you don't care when you get your stuff, and you throw away your packaging, then HTS is just fine.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've used HTS repeatedly (at least five orders that I remember) and the only problem I've had is that one order took 3 weeks to arrive after shipping...and that turned out to be because the mailroom at my University residence misplaced it and not the fault of HTS. Otherwise, I've had no problems with them; my stuff ships out quickly (or very close to the expected ship date), arrives quickly and the packaging is always in excellent condition. Guess I'm just lucky.

7. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    HTS.com has been sucking so badly lately. They were NOT like this in previous years.

1. Animated was released in the end of May. My wave 1 order (placed in March) didn't arrive till late July / early August.

2. My SDCC order arrived in terrible shape. The Nemesis Prime box was heavily damaged and the $15 Iron Man Mighty Mugg had a big thumb crease in the window.

8. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Got my order today.
    Punchline: It's Classics Galvatron. Order took forever and contained a crap-tastic toy.

And yet, I'm addicted. Is there a support group forum?

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    astro

The Astrotrain Exclusive, I ordered was beat up both in and out of the box, I did order Predaking Titanium to get it early incase I never saw it in stores.

The problem I have is by the time I get the order in, I find the toy out in the store before my order is processed so I have cancelled quite a few.

I want the new Dewback from the new galactic heroes sets, I think I will take my chances as everywhere else hardly stocks them, I saw the vader fighter and Obi, once. X-wing and Jabba's is all that is out now.

10. unicron_is_god

unicron_is_god Banned

I had placed a order for 2 galvatrons and 2 acid storms...then found them elsewhere...emailed them to cancel the order...they canceled one of each figure and then sent me the other 1 of each figure...so i get a box with one galvatron and one acid storm after getting a email the order was canceled....and of course they billed me for the items a week after they shipped...not worth sending them back so now i have 2 piece of shit galvatrons instead of one...but i have a extra acid storm so that is ok i guess as that seeker in those colors ROCKS!!

11. Greatshot

Greatshot The One, The Only

i live in japan and have my orders shipped to my parents house so i usually open up a BUNCH of stuff once a year or so when i go home to visit. (yes christmas is always good for me.) i would say that 80% of the stuff i order comes from hasbrotoyshop. if it takes a long time to get there or not i have no idea, so i cant comment on that, but i have never had a single problem with packages arriving in bad shape. the only place that angered me was walmart.com because they but these giant warehouse stickers on the back of packages (the part i keep for the picture, profile etc) that almost take part of the package with them when your rip them off.

12. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Only 2 orders I've ever placed with them, and that was 2 reissue Astrotrains and 2 Nemesis Prime SDCC exclusives. Had no issues to my recollection on the Astrotrains, and the Nemesis Primes arrived in an acceptable amount of time, however there was no packing material in the box. At all. One NP box was beat all to hell and the other one was still in good shape. Couldn't really discern if the beat up one happened at the warehouse or during transit.

Given the history of HTS, I'll still place orders with them, but they'll be few and far between.